Sip n' Sail coming back June 20th

DrivesLikeMario

Not that anyone here will be interested but no Sip and Sail in the U.K. Whilst we love Princess, their deals over here are dire compared to their competitors. We're sailing Royal Caribbean in September out of Southampton and got a good fare including premium drinks, gratuities, internet and some OBC. Princess's current offer here is up to $250 OBC per cabin which is obviously based on booking a suite.

I don't know about the 3 for Free as I've never booked under that promo but the Sip and Sail has definitely been restricted to balcony and above.

Information abou 3 for free promotion

http://www.princess.com/html/global/promotions/PC_PC_R8A/offer_details.html

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We booked yesterday, and yes there is a drink limit in the terms and conditions for the AIBP.

- daily limit of 12 beverages

- one ordered at a time

- 15 minutes between drink orders

No limits listed under soda package terms and conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see this the ad above posted fromPrincess only included an Alaska cruise out of Vancouver. I am going on the Ruby June 2018 out of Seattle. I hope that is included

There is a 3-day sale on now including both beverages and gratuities that we booked for our May 2018 Emerald out of Seattle.

I am wondering about that as well. If there is a limit then it really needs to be spelled out. Specifics are important.

Edit: Those brochures definitely don't show the cruise I am interested in moving to a Sip and Sail. Are those examples or are they the only cruises included?

Was told on last cruise in March by bar manager that the limits were being considered due to the large number of "sharing" violators.

Was told on last cruise in March by bar manager that the limits were being considered due to the large number of "sharing" violators.

If they're only limiting the alcohol, no worries:). Twelve? Waaay plenty. I shall like the package for the not having to think about fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffees, etc.:D

If they're only limiting the alcohol, no worries:). Twelve? Waaay plenty. I shall like the package for the not having to think about fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffees, etc.:D

It doesn't specify alcohol, only "twelve beverages", which I agree is a lot.

Twelve sounds like a lot, but on a sea day it would be easy to go over twelve, especially if bottled water and specialty coffees are included in the twelve. I doubt I would drink twelve martini's in one day, but I could easily have three or four coffees, two bottles of water, a glass of juice, afternoon pool drinks, pre-dinner drink, wine with dinner, after dinner drink. That leaves no drinks at the disco? If that's going to be the new policy, I will certainly think twice about buying a package. Or maybe I will need to have a coffee card and a package? I find it difficult to believe that a $3.00 coffee would count the same as a $10.00 martini. What would happen if you went over twelve? Would you have to pay? Are you charged for the cheapest drink that day or the most expensive? I'm not on vacation to have to worry about going over my "drink limit".:mad:

Twelve sounds like a lot, but on a sea day it would be easy to go over twelve, especially if bottled water and specialty coffees are included in the twelve. I doubt I would drink twelve martini's in one day, but I could easily have three or four coffees, two bottles of water, a glass of juice, afternoon pool drinks, pre-dinner drink, wine with dinner, after dinner drink. That leaves no drinks at the disco? If that's going to be the new policy, I will certainly think twice about buying a package. Or maybe I will need to have a coffee card and a package? I find it difficult to believe that a $3.00 coffee would count the same as a $10.00 martini. What would happen if you went over twelve? Would you have to pay? Are you charged for the cheapest drink that day or the most expensive? I'm not on vacation to have to worry about going over my "drink limit".:mad:

I had all these same questions. I'm hoping CCers can figure it out and share tips before my May 2018 cruise; otherwise I will report back!

I had all these same questions. I'm hoping CCers can figure it out and share tips before my May 2018 cruise; otherwise I will report back!

Lol, I hope someone can figure it out or there might be some riots on the ship.:eek:

I want to add that we were on the Grand last month and I far as I know, there was no limit on the drinks. DH had the package and he wasn't charged for any additional amounts, except for the bottles of wine that he bought for our table with the 40% discount.

If you look at the Princess flyer on Sip & Sail (link posted earlier), it says in fine print "The All-Inclusive Beverage price is $57.45 (USD) per guest, per day. A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply." That note is clear that the daily limit applies to alcoholic beverages only.

However, when I look at purchasing an All-Inclusive Beverage Package for a future cruise in the Cruise Personalizer, the description of the package does not include any limitations.

Based on the copyright this is the 2015 conditions for the 3 for Free offer. In 2016 it was better because instead of the specialty dinner & bottle of wine we received $300 OBC for a 15 day cruise (as I recall the amount per cabin varied based on length of cruise).

I see this the ad above posted fromPrincess only included an Alaska cruise out of Vancouver. I am going on the Ruby June 2018 out of Seattle. I hope that is included

The flyer only shows a couple of examples but the other information posted states that the offer is valid on "all destinations, summer 2018 - spring 2019".

If you look at the Princess flyer on Sip & Sail (link posted earlier), it says in fine print "The All-Inclusive Beverage price is $57.45 (USD) per guest, per day. A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply." That note is clear that the daily limit applies to alcoholic beverages only.

However, when I look at purchasing an All-Inclusive Beverage Package for a future cruise in the Cruise Personalizer, the description of the package does not include any limitations.

I noticed that too. I know if you have too much to drink, Customer Relations will turn your card off and the bartenders won't serve you. I was wondering if that was what the "daily limit" was referring too.

Oh well, we all know there's a knowledge gap between what Princess tells you over the phone and what really happens on the ship.:rolleyes:

No, this is for an upcoming sale starting on June 20th. The free gratuities I mentioned were for the 49 day Royal Princess cruise next spring.

BTW - Just got confirmation that the 49 day Royal repo WILL BE part of the Sip + Sail Promo for those of you on it. :)

No, this is for an upcoming sale starting on June 20th. The free gratuities I mentioned were for the 49 day Royal Princess cruise next spring.

BTW - Just got confirmation that the 49 day Royal repo WILL BE part of the Sip + Sail Promo for those of you on it. :)

Wowie Zowie! While I know I will most likely lose the pre-paid gratuities and the $500 pp OBC the difference in cost is still over $3k. We were unsure if we would keep our booking for the 49 day cruise but this pretty much seals the deal. Thanks for the info!

I love the sip and sail package but after two weeks, I really can't keep up. I usually just drink on weekends at home and maybe a glass of wine couple nights so I usually cut back on the drinks after week one and by week four, I only have two at the most. When it is free, great but I know I would never make it worth the cost if I were paying for it. I am better off just paying for what I drink.

We would never pay for it but as a perk we are really looking forward to it on our next two cruises. They were both booked under the last Sip and Sail. I was totally blown away that the cost for the 28 day cruise in October - with the Sip and Sail - was exactly the same as the cost for the same cruise last year without the Sip and Sail. We jumped on that one. With 18 sea days it will be great to have. We have a 14 day next March but it's a Caribbean with not a ton of sea days so the package isn't as important.

I think it will be very good to have for the 49 day Royal repositioning cruise in 2019. :cool:

If you have the fare chart would you know if the S+S offer will increase the cruise fare?

Sorry Astro Flyer, I don't have the fare chart yet. If I get it, I'll let you know.

Wowie Zowie! While I know I will most likely lose the pre-paid gratuities and the $500 pp OBC the difference in cost is still over $3k. We were unsure if we would keep our booking for the 49 day cruise but this pretty much seals the deal. Thanks for the info!

You're welcome, Thrak. It'll be interesting to see how the pricing falls on June 20th! ;)