Sip n' Sail coming back June 20th

DrivesLikeMario

The devil will be in the details as far as the new Sip & Sail policy regarding limits. If it includes non alcoholic items in the limit then thats a definite non starter for us. Are they going to make it retractive to sailings prior to this promotional period?

Also in the past we have seen a lot of shenanigans with the AIBP. We have seen bartenders put drinks for other passengers and cruise staff on passengers AIBP with out their knowledge. They rationalize it as no harm no foul. It will be important to keep track of the number of drinks under a new program.

Edited by Todd320

Excuse me if this is commonly known. I've never had a beverage package on any other line than NCL. When they offer it as a free perk, they still charge you the gratuity on the retail price of the package. How does Princess handle this? Is free 100% free? TIA.

Excuse me if this is commonly known. I've never had a beverage package on any other line than NCL. When they offer it as a free perk, they still charge you the gratuity on the retail price of the package. How does Princess handle this? Is free 100% free? TIA.

The terms & conditions I previously posted (#53) for the free AIBP states that the 15% gratuity is included.

Free All-Inclusive Beverage Package

"The All-Inclusive Beverage Package price is $57.45 (US Dollars) per guest, per day and includes beer, cocktails, spirits and glasses of wine up to $10, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, coffee, tea, and espresso specialty drinks, with a pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items".

Was told on last cruise in March by bar manager that the limits were being considered due to the large number of "sharing" violators.

It's always the @$$h0|35 that screw it up for everybody else. :mad:

Was told on last cruise in March by bar manager that the limits were being considered due to the large number of "sharing" violators.

I can't say that I'm surprised. However if the drink package is part of a promo and both occupants of the room have it there isn't a sharing issue. I would never pay for the drink package on Princess with those rules. Celebrity just offers it as one of the choices when booking an ocean view and above. Their prices seem to be in line with Princess on Caribbean itineraries. I booked an ABC island itinerary on Princess under the $1 deposit promo. Celebrity actually has a 10 day ABC island plus a stop at Grand Cayman and Key west. A balcony is about $200 more on Celebrity than it is on Princess with the Red White and Blue sale. If the price on my obstructed ocean view on CB doesn't drop further I'm going to cancel and book the Celebrity cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They're well aware of people "sharing" and are still making plenty from the drink packages. They really have no way of knowing how many people do share unless they are so blatantly open to make it obvious.

I suspect there are more people drinking much more than they would normally which dramatically increases their overall consumption.

Does anyone know if the upcoming AIBP sale is for all cruises or just for those in mid 2018-2019 like that big TA sale was?

The details in post #53 are currently the only information available which states "With all destinations, summer 2018 - spring 2019 on sale"

Thanks, Astro. I saw that, but I didn't know if that mean specifically that the promo would only apply to those sailings or if those are the ones that will be "on sale" but the promo would apply to all...

I was able to make a booking with a TA over the weekend for a 9/2018 10 day Alaska cruise and got:

All inclusive bev pkg

Free pre-paid gratuities

Dining voucher

$50 OBC

Coupon book valued at $1,000

I have another booking made through the $1 deposit sale that I'm going to sit on for a bit and see what gets us the better price and promos.

We had the sip & sail on our last cruise and loved it! I don't drink heavily, but it was nice to order without wondering what kind of bill I was accumulating.

Just FYI and I hope I'm not duplicating any other post -

Starting June 20th through August 31st, the Sip n' Sail Promo will be running for cruises from "Summer 2018 through Spring, 2019". I don't have anything more specific than that at this moment. If you book a mini-suite or full suite, you also get one free specialty dinner. :)

What is the sip n sail?

I was able to make a booking with a TA over the weekend for a 9/2018 10 day Alaska cruise and got:

All inclusive bev pkg

Free pre-paid gratuities

Dining voucher

$50 OBC

Coupon book valued at $1,000 <--- actual value is that of a door stopper

I have another booking made through the $1 deposit sale that I'm going to sit on for a bit and see what gets us the better price and promos.

We had the sip & sail on our last cruise and loved it! I don't drink heavily, but it was nice to order without wondering what kind of bill I was accumulating.

see above in red