Best thing you ever ate on Anthem?

Pork belly at Wonderland. Plus all the chilled soups.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

I've been on Anthem 9 times, and only found one chilled soup at lunch one day. Where did you have all these chilled soups. There were none at dinner or in the WJ.

I've been on Anthem 9 times, and only found one chilled soup at lunch one day. Where did you have all these chilled soups. There were none at dinner or in the WJ.

Hi Gayle,

We had lunch three days at the Grande this past February. I had chilled strawberry soup on two days and peach the other. They were both amazing.

Plus the Grande is such a pleasure, quiet, great service and elegant as always atmosphere.

Jonathan

We enjoy a lot of dishes at Wonderland, liquid lobster, crispy crab cones, tuna tartar served in a lime, crispy shrimp, Branzino and the Terroir Beef, just to name a few. Have not tried any of the desserts at Wonderland, which I've seen and heard, they all are delicious especially "The World".

I forgot to add another one of my favorites is, Pasta made to order in the WJ. Have them add to the pan, some garlic, a little white sauce with a little red sauce, some peas, al dente penne and some red chili flakes, delicious :D

I guess we will have to try Wonderland always wanted to go,,, but I have to say anything in Costal Kitchen and loved every dish there. And even the wind jammer has some really good stuff to pick on at times.

We enjoy a lot of dishes at Wonderland, liquid lobster, crispy crab cones, tuna tartar served in a lime, crispy shrimp, Branzino and the Terroir Beef, just to name a few. Have not tried any of the desserts at Wonderland, which I've seen and heard, they all are delicious especially "The World".

OMG! The World in Wonderland is out of this "world" delish! I'm not a chocoholic; but it is really oh so good!!️ The key lime pops are delicious too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Amalfi Lemon Meringue Cheesecake in Jamie's Italian was outrageously delicious with an Affogato Martini! (vanilla ice cream, Kahlua, expresso, chocolate liquer & grappa) DELICIOUS!

And of course as others have mentioned the Kummelweck sandwich!

Yes, that cheesecake is scrumptious!!!! Can't wait to get some in two months.:hearteyes:

Quick question, are all of these restaurants considered specialty restaurants, and thus have an extra charge? How much might that be? Some of these ideas sound absolutely delish and I'm booked for January 2019. I like to start planning early :)

Quick question, are all of these restaurants considered specialty restaurants, and thus have an extra charge? How much might that be? Some of these ideas sound absolutely delish and I'm booked for January 2019. I like to start planning early :)

Wonderland, Jamie's, and Chops are specialty restaurants. Michaels pub is al carte, Cafe270 is complimentary. Keep an eye on your cruise planner for discounts when you visit more than one restaurant. There is a buy one, get one free deal, and discounts on 3, 4, or 5 night restaurants. For example, we will be purchasing 3 nights (we are going to all three I mentioned) for $85 a person (that is for all three nights).

Liked Mongolian grill in Windjammer for dinner.

Cupcakes in Windjammer.

Royal chocolate layer cake.

Coconut ranger cookies.

Lemon chicken in Solarium Bistro.

Coastal Kitchen food was quite good--had dinner there just one night.

I am very selective about desserts and sometimes don't make it to dessert. I have to say though, having cruised various lines, Royal Caribbean's desserts are high on the deliciousness index!

Can you describe the chilled soup a bit? What makes it a soup and not just cold fruit juice? Or muddled fruit? Or a melted Dacquiri?

Hi Gayle,

We had lunch three days at the Grande this past February. I had chilled strawberry soup on two days and peach the other. They were both amazing.

Plus the Grande is such a pleasure, quiet, great service and elegant as always atmosphere.

Jonathan

It's not unlike a fruit smoothie but, without crushed ice. I find the chilled fruit soups infinitely more flavorful than smoothies.

At just a spoonful at a time, the chilled fruit soup is something to be savored. But, it's gone all too quickly.

Order yourself a chilled fruit soup on your next cruise, you'll be hooked too. ;)

Jonathan