Received upgrade info.....

Sulo

Just thought I'd post that we received our upgrade info today (yes, Saturday), for our 7 day Alaska cruise on the Volendam sailing on May 10th. We booked ocean view cat F guarantee, received upgrade to o/v cat C. It's in a good location and we are very happy.

Received two upsell offers for Vista Suites, first one was $519.00 CAD$, then this past week it was $349.00 CAD$. We figured we would stay with the ocean view and save a few dollars.

Good luck to all who are waiting for their cabin assignments.

Did you book through HAL or another way? We just booked a cruise for next week, and since there are a lot of Neptune Suites still available and we booked a Signature, we were wondering if there was a chance for an upsell. We booked through a TA, not HAL.

Did you book through HAL or another way? We just booked a cruise for next week, and since there are a lot of Neptune Suites still available and we booked a Signature, we were wondering if there was a chance for an upsell. We booked through a TA, not HAL.
I think I would make it known to your TA that you would be interested in an Upsell and to contact you when one comes through. I would be proactive too and call the Upsell department directly. If there is one,you still have to go through your TA to make the actual change.

If you are offered an "Upsell" and have a promotion package on your original cruise, do you loose the promotion perks if you take the "Upsell?"

Cngratulations on your upsell. Sounds like a good 'deal' to me. :)

azcruise, I booked us through a TA, but was checking on the HAL website periodically for the last couple of weeks to see what was still available.

After I received the cabin number, I checked back again at availability and there were a fair number of ocean views and Vista suites still showing. I looked again yesterday (Sunday) and every category was closed. So it may be a full ship after all.

Good luck with the chance of an upsell. Think positive....!

azcruise, I booked us through a TA, but was checking on the HAL website periodically for the last couple of weeks to see what was still available.

After I received the cabin number, I checked back again at availability and there were a fair number of ocean views and Vista suites still showing. I looked again yesterday (Sunday) and every category was closed. So it may be a full ship after all.

Good luck with the chance of an upsell. Think positive....!

So to get this info you simply start a booking to see what is available? I always wondered how people could see what is available. Thanks for any insight

I think I would make it known to your TA that you would be interested in an Upsell and to contact you when one comes through. I would be proactive too and call the Upsell department directly. If there is one,you still have to go through your TA to make the actual change.

So how does one call the Upsell Department ? Is there a special number?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We would consider an upsell to suite except we are in a handicap accessible veranda due to wife's wheelchair use. But if suite had enough room for even limited use and a shower (not just tub) she could make it work. I suspect though that due to accessible cabin HAL would not offer it. I suppose we could check with our PCC or at least make it known we would consider it. We often spring for last minute first class upgrades at the gate when available so the principle would be the same.

We sailed last June on the Amsterdam and recd the same upgrade. Ocean view cabin midship, not obstructed view. We liked the proximity to the promenade and used it often. It was a wonderful cruise and you will have a fantastic time if the weather co-operates.

Good sailing.