Sail away Insides

biker@sea

Is this new? Sail Away Inside

As our lowest available rate for this category, a Sail Away Inside stateroom guarantees you’ll receive an Inside stateroom or better! Your stateroom may be on any deck and assigned up to one day prior to embarkation. Promotional rates and offers are excluded on this category (IX).

Been around forever.

Inside

A great value. Enjoy many of the same amenities as an Oceanview stateroom.

FROM $699

Family Inside

All rooms are near stairs and elevators, giving you quick access to everything.

FROM $839

Mid-Ship Inside

Easy access to onboard fun, with many of the same amenities as an Oceanview.

FROM $799

Inside

Sold Out

Sail Away Inside FROM $399

New to Me.

New to Me.

I first noticed this change in name yesterday - it's on all cabin classes except suites. NCL seems to like this wording better than "Guarantee". I have seen NCL cruises through travel agents use the very similarly worded "Sail Away Rate" which was without promos but usually still offered a cabin choice.

This is a bigger deal than it seems folks. It's not just a name change.:mad:

They essentially removed ALL promotions from their guarantee rooms. This is the same ALL cabin types...not just inside. As someone that likes to save money by booking a guarantee, NCL is now forcing you to select a cabin category (especially making you pay more). Their base level pricing no longer includes ANY promotions.

I would be curious how this effects booking on more full sailings...as the guarantee was typically your only remaining option (do they then remove the promotion)??

Sail Away is NCL's newish name for the lowest guarantee rate. You don't pick your stateroom and receive no freestyle perks. Sail Away shows for each X category, not just insides. I just noticed this on Monday when we booked the 8 day Alaska May 5th sailing on the Jewel.

This is a bigger deal than it seems folks. It's not just a name change.:mad:

They essentially removed ALL promotions from their guarantee rooms. This is the same ALL cabin types...not just inside. As someone that likes to save money by booking a guarantee, NCL is now forcing you to select a cabin category (especially making you pay more). Their base level pricing no longer includes ANY promotions.

I would be curious how this effects booking on more full sailings...as the guarantee was typically your only remaining option (do they then remove the promotion)??

There is no change except in name. For quite some time NCL has not offered any freestyle perks on the lowest guarantee X category for inside, oceanview, balcony or mini suite categories. I think Sail Away is catchier than Guarantee.

There is no change except in name. For quite some time NCL has not offered any freestyle perks on the lowest guarantee X category for inside, oceanview, balcony or mini suite categories. I think Sail Away is catchier than Guarantee.

That's incorrect. I booked a X cabin for my upcoming Alaska cruise. Received the perks. I was looking at a New England cruise for this fall...lowest level category had the perks. Now the lowest level on either one of those sailings no longer has the perks.

They essentially removed ALL promotions from their guarantee rooms.

Not true. I booked an inside guarantee two weeks ago with the UBP and I could've booked the "Sail Away" rate for $10 less with no promotions.

That's incorrect. I booked a X cabin for my upcoming Alaska cruise. Received the perks. I was looking at a New England cruise for this fall...lowest level category had the perks. Now the lowest level on either one of those sailings no longer has the perks.
When did you book the Alaska cruise? kjquilts is actually correct, the X categories have been excluded from the Free At Sea promotion for about a year and a half now.

Depending on the sailing, the "lowest level" in the category may or may not be the X category. Sometimes they stop selling that category and the lowest available price corresponds to a higher category that does come with perks (even if that category is offered on a GTY basis).

Not true. I booked an inside guarantee two weeks ago with the UBP and I could've booked the "Sail Away" rate for $10 less with no promotions.
What exact category did you book? Was it IX or something else? And did you book through NCL Miami or through a European office?

When did you book the Alaska cruise? kjquilts is actually correct, the X categories have been excluded from the Free At Sea promotion for about a year and a half now.

Depending on the sailing, the "lowest level" in the category may or may not be the X category. Sometimes they stop selling that category and the lowest available price corresponds to a higher category that does come with perks (even if that category is offered on a GTY basis).

What exact category did you book? Was it IX or something else? And did you book through NCL Miami or through a European office?

I booked it back in January and was looking at the new England just a few weeks ago. If that's the case, then I stand corrected. I just know I booked a guarantee level cabin and got the promo. Now when I try to book the same cruise, it's not letting me.

• 2 months later...

I found some info on the _X categories. https://www.ncl.com/promo/sail-away-rates

"Plan your next vacation with Norwegian's Sail Away Rates - our best available rates on select cruises! Simply choose a cruise below, then pick your stateroom category - Inside, Oceanview, Balcony or Mini-Suite. Next, select the corresponding Sail Away subcategory: Sail Away Inside (IX), Sail Away Oceanview (OX), Sail Away Balcony (BX) or Sail Away Mini-Suite (MX). Then, proceed to check out and we'll do the rest!

Your stateroom number will be assigned by us when you check in on your sail date. And the best part? Sail Away guests are eligible for a complimentary upgrade to a higher category stateroom based on availability at check in. Please note that as our best available rates offer, Sail Away Rates cannot be combined with other offers and promotions, such as Free at Sea. "

I wonder if this is honored or not. I've heard that you can't make changes at check-in without paying. Typically sold out is posted at the check-in desks even if there are open rooms on the boat.

Edited by Cruise4Twos

Inside

FROM $699

Family Inside

FROM $839

Mid-Ship Inside

FROM $799

Inside

Sold Out

New to Me.

I first noticed this about a week ago. I have only sailed on NCL once a few years ago so it isn't familiar to me either.

Unfortunately, the sail away fare isn't available on the Alaska sailing I am looking at. I wonder if it will be available later and whether or not I could switch. I'm always looking for the lowest fare :)

I've noticed for quite a while on my upcoming 2 week Jade cruise. Sail away inside gt with no perks at $2499 pp. ms gt sail away rate $3229 no perks. Ms choose two perks is exactly same price and you can pick the cabin.

They'll also offer up gt rate various cabins here and there with perks. The sail away rate is almost always no less $ and certainly not the, "special lowest rate " savings advertised.

Inside

FROM $699

Family Inside

FROM $839

Mid-Ship Inside

FROM $799

Inside

Sold Out

New to Me.

New to me too.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a question related to the "Sail Away Insides" .....

I saw a cruise that was a latitudes insider cruise, which means you get double points for the cruise. Do you still get credit for those extra latitude points if you take the "Sail Away" special deal, or does that go away like the "Free at Sea" promos do when booking that deal?

Has anyone here gotten a Sail away cabin? Were they good, or were they noisy cabins (like over the auditorium).

Here is a question related to the "Sail Away Insides" .....

I saw a cruise that was a latitudes insider cruise, which means you get double points for the cruise. Do you still get credit for those extra latitude points if you take the "Sail Away" special deal, or does that go away like the "Free at Sea" promos do when booking that deal?

Has anyone here gotten a Sail away cabin? Were they good, or were they noisy cabins (like over the auditorium).

I have a Sail away cabin booked for a cruise in October. Currently the cabin is an OV X cabin which is indirectly above the karaoke bar (heavy sleepers). According to NCL the room can change so, we're taking that chance. If you're interested in a sail away, I would go to NCL and do a mock booking. When I did this it gave me the room number online, we researched the opinions of others that had that room then booked. Now that category does not show the #so I bet they've sold the 2 X OVs.