Non-Refundable Deposit

I just read the policy for non-refundable deposits on suites again. It applies to GS and above only and should not be applied to JS.

Also applies to category guarantee cabins.

mac_tlc

I have a Crown Loft on Oasis in January, an Aquatheater suite on Oasis for August 2018, and a GS on the Brilliance TA in September 2018. All booked 1-2 years ahead. With the nonrefundable deposit, I would not book those categories that far ahead.

We have experienced cabin-category-creep, and seem to be booking JS and above lately. For our first 10 cruising years, it was ocean view or balconies only.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Understood.

FWIW, I really don't think you can wait to book a GS on a popular TA like Brilliance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Understood.

FWIW, I really don't think you can wait to book a GS on a popular TA like Brilliance.

On that TA that includes Iceland, suites are gone early on the first day the itinerary is available.

The new norm.

I have a non connecting, deck 8, hump JS for November 5th & 12th 2017. Fairly low price. Booked on release day.

These may truly be my first ever cancellations. I wonder if I can sell them back to Royal. [emoji12]

On that TA that includes Iceland, suites are gone early on the first day the itinerary is available.

Iceland TA is probably the most sought-after RCCL itinerary. The Brilliance on 9/1/18 is Ireland then to Tampa.

mac_tlc

I have a non connecting, deck 8, hump JS for November 5th & 12th 2017. Fairly low price. Booked on release day.

These may truly be my first ever cancellations. I wonder if I can sell them back to Royal. [emoji12]

They will welcome your cancellation and re-sell them for more $$$.

mac_tlc

I'm on that one, Serenade. Laura got us a JS for the Prior leg, but no luck on the TA. I think she booked onboard during the spring release. JS's disappeared fast.

As I posted this morning, I asked my TA to try and change my Symphony reservation to a non refundable. He did, and saved my almost $400.00. Same cabin, and reservation, and RCCL did it with no questions asked. My own opinion is if you don't plan on cancelling, except in emergency, it's a win.

I've been trying since last night to book a refundable deposit booking on The Adventure for April 2019. I can get all the way to submitting the cc payment and every time it just says there was an error processing it. Am I the only one having this problem?

I just read the policy for non-refundable deposits on suites again. It applies to GS and above only and should not be applied to JS.

I just checked all my booked cruises which are JS and GS. All ten JS have only the non-refundable deposit option. :confused:

And yet the people who complain the loudest are still booking a bunch of cruises and paying all the fees. If I were RC I would do the same thing, it hasn't decreased their revenues one bit.

On this refundable/non-refundable issue we don't know what or if the revenues will decrease. It has only been in effect for 1 day now.

If people refuse to book the non-refundable rate and they find bookings lagging, then the policy may change.

But, I have a sinking feeling that people will book them just to save a buck.

On Carnival the difference between the past guest rate and Early saver rate, which has a non-refundable deposit, is usually $20.00 per person. Go over on their boards and read the sob stories when people have to cancel. Not worth the hassle for us at any price.

We always book a suite and with a 200% deposit, there is no way that I am putting that much out there as a non-refundable deposit.

Thankfully, our 2 RCI bookings for 2018 were made before the switch, so if we have to cancel we will get those deposits back.

DH is still fuming about the money we lost on our Azamara cruise when we had to cancel it when he got laid off. A portion of their deposits is totally non-refundable from day 1. As a result he won't consider booking with them.

Yeah we'll have to see how it changes. However we've all read the outrage about the room service charge, the increase in drink prices, the elimination of future cruise certificates etc. So many times that I read a post about someone being outraged, they follow up with "after this next cruise..." (or next 7 cruises) "...because we already have them booked..." then we're done!

Even reading this thread, look how many people are already jumping right on board and booking those non refundable fares. If enough people do that, get ready for them to eliminate the choice for the rest of us entirely.

On this refundable/non-refundable issue we don't know what or if the revenues will decrease. It has only been in effect for 1 day now.

If people refuse to book the non-refundable rate and they find bookings lagging, then the policy may change.

But, I have a sinking feeling that people will book them just to save a buck.

On Carnival the difference between the past guest rate and Early saver rate, which has a non-refundable deposit, is usually $20.00 per person. Go over on their boards and read the sob stories when people have to cancel. Not worth the hassle for us at any price.

We always book a suite and with a 200% deposit, there is no way that I am putting that much out there as a non-refundable deposit.

Thankfully, our 2 RCI bookings for 2018 were made before the switch, so if we have to cancel we will get those deposits back.

