Grumpy and Slinkie will sail again

Grumpy1

Well, Ol' Grumpy just couldn't stand the idea of not having a cruise booked any longer. Life is just too empty when there's nothing booked. Grumpy fixed that problem, today... he signed up for the (drum roll, please...) 2007 Grand Circle South America and Antartic Voyage... Now that's a mouthful for an official title... 66 days on "their" Prinsendam, leaving Fort Lauderdale on Jan 5, 2007, returning on Mar 12, 2007.

"Their" cabin from the 2005 GWV was available, and both Slinkie and Grumpy were very pleased with the location and internet access from the cabin, so there wasn't any reason to book a different location.

There will be more planning ahead for the ports this time... gotta find a way to keep Slinkie girl away from those jewelry shops:rolleyes: ... yeah, fat chance of that happening... but there is a little more than 13 months until the cruise, so that should be enough time for lazy Grumpy to search out a couple of things to do. Of course, he'll be looking for the "must do" suggestions from those of you that have "been there, done that".

With the exceptions of Barbados, Forteleza, Brazil, Santarem, Brazil, and the Panama Canal transit, this itenerary is all new for both Grumpy and Slinkie. The interesting thing, though... no stop at HMC at either end of the cruise, no stop at HMC on the 56 day cruise after that and no stop at HMC on the Amsterdam GWV.

There is a roll call for this cruise now, but probably won't be much activity for awhile. At least it has a chance of staying on the first page since they rearranged the roll calls by ship. Thanks, CC staff.:)

Well, Ol' Grumpy just couldn't stand the idea of not having a cruise booked any longer. Life is just too empty when there's nothing booked. Grumpy fixed that problem, today... he signed up for the (drum roll, please...) 2007 Grand Circle South America and Antartic Voyage...

Wonderful! Sounds like a really awesome cruise! Congratulations!

And, of course, I hope you all are planning on taking us along ... virtually that is. I really miss your postings from last year's World Voyage. You are truly blessed in that your unique writing style made us all feel as though we were actually with you on that World Cruise.

And as for the jewelry shops ... hey, it's only money, right? And, if it keeps Slinky happy, then it's surely worth it. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Grumpy and Slinkie,

So glad you have booked the Prinsendam again. It looks a wonderful itinerary. We are off to South America in 4 weeks time and will be going to quite a few ports that you will visit plus we are doing the Veendam Panama-Amazon cruise in September next year so we will have been to most of your ports by the time we have finished.

The 13 months will go by very quickly and there is such a lot to organize including your Brazilian visas and your injections which by the way do not hurt!

Jennie

Yes, Lisa, The time will fly by quickly. Why, just think, in the blink of an eye it will be time to start packing.... yeah, right!!

Rita, we couldn't even think of leaving all of our CC friends behind. Grumpy might even get Slinkie to say a few words now and then, too.

Alsas... Someday our paths will cross again. Sorry we missed meeting you on the 2005 GWV. I really liked the Amsterdam itenerary, too, but I really want to see SA/Antartica this time around.

Jim, I'll bet there's an H Stern in almost every port! Now, if I could just convince Slinkie that if you've seen one jewelry store you've seen them all...

Jennie, we got all of those shots before the last cruise... yellow fever, typhoid, Hep A... so this time around won't require quite as many... the only thing that hurts is the price of the Brazilian Visa and the travel doctor's office visit.... We will certainly want suggestions for many of the ports since you will be the trailblazer.

Ruth... No jewelry shops in Antartica? Au Contraire... the Prinsendam carries it's own... if Slinkie can't get off the ship, but the ship is in Antartica, then the Shops on Board are in Anrtartica, and therefore...

I see that the single supplement on this cruise is quite reasonable... less than 50% for all categories between M and C. That would sure solve the "roommate from hell" situation from your last cruise... We hope you decide to do this one.

Copper... Thanks

Hi, everybody! I haven't been on board here for a while, but all it took was a new cruise to plan to bring me back.

