why is guest services line so long?

jdemps

;p I always go on the last day of the cruise for a printout of our folio. If the is a mistake I have the entire day to have it corrected or I guess I could wait until the last morning when every one is trying to get off the ship and straighten out the mistakes on their folios before they get off. After over 40 cruises I find my method a good one. Try it you will like. Happy cruising.

I wish I had a picture of this. But on our September Liberty cruise there were 1300 passengers on a Southern Soul Cruise. Over 1000 of those passengers stood in that line. All to remove tips. I kid you not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do you know that?

Only once in 18 cruises. We were on a b2b and when I went to reserve my cabana at Half Moon the lady laughed and said I was not on the ship. Guess my card did not ding properly when we got back on the ship. Only took a couple of minutes to fix.

1) Husband lost his sail and sign (first person on ship to do so, too)

2) Gift card we had put on our account at check in in Galveston was not on our onboard account. Turns out they had put it on someone else's account!

DH lost S&S card (but came away with a Bonus as we made a lifelong friend out of the Guest Services staff member, she's now a Senior Officer)

Refund on refundable OBC

Add so many Gift Certificates that you all would have been mad if I tried to load them all through the kiosk and you were waiting behind me in line

On the Legend, to get a refund on dryers that did not work

DH lost his debit card (and Guest Services provided a phone so that we could call the bank and cancel)

I've only been on 5 cruises but I have never visited guest services. What are some reasons you go there to make the line so dang long? I don't understand getting FTTF just for the GS line cutting. Am I missing out on something that I should be asking for? Fear of missing out....lolol

I ordered an item from the fun shops and it never showed up. I went to guest services several times to try and correct the problem. If others get the same quality service I received then that might lead to a line. Fortunately I had fttf. The item never did show up and Carnival doesn't seem able to process a refund so I had the credit card company do a chargeback.

I've only been on 5 cruises but I have never visited guest services. What are some reasons you go there to make the line so dang long? I don't understand getting FTTF just for the GS line cutting. Am I missing out on something that I should be asking for? Fear of missing out....lolol

People get on line to ask stupid questions.

How do you know that?

Because I was told by the CD at the time and it was confirmed by John Heald in a post. It was awful.

Medicine cooler the first day of every cruise when the line is the longest. Lost phone, twice, lost room key, change room key, lost reading glasses, locked out of room and I'm sure there were a couple more. Not having to wait in line the first day makes it worth it to me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I plan on going to guest services to open up the balcony divider between cabins. We have 3 cabins in a row and want the dividers opened up.

If you are referring to your Pride cruise this year, I believe the dividers swing towards the ship on this class of ship. So you might not be able to have all 3 opened with out blocking someone's balcony door or partially blocking 2 of the doors. Call your PVP to confirm which direction the divides open to and if possible request in advance so that the info appears on the "Special Notes" section of each cabin's booking.

So , what was the major problem ?

Perhaps they had our attendant. He couldn't remember to wipe the salt off the balcony chairs, wouldn't service the fold out couch, and after the first day we didn't see him again.

So you're THAT person always clogging up the GS line, eh FBW?? ;)

At least she's not removing her tips because the waiter didn't refill her water glass fast enough or because they didn't like the towel animals the cabin steward made at night....too scary for the kids (yes, I have heard these).

Perhaps they had our attendant. He couldn't remember to wipe the salt off the balcony chairs, wouldn't service the fold out couch, and after the first day we didn't see him again.

OK.... I tried to stay away and cannot let it go. Did these two events cause you to remove tips?

At least she's not removing her tips because the waiter didn't refill her water glass fast enough or because they didn't like the towel animals the cabin steward made at night....too scary for the kids (yes, I have heard these).

Being around GS on the last night does cause one to restore their faith in their fellow man.....

If it's a lousy sea day I will grab a drink or two and head down to Guest Services. I don't stand in line, I find a chair nearby so I can sit and enjoy the spectacle.

"The towel animal was too scary!"

"There was no towel animal last night!"

“My cabin doesn’t have a window!” ‘Yes Ma’am you are in an inside cabin.’

“I can’t see outside my porthole, I want a refund!”

Best damn entertainment on any cruise ship! :D

Because I was told by the CD at the time and it was confirmed by John Heald in a post. It was awful.

If the fat man said it, it must be true.