Cheers question - snarky replies need not apply Thanks!

poblead

I agree with the ones that say it depends on the bartender. On the Magic in March I was able to get my Bloody Mary and my son's Coke all on my S&S (using my Cheers) from some bartenders but others would want his card to charge it. It just depends. If it's a bartender you go to a lot and tip well, they will take care of you. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking for what? I'm not looking for anything. As I said it never happened, every bartender said no problem. How about a scotch or bourbon with a water back? As far as my boss comments, as Lee Iacoa said "there are leaders, followers and people who just get out of the way"

As a customer on a ship, you have no authority to lead anyone, anywhere. :rolleyes:

I agree with the ones that say it depends on the bartender. On the Magic in March I was able to get my Bloody Mary and my son's Coke all on my S&S (using my Cheers) from some bartenders but others would want his card to charge it. It just depends. If it's a bartender you go to a lot and tip well, they will take care of you. [emoji4]

You don't think 15% to pop a beer is a good enough tip to get proper service?

here's are 2 other questions - can you go up with 2 S&S cards and order 2 alcoholic drinks or do you have to be present with your card...

and if my husband and I both go to the bar will we each be able to order a drink using our respective cards?

kind of odd questions.. but I am still struggling with whether or not it's worth it to get cheers..

here's are 2 other questions - can you go up with 2 S&S cards and order 2 alcoholic drinks or do you have to be present with your card...

and if my husband and I both go to the bar will we each be able to order a drink using our respective cards?

kind of odd questions.. but I am still struggling with whether or not it's worth it to get cheers..

We had cheers but had no problem getting drinks for each other.

Depends on the bartender. I only ran into the problem one time where both had to be present. Every other time they let my friend go up and order with both our cards, me not being there.

& yes of course

can you go up with 2 S&S cards and order 2 alcoholic drinks or do you have to be present with your card...

yes. I have heard many people do this with no issues and I haven't heard that anyone had an issue with this

if you both go to the bar and each has cheers , why would you both not be able to get a drink. If I understand the question, if you both have cheers and both go to the bar you can both get a drink

Again the answer depends on the bartender. Many bartenders will not let you use someone else's card, drink program or not, to order any drink till they get to "know" you as a couple, family, or group. Once they are able to remember (tipping extra helps with memory issues) your relationship to the person(s) on the other card(s) then most will allow you to grab 2 or more drinks at a time.

Simply put if you are beer drinkers it's hard to justify Cheers since buckets of 4 mix and match beers start at $17.80 for 12 oz and go up to $23 for 16 oz bottles. So that means if you order at the best a la carte price you would need 9 -11 beers daily to equal the purchase price of Cheers. On the other hand martini drinkers would only need 4-6 daily to get their monies worth, since martinis run between $8.95 & $11.95. Fruity and frozen cocktail drinkers fall to the middle needing 5-7 drinks daily, since these are priced at $7.25-$9.95. Wine by the glass and well drinks vary too greatly depending if no label is requested, ex rum and coke, glass of chardonnay (generally with Cheers they grab the rail or house label which is usually under $7) or if premium liquor vintage is specified. Of course the total alcohol count can be reduced if also ordering soft drinks and specialty non-alcoholic beverages here and there, a glass of soda or juice runs $1.50 (cans are $1.95 but not available on the drink programs), slushies & 0 proof frozen drinks go for $6.25, Monster & vitamin water are $4.95 each, and coffees start at $3.95. So do the math

You can only use your card. My wife couldn't even use my card to get me a soda on the Vista (I had the soda package).

Just off Sunshine. I could not use my husband's card to get him a drink. I tried at coffee bar and several other bars. They told me he needs to be with me.

That's a bummer. This was so convenient when my SO was getting drinks for us. I'd just give him my card. Bummer.

Can someone answer this simple question with out a nasty reply please?

If I order an alcoholic drink can I also order a virgin drink or a soda at the same time using my cheers program or do I have to wait the 5 minutes between orders??

Thanks for nice pleasant replies. They are appreciated!

Since the beverage packages are not "shareable" the answer is no, you can't get a drink, and order a drink for your under 21 friend at the same time without paying for it. There is no other reason why you would order two drinks at the same time. That is the reason for the time limits between drinks to help discourage sharing.

Since the beverage packages are not "shareable" the answer is no, you can't get a drink, and order a drink for your under 21 friend at the same time without paying for it. There is no other reason why you would order two drinks at the same time. That is the reason for the time limits between drinks to help discourage sharing.

There are plenty of reasons why a person would that has nothing to do with sharing. Maybe they are heading back to their room and want to grab a beer to drink now and a water for later. Or maybe they are out by the pool and it's hot so they get a drink to enjoy and a water for after.

Several people have said it already but, its a YMMV situation. On the Vista, the Red Frog and Blue Iguanna both did it every time. Both drinks were on my receipt for 0.00. So it can be one.

For those confused about why you would want to, drink service is not what it used to be. unless you are sitting near a bar you need to get all you can in one trip. Especially when going to the buffet. No drink servers.

I ordered drinks for my wife for 21 days on the Dream and 14 on the Magic, never a question. Maybe the sunshine bartenders are on a power trip. There is no reason not to allow this. Always on the Serenity deck, maybe because we tipped cash. Every night I brought 2 martinis up to my cabin as my wife got ready for dinner. 2 drinks-2 different sign and sail cards, no problem

That is just silly. Of course there are other reasons. Especially when one drink is a bottle of water. Room service lunch on the balcony. I'd go to the closest bar, get my alcohol drink and a Coke and bring both back to my cabin. Because I wanted both!

When we were on SunShine, in the MDR, the drink server let us order wine & dt. Coke at the same time. We asked her about the 5 min thing, and she said it's fine. She would come back for more wine / soda for us -- and then more wine & Baileys for our Coffee. She didn't need to see our cards anymore - she had the ##'s down pat. We took care of her.

For other bars, we primarily drank at Lobby Bar, Alchemy, and Piano Bar. They didn't have a problem if I ordered both our cocktails with both cards, if she was running late, or vice versa. In the Show Lounge, I just had to point to her back at her seat, for the bartender to get both us drinks the first night, then we were set. We were on Cheers and got to know our favourite bartenders and took care of them.

I ordered drinks for my wife for 21 days on the Dream and 14 on the Magic, never a question. Maybe the sunshine bartenders are on a power trip. There is no reason not to allow this. Always on the Serenity deck, maybe because we tipped cash. Every night I brought 2 martinis up to my cabin as my wife got ready for dinner. 2 drinks-2 different sign and sail cards, no problem

Following the rules as written has never been a power trip and the reason for following the rules as written is an effort to ensure one keeps their job.

Can you order a "double" drink or would that count as two drinks within five minutes (double scotch on the rocks, double bourbon, double vodka soda, etc.)?

Nope. Order the first one -- don't drink it. Wait the 5 minutes. Get a second in a shot glass. Add to first drink. The secret is in the timing.

If I order an alcoholic drink can I also order a virgin drink or a soda at the same time using my cheers program or do I have to wait the 5 minutes between orders??

You have to wait if you want that VIRGIN.:rolleyes:

• 6 months later...
Can someone answer this simple question ...If I order an alcoholic drink can I also order a virgin drink or a soda at the same time using my cheers program or do I have to wait the 5 minutes between orders??

Since you have completed your cruise...can you update us with the information you acquired.

Just off the Glory. Had Cheers. 50% chance of being able to get a soda with my drink, 75% chance of being able to get a bottle of water. Most likely alomst 0% chance of getting a virgin drink but I guess it's possible but not probable.