Cheers question - snarky replies need not apply Thanks!

poblead

Can someone answer this simple question with out a nasty reply please?

If I order an alcoholic drink can I also order a virgin drink or a soda at the same time using my cheers program or do I have to wait the 5 minutes between orders??

Thanks for nice pleasant replies. They are appreciated!

My experience in 2013 was that you have to wait 5 minutes. Since then they have expanded the program to include, among other things, bottled water, and I have read on these boards that they will allow you to order a bottle of water at the same time as an alcoholic beverage.

If I order an alcoholic drink can I also order a virgin drink or a soda at the same time using my cheers program or do I have to wait the 5 minutes between orders??

You can get another virgin drink/soda whenever you want but must wait 5 minutes before getting another alcohol drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that you are really at the mercy of the bartender. Technically, the program states 5 minutes between drinks and doesn't specify whether those are alcoholic drinks or all drinks.

Exactly this. Some will do it, but many won't.

Correct - the five minutes is only between alcoholic beverages. Tip the bartenders from time to time and sometimes even that policy is overlooked.

Good. Lol.

Wouldn't think they would make me wait 5 min for a Coke when Unlimited non alcoholic drinks are included in cheers. I was like, what?!

Exactly this. Some will do it, but many won't.

I am a boss and decision maker. I would not accept no for an answer. I ordered a drink with a bottle of water and in 14 days not one bartender said no. You stay much better hydrated if you drink water between every drink.

I am a boss and decision maker. I would not accept no for an answer. I ordered a drink with a bottle of water and in 14 days not one bartender said no. You stay much better hydrated if you drink water between every drink.

So you would not take no for an answer? What are you going to do argue with the bartender for 5 minutes and get your drink anyway?

And what does being a boss and decision maker mean anyway? I guess I'm happy for you. Is that what your are looking for?

So you would not take no for an answer? What are you going to do argue with the bartender for 5 minutes and get your drink anyway?

And what does being a boss and decision maker mean anyway? I guess I'm happy for you. Is that what your are looking for?

:o:o:o

Officially you have to wait, some bartenders are fine with giving both at once.

So what will you do if they say no?????:rolleyes::mad::loudcry:

Good. Lol.

Wouldn't think they would make me wait 5 min for a Coke when Unlimited non alcoholic drinks are included in cheers. I was like, what?!

I doubt they would make you wait 5 minutes for a coke, but I haven't tried that so I don't know. I would think they would make you wait if you ordered say a cosmo, and wanted to order a Virgin bloody Mary. I would think the bartender would think you were planning to share drinks with someone, even though one has no alcohol.

I am so impressed that you can pressure empllyees into breaking the policies. wow.

I am a boss and decision maker. I would not accept no for an answer.

"I am a boss and a decision maker and I want two drinks right this minute. I will not take no for an answer"...

"Well, sir, if you wait this minute, and then four more, I will change my answer from no to yes."

:D

The computer will block the sale. The only exception for some reason is an alcoholic drink with a bottle of water. A coke and a beer won't work. A mixed drink and a coke won't work, a coke and a bottle water even doesn't work. On multiple instances the bar tender tried to do two and when they swiped the card it won't let them. They will sometimes give you two and than wait to swipe your card after 5 minutes. For instance maybe we came over to the bar with a sandwich and wanted to order a beer and a coke to drink. They could give us one or other but the computer would block the second. They would keep swiping and low and behold as soon as the five minute period was up the register allowed the sale.

I wish the system let the bartenders over ride the system when it was obvious that the person is consuming the beverage and not sharing. (at least with the NA drinks) I found it annoying to stop at the bar after working out to get a bottle of water and having to wait 5 minutes for another bottle. Also at the bars it is just the small bottles that work with cheers, you have to go to the dining room for the larger bottles.

Looking for what? I'm not looking for anything. As I said it never happened, every bartender said no problem. How about a scotch or bourbon with a water back? As far as my boss comments, as Lee Iacoa said "there are leaders, followers and people who just get out of the way"

Technically you have to wait. However our last well-tipped bartender would serve my son the soda he ordered then ring it up on our card after a 5 minute wait. We spent a lot of time at that one bar, so it wasn't an inconvenience to wait. We enjoyed chatting with him. We never asked him to do this, and a few times he did charge my son's card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It really depends upon the bartender. According to the rules you must wait. With that said some are more lenient than others. Also as the week goes on and you are known to certain bartenders they are easier to work with.

What mainescout just said! Yes, your card will reject if u don't wait 5 minutes but we made friends with the Alchemy bartenders and they were very accommodating. We tried SO hard to get our monies worth on the cheers program but fell short 170.00 of the 920.00 we paid for 2 ppl for an 8 nite cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Its not up to the bartender it if works or not. Either the card will let you or it won't. If it don't work and the bartender wants to give you both and wait to swipe your card again that's up to them. We would get an alcoholic drink and a water with no problem. We never tried any with sodas or other drinks with it. But we seen kids with bottomless beverage order a soda down it and had to wait 5 mins to get another soda. All you can do is try and see what they say and do. Everybody has different experiences with it. But it's just like any other sever/bartender take care of them they will take care of you.

I never had a problem getting an alcoholic drink and a coke or an alcoholic drink and a bottle of water. However, I was told I had to wait when I got an alcoholic drink at a bar and then went to the coffee bar for an energy drink or vitamin water.

I'm wondering if some of the bartenders just aren't ringing it in, when they're pouring out of a can or grabbing a bottle of the Carnival-branded bottled still water??