Great Butlers of NCL

NancyL2

We had Roy on the Gem in 2015, then he was again our butler on the Star in 2016! (I believe the Star is his home.) He was great!

Karin on the Sky was delightful---I am hoping to meet up with her again this fall, if she is still around!

Our first butler was missing in action, as was our butler in March; however, the concierges on those cruises made up for it! Fingers crossed for July on the Jewel!

It's so interesting to me that Roy always ends up on these list. Maybe when we had him on the Breakaway it was a bad week but he literally complained about every request that we had. He was by far our worst butler ever but everyone else loves him.

It's so interesting to me that Roy always ends up on these list. Maybe when we had him on the Breakaway it was a bad week but he literally complained about every request that we had. He was by far our worst butler ever but everyone else loves him.

Isn't that funny - we too scratch our heads when someone mentions so and so as a great or not so great concierge or butler and we've had them and had a different experience.

We had Roy on BA and all was well. Obviously tips is one thing that should motivate them but NCL should do a survey on butlers and concierge for each room so that would aid in promotion and training needs.

Chris our butler on the Pride of America, was our least favorite! It was a 11 night cruise from dry dock in San Francisco back to Hawaii, and then the regular cruise around the Islands. Chris kind of told us upfront not to expect too much from him, because it was different from any other NCL Cruise. So, when there was electrical problems in the suite, we talked to the hotel director to get them corrected right away. Chris had forgotten about them. Like the feather pillows we had requested, the specific snacks we had requested daily from him, an ice bucket to chill our bottles of wine - since the refrigerator didn't work, etc. Between our 2 Room Stewards and the Concierge, we were well taken care of though. Chris finally showed up the last few days of the cruise, which was a little late. He got a small tip, compared to what we have given our other butlers.

Chris our butler on the Pride of America, was our least favorite! It was a 11 night cruise from dry dock in San Francisco back to Hawaii, and then the regular cruise around the Islands. Chris kind of told us upfront not to expect too much from him, because it was different from any other NCL Cruise. So, when there was electrical problems in the suite, we talked to the hotel director to get them corrected right away. Chris had forgotten about them. Like the feather pillows we had requested, the specific snacks we had requested daily from him, an ice bucket to chill our bottles of wine - since the refrigerator didn't work, etc. Between our 2 Room Stewards and the Concierge, we were well taken care of though. Chris finally showed up the last few days of the cruise, which was a little late. He got a small tip, compared to what we have given our other butlers.

We were on the same 11 (10) day trip as you. Our butler was pretty good on the ship - can't recall his name at the moment - he was from Texas. The HD - Kaj - did a fabulous job on that trip.

We are big fans of Roy's; however, I see your point. He does much better on the smaller ships. Our experience with him on the Breakaway v. the Gem was completely different. We didn't see him much on the BA, so when we had him a few years later on the Gem, we weren't expecting much, but we were blown away on the Gem and became fast friends.

In his defense, we sailed the BA its inaugural season, and either they hadn't staffed the butlers properly or he had some very high maintenance guests that were a total time suck.

We are big fans of Roy's; however, I see your point. He does much better on the smaller ships. Our experience with him on the Breakaway v. the Gem was completely different. We didn't see him much on the BA, so when we had him a few years later on the Gem, we weren't expecting much, but we were blown away on the Gem and became fast friends.

In his defense, we sailed the BA its inaugural season, and either they hadn't staffed the butlers properly or he had some very high maintenance guests that were a total time suck.

I can agree with that. I remember I asked for soup from LeBistro and he said no as it would be cold because he had to walk from one side of the ship to the other. Might have been the first time I was ever told no in a suite. It took me by surprise.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Gem. Mark

Sun. Jose

Jade. Charlie

Each of our Butler's were outstanding.

When we were on the Star, Mark Santos made a point to stop by our cabin several times to make sure all was well even though we were not in a suite.

Just shows the care that Norwegian's staff provides.

When we were on BA and had Roy he had rooms all the way forward in Haven and rooms aft. When he had to service rooms in the aft he had to truck most stuff from forward butler pantry down to a crew floor then back up to the aft area. I also feel that NCL understaffs butlers and in some cases people overuse the butlers.

