Lysol Wipes/ Spray. Can we bring Lysol Spray?

Cruiseboy06

I think the big question is: Can you fly to the port with a van of Lysol spray.

I didn't think you could.

I assume you meant a can:). If you have a flying van I would like to see some pictures You can not carry it on. The FAA guidelines for checked

Luggage. https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/hazmat_safety/more_info/?hazmat=2

So the short answer is no.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ash/ash_programs/hazmat/media/hazardous_materials_carried_by_passengers_and_crew.pdf

I think the big question is: Can you fly to the port with a van of Lysol spray.

I didn't think you could.

But that is not what the threadstarter asked.

It's not like one couldn't stop and purchase a can of lysol between the airport and the cruise port.

But that is not what the threadstarter asked.

It's not like one couldn't stop and purchase a can of lysol between the airport and the cruise port.

If you're taking Carnival transport from the airport to the ship, I didn't think you could.

And I'm flying in the day before. I have transportation arraigned from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the port. The hotel is not by a shopping district. So, without spending money for a cab or Uber, I don't see any way to go shopping for a can of Lysol.

And regarding van....Autocorrect FTW! NOT.

I read in some posts that lysol wipes don't kill norovirus. They suggest Clorox hydrogen peroxide wipes for hospital use. Hers's the link in Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Saalfeld-30824-Healthcare-Disinfectant-Norovirus/dp/B01MU9QV9W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1499272404&sr=8-2&keywords=clorox+hydrogen+peroxide+wipes

The question is really--why?

Noro isn't killed by the hand gels either, nor does anti-bacterial soap; they only attack germs, etc. on the upper layer of skin and don't remove dirt or deep clean. Lysol spray does kill noro, but isn't quite as effective as bleach. However there are Hydrogen Peroxide wipes that do a great job at killing noro and other bacteria. Clorox makes them but they're a tad on the expensive side and I'm not sure they come in travel size. But a large container of them should have more than enough wipes to scrub your cabin and self and commonly handled things like door knobs daily for a couple of B2B cruises.

I believe the assumption here is that the OP wants Lysol for Noro when the OP never stated that at all.

The reason we take it is because Lysol kills germs that causes the common cold and all sorts of other illnesses. While Im far from a germaphobe, we still take a can of Lysol with us on every cruise to use in the cabin. We were on one cruise that had a major upper respiratory infection breakout and we were fine. I have no doubt it traveled through the AC system so I sprayed some Lysol up around the air vent to the AC. Have no idea if that worked or not but all I know is we never got sick.

I was told by a Carnival representative that Lysol can spray was not allowed (but the travel bottle is ) on the ship because it was an aerosol container. Since then, I've traveled with a bottled hypochlorous disinfectant for all hard and soft surfaces, whether non-porous or porous.

I was told by a Carnival representative that Lysol can spray was not allowed (but the travel bottle is ) on the ship because it was an aerosol container. Since then, I've traveled with a bottled hypochlorous disinfectant for all hard and soft surfaces, whether non-porous or porous.

Can't be true unless they are going to ban all aerosols, which they don't. Nothing like that is on the prohibited list on the website.

Can't be true unless they are going to ban all aerosols, which they don't. Nothing like that is on the prohibited list on the website.

The rep referred me to this:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4090/~/carnival-corporation-prohibited-items

One bullet point from the last says, "[c]ompressed gas tanks, bottles, cylinders including dive tanks, propane tanks and aerosol cans."

If I remember correctly, a gas is any air-like substance that has no fixed shape due to its ability to expand indefinitely.

Perhaps, they are actually laxed on that one thing, though. It doesn't bother me. I like my alternative.

~Profile Says Everything~

The question is really--why?

Because it makes some folks "feel" better. It creates for them the illusion that they are somehow better protected. Personally I find the smell of Lysol nauseating and would not be happy to be next door to someone spraying that stuff, but so be it. Don't use sprays, wipes, liquid sanitizer or any of that stuff. I have a healthy immune system, so I just wash my hands after using the restroom or before a meal and get on with my life.

Because it makes some folks "feel" better. It creates for them the illusion that they are somehow better protected. Personally I find the smell of Lysol nauseating and would not be happy to be next door to someone spraying that stuff, but so be it. Don't use sprays, wipes, liquid sanitizer or any of that stuff. I have a healthy immune system, so I just wash my hands after using the restroom or before a meal and get on with my life.

I often wonder why someone feels the need to voice their opinion in this manner. Do you think you have to be rude just to get your point across? I assure you, you don't. I'm sure there are plenty of things you do in your life that aren't very necessary, but still offer you peace of mind. And actually, disinfectant wipes and sprays do truly kills germs, so it's reality, not an illusion.

I often wonder why someone feels the need to voice their opinion in this manner. Do you think you have to be rude just to get your point across? I assure you, you don't. I'm sure there are plenty of things you do in your life that aren't very necessary, but still offer you peace of mind. And actually, disinfectant wipes and sprays do truly kills germs, so it's reality, not an illusion.

*applauds*

~Profile Says Everything~

First of all this thread is not about YOU. That's great that you have a healthy immune system. But not everybody does. Get over yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if we are able to board the ship with a can of Lysol spray for our stateroom..Does it be in a travel size? I know we can bring Lysol wipes and etc

I ALWAYS take little travel size cans of Lysol and spray down the bathroom area with emphasis on the flush button. You can get these at Walmart in the little section where they sell travel sized items of everything. This is usually over by shampoos/toothbrushes etc.

Congrats on your healthy on you healthy immune system. Some people aren't so lucky are immune suppressed due to an illness. Maybe you should be a bit more open minded and not think that everyone is just like you.

I personally use it because of people like you who only wash their hands after bathroom breaks. Think of everything you have touched that has been previously touched by people who didn't wash after the bathroom or coughing or blowing their nose.