Great Butlers of NCL

NancyL2

Jane - Dawn

I wonder if she was the same Jane who was our butler on the Jewel this past Jan./Feb. She's been with NCL a long time, so it's possible. At any rate, she was simply spectacular. She really helped make our trip special.

A couple of years ago, on another butler thread, a female poster commented that she would never want to have a woman for a butler. Gave some sort of gender-biased, stereotype nonsense for the reason. Jane would so prove her wrong, but this poster only wanted Mr. Carson.

Of those listed, we've only had Rosh and Teo. They were o.k. at best but better than any of the others we've had.

We met Ramona several places on BA and she was a night butler at the time but didn't have her as a butler. I can easily see her being a great butler with all the energy she has. We spent quite a bit of time talking to her. She was a washy washy girly by day then worked at Le Bistro at night. We filled out a Hero card for her.

Ravi on the Dawn and Jewel (had him as our butler 3 times - in fact, we scheduled our cruise based on where / when he'd be on board!)

We have had some spectacular butlers on all NCL ships we've sailed. But, Ravi is just incredible!

Gian on the BA. He was our butler one year then saw me a year later and asked about the family. He remembered specific things, which really impressed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote for Gian on the Breakaway. He took care of everything we asked for and even a few things that we didn't. He was great!

Best was MAXI the Magnificent.

My first butler, who shall remain nameless, was least best. He got off on one of our ports and kept going!!!

MAXI is, without a doubt, the VERY best of the Butlers.

Hanno, concierge on STAR, said he trained under Maxi & of course thinks he's wonderful and was

a great teacher - though quite strict. Which makes him amazing.

We have many other Butlers that we love.

Efren - on the STAR - came the closest to MAXI. He seemed to always appear when needed.

He learned our general schedule & was outside our door to walk us to dinner! This happened many times.

No request was too much for him. We even had to be careful what we said because he'd

make things happen before we knew it!

Also Romel, Made, Arnie, Virginia, Florentina, Monica, and some I am forgetting!

And yet another vote for Gian! He was our butler on the Pearl back in 2010, I believe. He was great! Our other favorites would have to be Naveen - Getaway 2014 and Escape 2015, Lanie (sp?) on Epic in 2011 and most recently Dilip, on Escape last week. :)

And yet another vote for Gian! He was our butler on the Pearl back in 2010, I believe. He was great! Our other favorites would have to be Naveen - Getaway 2014 and Escape 2015, Lanie (sp?) on Epic in 2011 and most recently Dilip, on Escape last week. :)

We did not have GIAN, but our friends did and you are right, he was awesome!

I was friends with his wife, so we saw him now and then.

MAXI is, without a doubt, the VERY best of the Butlers.

Hanno, concierge on STAR, said he trained under Maxi & of course thinks he's wonderful and was

a great teacher - though quite strict. Which makes him amazing.

We have many other Butlers that we love.

Efren - on the STAR - came the closest to MAXI. He seemed to always appear when needed.

He learned our general schedule & was outside our door to walk us to dinner! This happened many times.

No request was too much for him. We even had to be careful what we said because he'd

make things happen before we knew it!

Also Romel, Made, Arnie, Virginia, Florentina, Monica, and some I am forgetting!

My dream cruise would be Hanno as the concierge, Maxi as the butler and Pedro Serra as cruise director. HAVENly thoughts!!!

Was on the Jade last Jan, the butlers name was Ristaldi...Sorry to have to say it...Nice guy I suppose but was hardly around, was average at best, did bare minimum if that, did not respond to most requests...We're very easy people to deal with, we ask for little, which was what we got...Still upon leaving the ship we tipped him $10.00/person/per day...$200.00 bucks in total which we anticipated...Could have been more...

Now the Concierge Omar O'Besso came by daily and could never do enough for us...What a terrific guy he was...

Going out on the Pearl again in Jan 2019 wonder who the butler and Concierge might be then...???

We had Dilip on the Gem and he was our favorite :)

My dream cruise would be Hanno as the concierge, Maxi as the butler and Pedro Serra as cruise director. HAVENly thoughts!!!

OMG!

We sure think alike.

I agree totally, but the CD could be Archie if Pedro wasn't available.

I love them both equally!

Add Micky as Restaurant Manager.

There are other Concierge that would be good

Carlos, Bruno, and......???

Still, Maxi is Numero Uno!!!

OMG!

We sure think alike.

I agree totally, but the CD could be Archie if Pedro wasn't available.

I love them both equally!

Add Micky as Restaurant Manager.

There are other Concierge that would be good

Carlos, Bruno, and......???

Still, Maxi is Numero Uno!!!

I love restaurant Manager, Hernan Rios. Cruised with him twice. Charming.

Oh, and I would choose Brian Walters as Hotel Director if I could[emoji57]

Jennifer, in the Haven on the Jewel last year, was absolutely lovely. I often think about her joyfulness and adorable singing. She had wonderful recommendations of things she could do to help us. She, along with the Haven butler Jonathon, made this cruise truly special.