Anything you forgot to pack and wish you did?

ChelePA

S'well type water bottles/yeti cups for the fam. We all used those daily. I'm a neat freak/everything in its place type. Don't like stuff sitting around, especially in small quarters. My favorite tip that I got from CC was an over the door clear plastic shoe storage hanger. I put it over the shower door, facing out. Store all the "stuff" in it from toothpaste, sunscreen, flip flops, books, Vibe passes, water bottles. Amazing what it holds! Shut the bathroom Door and organized clutter is all gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also brought a clear plastic shoe box ($1 type) and stored everything I used to get ready. Took the plastic box to the desk area to get ready, stored it all together on a shelf in the bathroom when done. It held make up, hair spray, Round brush, hair product, you name it also tucked away and tidy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long reply, but below is our "Ultimate Packing List", which we customize for each vacation. We are constantly adding, deleting, and review the "I can't believe I didn't think of that...need to add it to the list". Believe it or not, for our 7 day Bermuda coming up, everything below fits in 2 suitcases and 2 backpacks.

Awesome list. I just copy/pasted the entire list into my own pile of travel docs. Definitely a few things we wouldn't personally use, but a great starting place for me. I usually travel light, but we three kids headed to Alaska I suspect we'll be traveling a little heavier than usual.

Long reply, but below is our "Ultimate Packing List", which we customize for each vacation. We are constantly adding, deleting, and review the "I can't believe I didn't think of that...need to add it to the list". Believe it or not, for our 7 day Bermuda coming up, everything below fits in 2 suitcases and 2 backpacks.

Great list, just a couple of quick comments --

--From what I've heard, the international phone cards really aren't desired any more with the proliferation of international cell phone plans. Cash really works best. It's a little more relevant for land vacations where you have random bell people, the people who get your taxis, housekeeping, etc., but you might want to add "A lot of singles" on the list.

--I can't stress enough what you said about putting clothes from each person in both/all luggages!! A lot of people just pack a suitcase per person, with each person's clothing in that one suitcase, but it's best to pack piles, and then separate some into each suitcase, so if one suitcase is lost, everyone has a little less, but you won't have that one person who is completely without everything!

One cruise I forgot the charger for my digital camera.

This was when digital cameras were pretty rare.

Fortunately a bloke had a video camera that used the same battery and he was kind enough to charge it for me.

Zip lock bags... for everything from wet cloths to ice to that bottle of wine you have left over to prevent leakage. We bring the Jumbo, gallon and quart size! Having an extra quart sized bag saved me at TSA once when the zipper broke on the one with my liquids and would have save me on shampoo leakage in my suitcase!

Lightweight, packable tote bag to carry home those souvenirs that don't fit in your suitcase and so you don't have to buy an extra suitcase on the ship! They are expensive! I learned thIs one the hard way... more than once... any one need an NCL Branded rolling expandable nylon bag or three 🤣. The tote can also double as a beach or shopping bag!

Waterproof case to wear around your neck to put room key, photo ID, a credit card and a little cash... some fit phones... to wear in the water so valuables are not left on the beach! it's no fun being the one nominated to stay on the beach to watch belongings, or if sailing solo then no need to worry about valuables when in the water!

And my latest must have... inflatable noodles... nothing like being able to float around in the warm water or easily stay afloat while snorkeling than an easily packed and carried noodle! They are great beach pillows too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where did you get inflatable noodles?

They are called doodles. I got them at an online pool supply store, but they don't carry them any more. I just googled them and it looks like amazon and Walmart have them online.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with the medicine.....we did a trip to Canada for the fall foliage. My daughter had been exposed to poison ivy and broke out horribly. Had to stop at a CVS to get bandages, band aids, and tape.....bill was about $100 (social medicine, y'know).

Took exception to this. Yes we have free medical care in Canada, for Canadian citizens. If you had been in the UK with their free medical care you would have been billed as well.

But also, there are no CVS pharmacies in Canada. We have Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmasave and some others. But no CVS. Why would you think that a regular drug store should give you bandages and band aids for free. Your post makes no sense

Definitely something for constipation. My aunt had an issue our 2nd day and I had to go to the ship store to find something since she didn't want to go to the ship doctor. You try and explain what you need to someone who doesn't speak English as their first language. I am sure my face was red after trying to describe that she was "backed up" and what I was looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Forums mobile app

These tips are great, especially the ones on otc meds, bandaids etc. I have been doing most of these for years. One I do is buy a cheap dollar store dispenser type antibacterial pump soap for the sink. So much easier, neater and quicker with all the hand washing, than using that little bar of soap. After the cruise I just leave it in my cabin since it is cheap. If you are flying in, I have found dollar pump soaps at Target and Walmart.

Mary Ann

Thanks for sharing

I started out with a list a few years ago: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39540099&postcount=171, but has also transformed over the years to: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53251703&postcount=393

I will take a look at your list more thoroughly over the weekend (we are leaving in three weeks) and see if I need to make any additional modifications. Although reading through this post, I am going to be adding mini binoculars to my list. It was something I wished I had brought with me the last time we had a balcony.

Cheers,

Travel R

I love hearing from everyone's experiences...I think the travel cup is genius. Sand in eyes is a nightmare!

In regards to binoculars, I used to think "why?" - then I spotted whales on a trip and realized binoculars are amazing!

Amy

These tips are great, especially the ones on otc meds, bandaids etc. I have been doing most of these for years. One I do is buy a cheap dollar store dispenser type antibacterial pump soap for the sink. So much easier, neater and quicker with all the hand washing, than using that little bar of soap. After the cruise I just leave it in my cabin since it is cheap. If you are flying in, I have found dollar pump soaps at Target and Walmart.

Mary Ann

There was a wall mounted hand soap dispenser in the Gem last week.

Mary Ann

The soap on NCL ship is all liquid. Liquid hand soap dispenser at the sink. Liquid body wash dispenser in the shower. Liquid shampoo/conditioner combo dispenser in the shower.

Recently, they have also provided a small bar of soap and lotion. But that is new.

I always pack cold sore throat cough remedies ..invariably colds are rampant on cruises

A pashmina ...esp if you sit outdoors come in to freezing aC ...Pashmina helps .shivers

I bring a clothesline

A flashlight in purse at all times ...blackout on ships are pitch black ...Ive eperienced 3 so far

Post it to leave messages

Hat, sunscreen, slippers or flipflops ....watershoes

Lounging cover so even in pjs i slip this on to look outdoors at sunrise or on arrival ..did see man in birthday suit on balcony ...do not think he epected to see me ...lol

Bon Voyage

I always pack cold sore throat cough remedies ..invariably colds are rampant on cruises

A pashmina ...esp if you sit outdoors come in to freezing aC ...Pashmina helps .shivers

I bring a clothesline

A flashlight in purse at all times ...blackout on ships are pitch black ...Ive eperienced 3 so far

Post it to leave messages

Hat, sunscreen, slippers or flipflops ....watershoes

Lounging cover so even in pjs i slip this on to look outdoors at sunrise or on arrival ..did see man in birthday suit on balcony ...do not think he epected to see me ...lol

Bon Voyage

Did you pay extra for the willy dancer?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Forums mobile app