Let’s Make Anthem Great Again – Live Thread May 20, 2017

Jelena at the Schooner bar was our favorite bartender in June of last year! I wonder if she is still there!

Have a great sailing!

She is still there. We returned for the Anthem 3 weeks ago, we loved her!!!!!! We booked again for next year, our third on Anthem, well, she won't be on her then, on vacation, she is in her friends wedding, like my husband said to her, sh** happens, maybe they will break up and you will be here!!!

Marg

This has nothing to do with anything, however, I just made my husband and I a bulliet Manhattan that we had on The Anthem and I got the recipe, well, I must say tasted just like theirs!!!! So, if you are on her try one!!!

Marg

Hey CLR, you and Chasep17 didn't happen to be in a jacuzzi during sail away were you? There's another live thread on here of this sailing that has a picture of the pool area and in the bottom left there are two guys in a jacuzzi that look a lot like you two.

Hey CLR, you and Chasep17 didn't happen to be in a jacuzzi during sail away were you? There's another live thread on here of this sailing that has a picture of the pool area and in the bottom left there are two guys in a jacuzzi that look a lot like you two.

We were not, although alternative parents were probably more of the confusion today! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

quote=Oceansaway17;53111259]Hi everyone. I have done the Anthem twice now and love the ship. She is underrated in my opinion.

I was on her in April 2016 as well as Sept 2016 to New England. I also was on the much ballyhooed Harmony on the first cruise full 7 days out of Ft Lauderdale. Let me say that a lot went wrong with all the technical systems. About 50% of the passengers had all their reservations wiped out. The Dining room was a mess the first 2 days and folks ended up in the Windjammer. I think the initial Storm the Anthem was in as well as complainers of the Dynamic Dining and then the cancelling of Northstar going over the side has stuck in folks memory. But a lot of folks on the Harmony were disappointed. I would take Anthem over Oasis any time. The Seaplex is wonderful to view the ocean and listen to music. I wish the next Quantum would come to NJ with different shows than Anthem. Also most folks like the Allure better than Harmony.

I have been following along with post about the Anthem of the Seas. Our first one back in 2015 when it first got here, 2nd one after TA, was a total dissapointment. After being spoiled by the Explorer of the Seas we thought we would check out AOTS. We thought that at the time it was just adjusting. Very rude passengers and a crew that had a real give a you know what attitude. Now on to our second AOTS . We happened to be the first cruise where dynamic dining was no longer being offered. We are traditional fans anyway, but the transition was smooth and the staff seemed to be relieved. The Anthem worked out numerous bugs. Sure we miss the Explorer of the Seas big time but that is not stopping us at all from taking our 3rd and 4th, first b2b back on the Anthem on Dec. 2nd. We like the Anthem very much and can't wait. I have a question though. Why doesn't North Star swing out to the sides of the ship anymore? Will keep following. Great cruising and seas to everyone. Watson50:):cool:

BECAUSE the cruise line has decided it takes too much time. They do not even do it on the first and last days. NOW MY ARGUEMENT IS that they shoul at least to ONE side for a couple of minutes. Towards the end of the cruise a lot of folks stop getting in line. This is a sore subject and the cruise line wont change

My FAVORITE BARTENDER IN THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN WORLD is still on the Anthem!!!!!! Suzy Q making me my favorite drink!!!!

5fb1af07373d38066209fc2e9f4076fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Following. Enjoying your review. And it's good to see Suzy Q being mentioned in the thread. Was fortunate to meet her on our inaugural cruise w/ RCL back in 2013 on the Mariner out off Galveston. I have to agree w/ you. While pretty good, so far, there hasn't been any bartender that measures up. Enjoy your cruise!