How to make Carnival's cheers program worth it

My husband and I are going on the Carnival breeze in a few months. We purchased the new Carnival cheers program that includes almost every kind of drink up to $50. The program cost $50 a day plus 15% tip. We are looking for ways to make the pre-paid drink program have the most bang for our buck. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

My husband and I are going on the Carnival breeze in a few months. We purchased the new Carnival cheers program that includes almost every kind of drink up to $50. The program cost $50 a day plus 15% tip. We are looking for ways to make the pre-paid drink program have the most bang for our buck. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Always have a drink in your hand. Never be empty handed. Alternate between water and booze.

Try some drinks you're curious about but have never done. I'm not a big drinker so I usually get to maybe 10 or 11 of the daily 15. That gives me the opportunity to try something new. I tried a classic martini (didn't like it) and a Hennessy vsop cognac after dinner. I think the Hennessy was $25 it $30, so it's not something I would have tried elsewhere at that price and not knowing if I would like it.

I have a bartender app and pick out some drinks I want to try as well as trying the classics: Mint Julep (today is Derby day), Sidecar, Cosmopolitan, and Sazerac. It's a great way to experiment. If you hate it (like the martini I had), have them dump it and you and the bartender have a good laugh.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

It's worth it if you have a good time on your cruise. If you drink too much you may get ill, have a hangover, miss activities or meals you wanna enjoy. Just drink what you enjoy and try new stuff if you want to. It doesn't take but 5 or 6 drinks to be break even. Don't sweat it. Have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Vista last week with cheers. Drink a lot! Try many of the best frozen drinks from the bars INSIDE the ship. Drink expensive martinis while watching shows and bands. Ask for Grey Goose and Belvedere. Go to the Red Frog for craft beers. Utilize the specialty coffees and shakes with Cheers from Java Blue. Stock up on bottled water, Powerade and Vitamin waters included with Cheers from the coffee shop and Cherry on Top for hot port day excursions. They are included with Cheers. Store extras in your room cabin. We easily surpassed the cost of Cheers for us last week.

Are we allowed to get unopened beer/cider from bar and then take it off the ship into port? We are stopping at Mahogany bay

no.. its not allowed but some bartenders will do it if you ask. Also remember you have to wait 5 minutes between drinks

I mix in a couple of mimosas

Just go enjoy yourself....try something new and order what you want when you want with no concern over budgeting the final bill. That freedom is what makes the program 'worth it'.

Before your port days, stop by the coffee shop or Atrium bar and grab a couple of bottles of vitamin water, honest ice tea or coconut water. It saves you from buying a hydrating drink at the port and adds to your cheers value.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Don't worry about keeping tally of your daily drink intake - this defeats the purpose of the package. The purpose of the package is to to get an extra drink, or that expensive martini, or try something you don't know whether or not you'll like without worrying about the bill. Being able to run by a bar and grab a bottle of water or soda without feeling like you should go back to the buffet to get the 'free drinks'. Just enjoy your trip without feeling like you have to 'break even'.

Do they have smoothies on Carnival Breeze? I saw that those are included in cheers too.

I'm pretty sure that I could take beer/cider off the boat, right? Then we wouldn't have to buy any while on the beach in Mahogany bay (even though we're just a few hundred yards from the boat!

The bar in the steakhouse has champagne that was about $20 per glass. We stopped there every night on our way to the dinning room. We would have a glass of champagne and then take a glass of wine with us so that we didn't have to wait for a drink. You don't need to be eating at the steakhouse to go to the bar.

Don't worry about keeping tally of your daily drink intake - this defeats the purpose of the package. The purpose of the package is to to get an extra drink, or that expensive martini, or try something you don't know whether or not you'll like without worrying about the bill. Being able to run by a bar and grab a bottle of water or soda without feeling like you should go back to the buffet to get the 'free drinks'. Just enjoy your trip without feeling like you have to 'break even'.

Good reply

Sent from my iPhone

Get specially coffees. Every time you walk by a bar get a bottle of water. The Alchemy bar has amazing drinks, one before dinner and their chocolate martini after. We loved it. We honestly probably won't do cheers again. After day 3 it was working to continuing to drink to cover our cost. Just enjoy you're on vacation.

Sorry, I disagree. That mentality would make me bonkers if I paid for the package. It may put you at ease, but unless I was better off dollarwise with the package, I could not justify the purchase by citing convenience.

Sorry, I disagree. That mentality would make me bonkers if I paid for the package. It may put you at ease, but unless I was better off dollarwise with the package, I could not justify the purchase by citing convenience.

LOL, I agree with you as well....I was only agreeing with the last line of the poster you quoted, do it if it works or not, don't try and justify it with having to add up and see if it makes sense today...oh no let me order and expensive drink (even though I won't drink it) to justify the program.....

No worries. Keeping track of every drink cost and stressing over the fact that I have to break even would drive me bonkers.

No worries. Keeping track of every drink cost and stressing over the fact that I have to break even would drive me bonkers.

Fair enough. A lot of people cite convenience. I may be in the minority of it needing to pencil out in my favor. There's many different perspectives.

Fair enough. A lot of people cite convenience. I may be in the minority of it needing to pencil out in my favor. There's many different perspectives.

I figure that once I've bought the package, it doesn't really matter if it was the best decision, I can't go back. So, I just HOPE that I make it worth it (and will probably look at things at the end of each day) and that gives me info for the NEXT cruise. Our June cruise will be our first time for Cheers. I'm thinking that the non-alcoholic stuff will actually help to make this come out in our favor without much of an issue. Being able to grab bottles of water, etc, will make it nicer so that I don't feel the need to try to cart stuff onto the ship with me to save money.

Could one order a bucket of beer towards the drink package and then not drink it all to take one or two off the ship?

Buckets of beer are not included in the drink packages. You can only order one at a time, and remember 5 minutes in between each drink order.

Or, take a Regent cruise where all beverages are included in your cruise fare. No sneaking around. Just ask for what you want whenever you want it. Top shelf? No problem!