Sip n' Sail coming back June 20th

DrivesLikeMario

Based on the conditions statement, not every balcony & higher cabin may be eligible for this promotion.

In the past, they limited the number under Sip & Sail on each cruise. So if the allocated number on your cruise sold out before the end of the promotion, that cruise was no longer eligible.

In the past, they limited the number under Sip & Sail on each cruise. So if the allocated number on your cruise sold out before the end of the promotion, that cruise was no longer eligible.

Thanks...that's my understanding about how it works & posts on this forum have stated that sometimes offers are unavailable despite not being expired.

The thing that really, really, really annoys me is as non-Americans we are not offered any of these deals like Sip and Sail or on-board credit. It's really unfair and would be great if we were included. I am lucky though, I live in beautiful Australia and am fortunate enough to travel - but it's not an equal playing field out there at all.

A cruise with a stop at Princess Cays I believe is the only time they need the sticker because they don't have readers. At least it was that way last April.

We really enjoy the AIBP and even better if the Sip n Sail works out as the best option.

I don't know how that would be any different than purchasing a drink in the MDR. On my last cruise (with AIBP), I had to sign a ticket with my folio number every time I purchased a drink in the MDR (but not in bars). None of the drinks showed up on my folio. They could do it the same way at Princess Cays - with signed paper tickets. The bartender serving you doesn't need to know you have the AIBP. When the charge tickets are processed back on the ship, it should be automatic.

The thing that really, really, really annoys me is as non-Americans we are not offered any of these deals like Sip and Sail or on-board credit. It's really unfair and would be great if we were included. I am lucky though, I live in beautiful Australia and am fortunate enough to travel - but it's not an equal playing field out there at all.

I agree it seems very unfair. And you are indeed blessed to live in a beautiful country like Australia. One I hope to visit soon. I will however not use a very well known Australian live aboard group that charges Americans a surcharge. Last report I read was $800 more than Australians.

I said the same a few posts back. Having cruised Celebrity as well as Princess and finding them pretty similar, if I found a cruise that was close in price between the two I would take Celebrity as you can almost always get the beverage package as a perk in Australia. There must be a reason that we don't get that offer here (and not because of the quantity we drink!)

It seems that your comment about needing "one to get by" identifies you as a sharing advocate? :(

Sharing is done more often then you might expect and you'll definitely need at least one card with a sticker or one Medallion with an AIBP included to do so. There's no easy way to see if a person really shares as drink with someone else.

Not that I would.

I just booked a cruise for March 2019. Will I be able to revise my reservation if Sip N Sail is offered?

Based on my experiences, yes if your cruise & cabin category (balcony & higher but limited availability) is available with this offer which is promoted as for "all destinations, summer 2018 - spring 2019 on sale".

Although if there are any benefits from any previous promotion included with your current reservation then you'd lose them to rebook with S+S. I haven't located any fare charts but on the 20th we'll know what's available.

I may wait until the S+S ends to hopefully have a similar 3 for Free offer that's been previously available by September in past years which was better for me.

I may wait until the S+S ends to hopefully have a similar 3 for Free offer that's been previously available by September in past years which was better for me.

But, Frank, wouldn't it be better to go ahead and refare under the Sip and Sail just in case the 3 for Free isn't what you hope? If it IS what you want, then you can refare again. :)

Getting the best deal is fun, isn't it. :D

But, Frank, wouldn't it be better to go ahead and refare under the Sip and Sail just in case the 3 for Free isn't what you hope? If it IS what you want, then you can refare again. :)

Getting the best deal is fun, isn't it. :D

That's an excellent point & something we'll consider after seeing the cruise fares. S+S offer has a $100 refundable deposit & would have to consider any effect on our current bookings...one with a FCD & one with the $1 deposit special.

Our cruises during the offer's valid time are 7-day cruises which as I recall have an AIBP value of $402 or only $100 of OBC.

Booking well in advance I keep myself occupied by seeking a better overall cruise cost which is fun to do. ;)

Hi all. Bummed that our Panama 15 day sailing 3/25/18 won't likely be part of S&S... what is the next best deal, the 3 for free? any other promo we can hope for before year end?

In at least the past 3 years the 3 for Free offer has followed the S+S promotion. 3 for Free has included all cabin categories and not just balcony & higher types of cabins with S+S.

The 3 for Free benefits have varied throughout the years & I'm hoping to have the same benefits from the 2016 version...up to $300 per cabin of OBC, free gratuities and a free cabin category upgrade.

The upgrade was to the highest available cabin category when paying for the least expensive category. It's only a category upgrade & not to a different type of cabin such as from interior to an oceanview cabin.

We booked yesterday, and yes there is a drink limit in the terms and conditions for the AIBP.

- daily limit of 12 beverages

- one ordered at a time

- 15 minutes between drink orders

No limits listed under soda package terms and conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you noticed though that if you BUY the package, there is no limit on the number of drinks? I checked as we bought the package for our Nov cruise and it says nothing about a limit. So guessing this is something they added to the Sip n Sail only

Hi all. Bummed that our Panama 15 day sailing 3/25/18 won't likely be part of S&S... what is the next best deal, the 3 for free? any other promo we can hope for before year end?

The March 2018 cruises were included in the Sip & Sail promotion last year:), so you probably missed your chance.:( If you want to take advantage of this promotion, you need to be looking at your 2019 cruises now.

I am cruising Panama 3/19/18. We booked Sip and Sail for this trip last summer. I do not beleive our dates will be included again this year.

What is the three for free promo?

This is last years version of 3 for Free.

The 3 for Free benefits have varied throughout the years & I'm hoping to have the same benefits from the 2016 version...up to $300 per cabin of OBC, free gratuities and a free cabin category upgrade.

The upgrade was to the highest available cabin category when paying for the least expensive category. It's only a category upgrade & not to a different type of cabin such as from interior to an oceanview cabin.

I e-mailed Princess about the question of drink limits on the AIBP. I received a call back last week that stated implicitly there is no daily limit to the drinks. He did say the bartender can refuse to serve if he feels a passenger has "had too much."

I e-mailed Princess about the question of drink limits on the AIBP. I received a call back last week that stated implicitly there is no daily limit to the drinks. He did say the bartender can refuse to serve if he feels a passenger has "had too much."

Thanks for sharing the Princess reply however it wouldn't be the first time that a Princess CSR statement was inaccurate. Did he explain why their T&C state otherwise & that there is a daily limit on alcoholic beverages?

The Terms & Conditions (post 53) state this twice including at the top in bold print.

"A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply".

Hopefully we'll learn on Tuesday which is correct however to me the Princess statement in their T&C is more credible than what any CSR tells us. If that statement was in error, it should corrected before passengers book this offer so they are properly informed about the AIBP benefit.

Edited by Astro Flyer