why doesnt RCI have floorplans on their website?

regardless of how tiny or crudely drawn, pretty much every other cruise line has some kind of overhead floor plan on their page. typically it's under the pretty picture of the room or at least via a link on that room page.

why doesnt RCI do this?

disclaimer, i only regularly look at ships out of NJ and BALT so maybe it's on other ships?

I think luckyinpa is looking for a floorplan of the room types, not the deck plans. They certainly used to be there, and I see links called "Enlarge Layout" that only bring up a description of the room type. Perhaps the images are missing due to a website error? (Because that never happens!) You can certainly find them on other websites. In fact, I'm sure what you'll find are the official images that should be on RCI's website!

I think luckyinpa is looking for a floorplan of the room types, not the deck plans. They certainly used to be there, and I see links called "Enlarge Layout" that only bring up a description of the room type. Perhaps the images are missing due to a website error? (Because that never happens!) You can certainly find them on other websites. In fact, I'm sure what you'll find are the official images that should be on RCI's website!

Yes they were there....but somewhere along the way as RCI "improved" :eek::eek: their website...they aren't available any longer.

They probably removed them because not every cabin is exactly as the layouts that were there and people used to complain that their cabin wasn't as it was shown. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

They probably removed them because not every cabin is exactly as the layouts that were there and people used to complain that their cabin wasn't as it was shown.

As is normal for CC, some have threatened a lawsuit because their cabin was not as depicted.:rolleyes:

As is normal for CC, some have threatened a lawsuit because their cabin was not as depicted.:rolleyes:

It was clearly noted that they were "depictions" only ... apparently those that threatened legal action can't read :rolleyes:

They probably removed them because not every cabin is exactly as the layouts that were there and people used to complain that their cabin wasn't as it was shown. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

i dont buy that. there are pics of cabins that show bed by the balcony and we know darn well that isnt always the case. maybe i should call and complain my bed wasnt like that in the pic and they will take pics off too?

i dont buy that. there are pics of cabins that show bed by the balcony and we know darn well that isnt always the case. maybe i should call and complain my bed wasnt like that in the pic and they will take pics off too?

Why don't you just book Breakaway again? I have never seen someone complain so much about a ship and a cruise line they have never even sailed yet. You would really be doing yourself a favor to just cancel your cruise before final payment and sail NCL again. You seem much happier with the way they do things on their ships and their website. You have really set yourself up to hate Anthem and everything Royal Caribbean has to offer, because it isn't NCL.

Nothing wrong with staying with the cruise line you like.

Why don't you just book Breakaway again? I have never seen someone complain so much about a ship and a cruise line they have never even sailed yet. You would really be doing yourself a favor to just cancel your cruise before final payment and sail NCL again. You seem much happier with the way they do things on their ships and their website. You have really set yourself up to hate Anthem and everything Royal Caribbean has to offer, because it isn't NCL.

That response is shameful. OP, that does not represent the majority of people here. Many of us love cruising and like giving facts to help.

OP - try cruisedeckplans.com has both the floorplans of the decks and layouts of the rooms along with some photos. You can also overlay decks to see if anything above or below will make noise.

Maybe they should depict them as they are.:rolleyes:

That response is shameful. OP, that does not represent the majority of people here. Many of us love cruising and like giving facts to help.

OP - try cruisedeckplans.com has both the floorplans of the decks and layouts of the rooms along with some photos. You can also overlay decks to see if anything above or below will make noise.

There is nothing shameful at all about my response and I have no idea what you mean about "representing the majority of people". She has complained about ever aspect of Anthem and Royal Caribbean before even sailing. I would not sail on a ship or with a company that makes me that unhappy this early in the process. If I am not happy with something, I take my money elsewhere. I just wonder why the OP is sticking with something that makes them so stressed and unhappy. They have sailed Breakaway twice and seem to like that, stick to what they like. Life is too short to spend the next six months unhappy with their choice.

Maybe they should depict them as they are.:rolleyes:

Probably too costly/difficult to keep that kind of info up to date. The ship may modify something in a cabin and never tell shorside. Coming here to CC and getting info seems to work.

Probably too costly/difficult to keep that kind of info up to date. The ship may modify something in a cabin and never tell shorside. Coming here to CC and getting info seems to work.

i agree with biker. but now you got me wondering how often cabins change. i see on deck plans that certain ones have effective dates. then they change after X date. so they do keep track of some of the changes.

and the cabin thread sticky is informative unless it doesnt list the one you have/want. is kind of amazing that there's a finite number of cabins on every ship yet even after all these years, they all havent been written about. just imagine if every person on just one sailing took some pics and uploaded them , u would have a complete current inventory.

they can call it the million cabin march or something witty.

i agree with biker. but now you got me wondering how often cabins change. i see on deck plans that certain ones have effective dates. then they change after X date. so they do keep track of some of the changes.

and the cabin thread sticky is informative unless it doesnt list the one you have/want. is kind of amazing that there's a finite number of cabins on every ship yet even after all these years, they all havent been written about. just imagine if every person on just one sailing took some pics and uploaded them , u would have a complete current inventory.

they can call it the million cabin march or something witty.

When you see the dates change on cabins it is usually that the cabins are recategorized, the layout does not tend to change. On cruisedeckplans.com you will find many cabin photos. I know they have a sister site of JUST cabin photos but I don't recall the name; it should be linked there.

just imagine if every person on just one sailing took some pics and uploaded them , u would have a complete current inventory.

But all that could change during a dry dock or even earlier. It would have to be an ongoing thing.

why don't you just book breakaway again? I have never seen someone complain so much about a ship and a cruise line they have never even sailed yet. You would really be doing yourself a favor to just cancel your cruise before final payment and sail ncl again. You seem much happier with the way they do things on their ships and their website. You have really set yourself up to hate anthem and everything royal caribbean has to offer, because it isn't ncl.

+1!

But all that could change during a dry dock or even earlier. It would have to be an ongoing thing.

would be helpful if there was an online community working together i agree. online forces can get so much done with other areas and it seems like it would benefit all to have this out there.

and i've never moved around furniture in a cabin so dont know how easy it is to move a bed from a balcony to bathroom position but i guess if it makes them more money they should to it. other than drydock i just cannot fathom what structurally could change.

i have a totally crazy idea. they could list both ways on the floor plans , you will get X or Y.