Let’s Make Anthem Great Again – Live Thread May 20, 2017

Following

.... you all around the ship.

Rick, just a reminder, today is the 2 month anniversary of your Sandbar Island baptism. I wonder if there will be any Leopard 9 quality experiences this trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Following

.... you all around the ship.

Rick, just a reminder, today is the 2 month anniversary of your Sandbar Island baptism. I wonder if there will be any Leopard 9 quality experiences this trip.

For the sake of your kids and their perception of me, that would be a uhhhh...no!!!

Goals will also include ensuring that my shirt is on the correct way at all times.

For the sake of your kids and their perception of me, that would be a uhhhh...no!!!

Goals will also include ensuring that my shirt is on the correct way at all times.

Or the GoPro really is turned off.

Loved Quantum and looking forward to our Anthem 9 day in June. Your live is a wonderful way for me to not work at work....whooohooo

She is a new and different way to cruise, and not for everyone, this isn't your grandfathers cruise.

Oh and when it comes to service. Sometimes you get what your give. "Please" and "thank you" goes a very long way with the hard working crew members. See someone being mean go out of your way to be nice to that crew member, they work very hard for us to relax and have a great time.

Can't wait to hear about a 5 night Anthem experience! We are going August 12 and only wish it was for longer than 5 nights. It's our first on Anthem and we become Diamond Plus while on board!

Thanks for taking the time to include us in your trip. I will be following closely....

Best,

Stacy

I actually don't remember any bad guests on Explorer out of NJ, but in my personal experience, Anthem was a different story, and it did rub off on the crew.

I met NO guests that had the concept of saying "please", and one particular gentlemen asked for something at CafeTwo70 and then gave them a dirty look before walking away. I also guests being rude to the stateroom attendant and some folks in line at SeaPlex started arguing with us over something fairly petty which caused some unwanted confrontation.

I haven't experienced the same from my one time out of Florida, but will be watching more carefully on HM this summer. Certainly the crowd out of Barcelona were much more pleasant!

Funny I was raised in New York but my extended family all live in Kendall. I've spent good chunks of time in both locales. Can't say I can paint a whole group as being impolite or polite based on the region they are from. As a suburb kid I find that as an adult in NYC New Yorkers are often willing to help tourists find their way around even if they are multi-tasking while doing it. Sometimes when you are able to find no good in oh...4000 people (aboard the Anthem) it might be more of a question of looking inward at one's own character.

Funny I was raised in New York but my extended family all live in Kendall. I've spent good chunks of time in both locales. Can't say I can paint a whole group as being impolite or polite based on the region they are from. As a suburb kid I find that as an adult in NYC New Yorkers are often willing to help tourists find their way around even if they are multi-tasking while doing it. Sometimes when you are able to find no good in oh...4000 people (aboard the Anthem) it might be more of a question of looking inward at one's own character.

I have said I experienced nicer guests on other ships, and for the record, I did not interact with all 4000 guests on Anthem or every single person in NYC.

Please also bear in mind that as a European, there may be some cultural differences.

Anyways - I thought everyone wanted to move on from this topic.

Sapphire NYC doesn't open until 6 PM on Fridays. Rick's Cabaret & Flashdancers should both be open for lunch.

Hmmm, we will see if B&B Steakhouse will make a cameo in the next video. It's just like the stuff they do at the aqua theatre right?

Hey, Rick -

Love your reviews (and scopes) and really looking forward to this one as well - thanks so much for all your time and effort for those of us waiting our turn!

Doing Anthem our 1st time in a couple months (9 night New England) and returning on a Saturday morning. Planning on flying out of EWR and would appreciate your thoughts on determining how early a flight we could consider if we disembark with one of the 1st groups? Any idea if a Saturday return is any different than a weekday return in terms of traffic, availability of cabs, etc.?

Thanks in advance if any thoughts or recommendations -

John

Hey, Rick -

Love your reviews (and scopes) and really looking forward to this one as well - thanks so much for all your time and effort for those of us waiting our turn!

Doing Anthem our 1st time in a couple months (9 night New England) and returning on a Saturday morning. Planning on flying out of EWR and would appreciate your thoughts on determining how early a flight we could consider if we disembark with one of the 1st groups? Any idea if a Saturday return is any different than a weekday return in terms of traffic, availability of cabs, etc.?