Loved Susan on the POA back in 2014! She was like wonder woman for us. Saved the day several times from grabbing us rice to try to dry out my daughters cell phone that took a dip in a waterfall, getting in touch with the tour company when my daughter left something behind in the backpack that we used for a hike and getting my husband a new key card so we could debark the last day. Someone left his card in the pocket of his shorts that was put outside with the suitcases the last night :rolleyes:

Not sure about other ships, but our butler on the Escape said that they have a galley in the aft area.

When we were on BA and had Roy he had rooms all the way forward in Haven and rooms aft. When he had to service rooms in the aft he had to truck most stuff from forward butler pantry down to a crew floor then back up to the aft area. I also feel that NCL understaffs butlers and in some cases people overuse the butlers.

Anyone know where Willy Hernandez, (from Goa India)

Is working. We had him on the Pearl twice then he went to Breakaway.....When Prem left to do same. I know Prem is retired , wondering about Willy. thanks

I just have to give a shout out about my favorite Butlers

Maxi - everyone who knows him knows that he is the icon of all Butlers.

I'd need pages to talk about him

Arnie - has also been around for many years and is a super - super Butler

Efran - had him on our last cruise - oh my - he was always there when needed.

We'd open the door to go to dinner & he would be there to walk us down.

Laundry problems - there is Efran.

And on and on.

He is amazing and as close to Maxi as possible.

Also excellent Butlers;

Florintina

Jennifer

Made (he does warm up after you've sailed with him a couple of times)

Virginia

Gian

Mansur

Monica

Can't think of any Butler we've had who wasn't good - I guess I block that from my memory, because I think there was one.

Judy

I have sailed twice in a haven suite on the Breakaway. The first time I was traveling with my mom and we had Gian and she was ill. It still brings a tear to me today on how he treated her and made her feel so special. My last trip on Breakaway and had Mark Santos, very friendly, accommodating and helpful.

I just have to give a shout out about my favorite Butlers

Maxi - everyone who knows him knows that he is the icon of all Butlers.

I'd need pages to talk about him

Arnie - has also been around for many years and is a super - super Butler

Efran - had him on our last cruise - oh my - he was always there when needed.

We'd open the door to go to dinner & he would be there to walk us down.

Laundry problems - there is Efran.

And on and on.

He is amazing and as close to Maxi as possible.

Also excellent Butlers;

Florintina

Jennifer

Made (he does warm up after you've sailed with him a couple of times)

Virginia

Gian

Mansur

Monica

Can't think of any Butler we've had who wasn't good - I guess I block that from my memory, because I think there was one.

Judy

IF they are the same ones, Florentina and Virigina are now Concierges.

If this is the same Florentina I'm thinking of, she is now in the US and not working for NCL.

When we were on Spirit Dec. 2015 she was concierge there. Her boys and husband were on the ship for turnaround and they lived in Orlando so maybe the same one.

She had a background in Engineering and was the best concierge we've had.

When we were on Spirit Dec. 2015 she was concierge there. Her boys and husband were on the ship for turnaround and they lived in Orlando so maybe the same one.

She had a background in Engineering and was the best concierge we've had.

The twins. :hearteyes: Love them to bits.

If it's Florentina with the twins (and I believe she was the only Florentina), then, she is not currently with NCL and is in the U.S. She's doing wonderfully as we are in touch quite often. (And, if possible, the boys are getting cuter by the day - amazing how they grow up so fast!)

The twins. :hearteyes: Love them to bits.

If it's Florentina with the twins (and I believe she was the only Florentina), then, she is not currently with NCL and is in the U.S. She's doing wonderfully as we are in touch quite often. (And, if possible, the boys are getting cuter by the day - amazing how they grow up so fast!)

I am so happy for her.

She was definitely among the best, but David Contreras holds the top spot for us.

He has been on the Epic for some time.

There should be a concierge thread.

• 1 month later...
Just off the Pearl in July.....Jennifer is the best!!!

Just off the Pearl, September......I agree , Jennifer is the best.

Question, how many butlers work on each ship. Does the Pearl have more than one? Or is it the concierge that there is only one ?