DH is still fuming about the money we lost on our Azamara cruise when we had to cancel it when he got laid off. A portion of their deposits is totally non-refundable from day 1. As a result he won't consider booking with them.

Yeah we'll have to see how it changes. However we've all read the outrage about the room service charge, the increase in drink prices, the elimination of future cruise certificates etc. So many times that I read a post about someone being outraged, they follow up with "after this next cruise..." (or next 7 cruises) "...because we already have them booked..." then we're done!

Even reading this thread, look how many people are already jumping right on board and booking those non refundable fares. If enough people do that, get ready for them to eliminate the choice for the rest of us entirely.

Don't forget the increase in Cabana prices. [emoji6]

I have a question hopefully someone can help me with.

While onboard a Celebrity ship we booked a 12 night RCCL cruise for a $200 deposit and came with $200 OBC.

When we got home we transfered it to our travel agent for an additional $75 OBC.

While on the Celbrity ship we had an issue that couldn't be resolved while onboard. So I called customer service and explained the issue and we received an addtional $150 for the RCCL cruise.

So right now we are paying $3439 - $200( deposit) with a balance of $3249 with $425 OBC.

So my question is if I call my agent and change it over to the non refundable deposit the price of the cruise drops to $2975.........with $100 to spend at sea?

So do you think if I switched over to that I would then be paying $2975 with $525 OBC ?

If so what does that mean? I'm not allowed to do any changes with the reservation? Can't switch ships or sale dates of any kind, if I do I'm out the $200 deposit? I'm not exactly sure of what the advantages and disadvantages of booking this way would mean for me?

Jimbo:)

Okay new price.............NRD worked for me.

Final Price of the cruise on Anthem is now $3000 with a $525 OBC for a 12 Night cruise in a balcony cabin that we can drive from our house in NJ up to Bayonne, NJ in a little over an hour.

Just save $439 off the price of the cruise and gain an additional $100 OBC. That is like $1237 per person for a 12 night cruise. Can't beat that for a balcony cabin anywhere can you?

Only reason we would cancel to something else is if we would see a better priced cruise somewhere else...........Can't really see that happening if I can't drive to the ship..because adding airfare to any other port is going to put the cost of any 12 night cruise or more much more money.

We are happy!

Not a fan.

Even when I have booked a cruise I feel certain we will go on, something can happen. Like a wedding invitation of a niece during the same time we had booked a cruise for my birthday. This has actually happened to us twice in the past year. All these nieces should hurry and get married ! LOL

Seriously, we are not fans of the non refundable deposit. I prefer to have the ability to change the sail date or the ship & sail date if need be without having to pay $100 fee per passenger.

Seriously, we are not fans of the non refundable deposit. I prefer to have the ability to change the sail date or the ship & sail date if need be without having to pay $100 fee per passenger.

And that's why RCI is giving you more choice - choice to spend more money on a refundable fare.

A Fan of Royal Caribbean But Not A Fan Of This New Booking Implement

After reading that, I thought, well that is not too bad, you still get a future cruise credit, it's not as if you are loosing the deposit after all. But reading further, my deposit is $500.00, so right off the top, according to what is listed above, I loose $200.00 for the FCC fee (Future Cruise Credit).. THEN they are going to charge me another $100.00 per person service fee for changing the sail date, which is a no-brainer if I had to cancel the cruise. So in summary, if cancelling, Yes I will have a future cruise credit of $100.00, but it cost me $400.00 to get it.

There is no FCC fee. If you have a cabin for two and paid $500.00 for the deposit and then had to cancel, you would be "charged" a $100.00 per person change fee and the FCC would be for the remaining $300.00. They are not charging you twice for the change fee.

Okay new price.............NRD worked for me.

Final Price of the cruise on Anthem is now $3000 with a $525 OBC for a 12 Night cruise in a balcony cabin that we can drive from our house in NJ up to Bayonne, NJ in a little over an hour.

Just save $439 off the price of the cruise and gain an additional $100 OBC. That is like $1237 per person for a 12 night cruise. Can't beat that for a balcony cabin anywhere can you?

Only reason we would cancel to something else is if we would see a better priced cruise somewhere else...........Can't really see that happening if I can't drive to the ship..because adding airfare to any other port is going to put the cost of any 12 night cruise or more much more money.

We are happy!

Good deal. It seems to me like the posts I have read about big NRD have all been on Anthem sailings