Thanks for all the good wishes and kind words. I've been wishing for a closer look at many countries in South America, so I'm looking forward to all those wonderful ports (at least those in the warmer parts, haha).

My dear Grumpy knows me so well - Let's see how good he is at convincing me that all those beautiful trinkets we got on the World Cruise will keep me warm while we cruise the Antarctic. It may take more than a few sparkly pieces of jewelry. ;)

Slinkie

Congratulations Grumpy and Slinkie....I'm so envious! We've been looking at the SA and Antartica itineraries, and we looked long and hard at this cruise. But it's too much of a stretch for us right now, so I guess we'll have to find something smaller in scale down the road. What a fantastic itinerary you have to anticipate. Count me among those who will look forward to your commentary.

My dear Grumpy knows me so well - Let's see how good he is at convincing me that all those beautiful trinkets we got on the World Cruise will keep me warm while we cruise the Antarctic. It may take more than a few sparkly pieces of jewelry. ;)

You go, girl! Come home from this voyage too with a bunch of stuff that sparkles! And, as Gumpy mentioned ... hope you'll post some commentary from the voyage as well.

Unfortunately, for me, I could never actually take a voyage this long ... or as long as the World Cruise ... not while I am still working, that is. So, I really look forward to traveling along virtually with the two of you!

Blue skies ... and, again ... congratulations!

--rita

congratulations on your cruise. We are booked on the one after yours, so I will be interested to hear how the Prinsendam is and if you are keeping it in order for us. What was your cabin on that ship? We are also taking her down the Amazon this spring in an sy cabin. I believe 28 Any thoughts on that? We had wanted to go on your cruise, but our second grandchild will be born in February, and Grandma just couldn't be away. Would love to do that another time.

congratulations on your cruise. We are booked on the one after yours, so I will be interested to hear how the Prinsendam is and if you are keeping it in order for us. What was your cabin on that ship? We are also taking her down the Amazon this spring in an sy cabin. I believe 28 Any thoughts on that? We had wanted to go on your cruise, but our second grandchild will be born in February, and Grandma just couldn't be away. Would love to do that another time.

We will be in 35, also an SY cabin. I think you will be very pleased with 28. It's on the port side, fairly well forward, but on a deadend hallway with very little traffic outside your door. 22, 24, and 26 have a little bigger balcony, about one foot deeper, but our preference is not to be all the way forward. I think you'll find your location to be convenient and comfortable. We'll be looking for your comments about your Amazon cruise.

Thanks grumpy for the info. I am curious about being that far forward. Is there a problem noise wise or anything else being that far to the front? Just want your opinion. I've been on the larger ships of HAL forward and didn't mind it. I have never been on the Prinsendam so all the info I can get is very helpful. Thanks

Aaaaaahhhhh ... Grumpy and Slinkie! Good for you. So glad you found something to put on your plate. Such a wonderful feeling, I know. This sounds like it will be amazing for you. Hard for me to believe that after your voyage last year there are any ports you haven't been to!

The planning really is such a big part of all the fun. Congratulations!

Thanks grumpy for the info. I am curious about being that far forward. Is there a problem noise wise or anything else being that far to the front? Just want your opinion. I've been on the larger ships of HAL forward and didn't mind it. I have never been on the Prinsendam so all the info I can get is very helpful. Thanks

I wouldn't be concerned with noise.. Unless those pesky Cat S people start throwing wild parties in the Neptune.:p . it will be above and just a bit forward... The cabins on the Prinsendam have better sound control than most ship's.

There will be some motion if the seas get rough. There was one night that it was too rough for the cast to put on their dance show in the Queen's Lounge which is all the way forward, and there were a few times that it was fun walking about the ship, but unless you are very sensitive to motion, it shouldn't bother you. Keep in mind that the Captain's quarters are further forward than you and he likes to get a good night's rest, too.

We had a couple at our table that were in cabin 25, opposite side and one cabin forward and they never complained about noise or motion. I think you will really like the cabin.

Archived