Separate curry menu

On Jewel they have just introduced a separate menu in the MDR at dinner with a curry alternative. You have to ask for it; little card about the size of the desert menu.

Pics to follow tonight!

I know for UK sailings there are always curry options printed on the usual Sage/Basil menus.

Do any other ships have this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently brand new for this cruise! Note the menu has a Jewel logo on so I wonder whether they are trialling it on board this ship??

DH had it and said it was fabulous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on a b2b Aug 27-Sep 10... would you be so kind to ask if they plan/expect on having this throughout the Med/summer season? I was planning to purchase the specialty dining packages but I may now have to rethink that in order to have this dinner option more often. Thx little britain :D

(p.s. I wonder if they'll have the exact same options nightly up at the WJ)

On our b2b Jewel TA and Greece cruise in April/May of this year, the head waiter brought us out a curry dish for the table just about every night that we ate in the MDR. It wasn't written out like above, but was much appreciated and delicious.

We suggested at the time they should add a nightly curry dish to the list.

They had many Indian chefs on board.....

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Today on Anthem in WJ theme was: Indian Spice Market. This was day 3 on the 5 night.

Pork vindaloo, butter chicken, chickpea curry, naan, poppadams, tandoori chicken, some kind of chicken/veg wrap, these fried round things that were like mini samosas, a very spicy baked fish, several other items. It was great.

They also had a Mongolian grill/stir fry area.

I have seen (and enjoyed) curry dishes in the WJ at lunch on board the Grandeur but do not recall seeing them on the dinner menu. I would certainly like to see this as a dinner option in the main dining room.

Hotel director Peter promises me that this is a "soft launch" this week and from next cruise it will be advertised.... and will be on all future cruises including the TA!

Excellent news, thanks for asking.:D

Hotel director Peter promises me that this is a "soft launch" this week and from next cruise it will be advertised.... and will be on all future cruises including the TA!

and then axed as the ship gets to SJ.