Thanks in advance if any thoughts or recommendations -

John

I would say 11 AM would be the absolute most risk I would be willing to take and that's assuming you are planning to walk off with your luggage. The airport is very close to Cape Liberty and on a Saturday morning traffic will be very minimal.

Excited to follow along. Will be doing this itinerary in 30 days, marking my third cruise and third on Anthem. Crew has always been great. Dru is a great CD and Kevin the activity manager, who I believe is still on board, was great as well.

I can relate to your mention in the preamble about bonding with a certain crew member. Spent a lot of time at the Schooner bar and can't wait to see our friend Giovanni again!

I would say 11 AM would be the absolute most risk I would be willing to take and that's assuming you are planning to walk off with your luggage. The airport is very close to Cape Liberty and on a Saturday morning traffic will be very minimal.

Awesome - thanks, Rick! A fun couple of weeks in progress for you!!! Enjoy -

John

Come on Rick, vacation has started. Where are the photos? Did you show Mr. P & White Shorts the great snorkeling spots in the East River yet?

Now you got me thinking of a Seinfeld episode.:)

Hi everyone. I have done the Anthem twice now and love the ship. She is underrated in my opinion.

I was on her in April 2016 as well as Sept 2016 to New England. I also was on the much ballyhooed Harmony on the first cruise full 7 days out of Ft Lauderdale. Let me say that a lot went wrong with all the technical systems. About 50% of the passengers had all their reservations wiped out. The Dining room was a mess the first 2 days and folks ended up in the Windjammer. I think the initial Storm the Anthem was in as well as complainers of the Dynamic Dining and then the cancelling of Northstar going over the side has stuck in folks memory. But a lot of folks on the Harmony were disappointed. I would take Anthem over Oasis any time. The Seaplex is wonderful to view the ocean and listen to music. I wish the next Quantum would come to NJ with different shows than Anthem. Also most folks like the Allure better than Harmony.

quote=Oceansaway17;53111259]Hi everyone. I have done the Anthem twice now and love the ship. She is underrated in my opinion.

I was on her in April 2016 as well as Sept 2016 to New England. I also was on the much ballyhooed Harmony on the first cruise full 7 days out of Ft Lauderdale. Let me say that a lot went wrong with all the technical systems. About 50% of the passengers had all their reservations wiped out. The Dining room was a mess the first 2 days and folks ended up in the Windjammer. I think the initial Storm the Anthem was in as well as complainers of the Dynamic Dining and then the cancelling of Northstar going over the side has stuck in folks memory. But a lot of folks on the Harmony were disappointed. I would take Anthem over Oasis any time. The Seaplex is wonderful to view the ocean and listen to music. I wish the next Quantum would come to NJ with different shows than Anthem. Also most folks like the Allure better than Harmony.

I have been following along with post about the Anthem of the Seas. Our first one back in 2015 when it first got here, 2nd one after TA, was a total dissapointment. After being spoiled by the Explorer of the Seas we thought we would check out AOTS. We thought that at the time it was just adjusting. Very rude passengers and a crew that had a real give a you know what attitude. Now on to our second AOTS . We happened to be the first cruise where dynamic dining was no longer being offered. We are traditional fans anyway, but the transition was smooth and the staff seemed to be relieved. The Anthem worked out numerous bugs. Sure we miss the Explorer of the Seas big time but that is not stopping us at all from taking our 3rd and 4th, first b2b back on the Anthem on Dec. 2nd. We like the Anthem very much and can't wait. I have a question though. Why doesn't North Star swing out to the sides of the ship anymore? Will keep following. Great cruising and seas to everyone. Watson50:):cool:

We were on Quantum Bayonne to Barcelona. Loved it! (I know it has changed since being in Asia.) Been on Anthem twice - Loved both times -12 nights and 5 nights to Bermuda. (on the 5 nighter they were in process of changing to the whiners menu..) Going on Anthem again for NY's eve at end of this year. Rick -- there is no horse....BUT THERE IS A GIRAFFE!!!

Why doesn't North Star swing out to the sides of the ship anymore? Will keep following. Great cruising and seas to everyone. Watson50:):cool:

Since time slots are limited, swinging out to the side adds an additional 10 mins., and even now, just going up and down, there isn't enough time to accommodate all the passengers that want to go on the North Star.

Rick -- there is no horse....BUT THERE IS A GIRAFFE!!!

I think we need all of the Anthem lovers and haters to focus their posts on tips and tricks like this one!!

Rick - I have never been on Anthem! I need to see the Giraffe!!!