Overheard on a ship

BillOh

In line of the things you have seen cruisers done thread. Have you heard any bizarre statements from cruisers? I can think of a few and perhaps more will come to me. I've had significant hearing loss and have probably missed more than I've heard. I like sitting in quiet places and even I sometimes hear strange things without trying to hard.

Years ago we were on our way to a cruise on Navigator I think it was. In the car I heard a news story about chemicals leaching into water bottles when they are left in the sun for long periods. The story was attributed to the New England journal of Medicine. When I got to the airport, someone must have photocopied that article and left it on the chair in the boarding area so I read it, getting out of it what I could. Several days later on the ship I was on the pool deck and the lady next to me said her bottle had been sitting out in the sun all day and wondered it if was still safe. The lady she was traveling with, spoke up and said, "I researched that, its not true." Hmm NEJOM or some lady on a ship?

I was sitting on the pool deck of a ship in Cozumel if I remember right. I had just run a few miles on the track and had seen a ship pull in next to us. At the time I was training for a marathon and I noticed people running on the track of this Carnival Ship. I noticed it because on that ship the track was a dedicated one and no deck chairs to fight with! A father son walked up to the railing and the kid, asked, what ship is that? His Dad quickly spoke up saying it was a Princess ship that he had been on, but didn't remember the name. I inadvertently gave him an, " I don't think so look" But did say anything so the good could go on admiring him . :halo:

Oh, one time I was on Allure and I overheard someone say that Bin Laden was killed, so I did rush back to the cabin to find out that was true.

I don't know if this qualifies, but here goes.

I was on the NCL Epic which had a Nickelodian feature. I was on the elevator along with a family, husband, wife, and two young children. The wife said to the husband, "You know you have to get slimed.". The husband replied, "No way.". The mother asked the children who they wanted to slime, and they both yelled. "DAD!".

I was still on the elevator as they departed. The Dad was the last to leave. I wished him good luck, and he thanked me.

Royal Princess had just been named by Prince William's wife in Southampton, and had attracted a lot of interest in the UK.

A few days later, we were on a P&O ship following Caribbean Princess out of harbour- the name was clearly visible, and she was the same build as the ship we were on.

A loud voiced man started telling everyone around that we were following Royal Caribbean's newest ship, the Royal Caribbean Princess of the Seas. People pushed forward to see the latest ship ... it wasn't worth the argument....

Was on a carnival cruise and was walking behind two girls talking about all the partying they did the night before.. the girl asked her friend how much did she drink and the friend replied she drank a s**t ton the night before ... [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by breezy270

This thread reminds me of the time I overheard a couple lounging by the pool on Norwegian Gem talking about the unusual posts they had read on Cruise Critic.

Unusual?:confused:

You should sign up for the Diplomatic Corps.;)

I don't know if this qualifies, but here goes.

I was on the NCL Epic which had a Nickelodian feature. I was on the elevator along with a family, husband, wife, and two young children. The wife said to the husband, "You know you have to get slimed.". The husband replied, "No way.". The mother asked the children who they wanted to slime, and they both yelled. "DAD!".

I was still on the elevator as they departed. The Dad was the last to leave. I wished him good luck, and he thanked me.

I guess i didn't title the thread, Crazy or dumb things overheard, I guess Funny qualifies.

One night at dinner, hubby and I ordered tuna tartar as our appetizer. Our table mates must have thought that sounded good, so they ordered it too. Appetizers came, and we waded into ours. Then we heard one of our table mates say to the other, "This tuna's raw!" The other one replied, "And where's the tartar sauce?"

This thread reminds me of the time I overheard a couple lounging by the pool on Norwegian Gem talking about the unusual posts they had read on Cruise Critic.

Nbt. ....Love it !!! :) Good one. :),

One night at dinner, hubby and I ordered tuna tartar as our appetizer. Our table mates must have thought that sounded good, so they ordered it too. Appetizers came, and we waded into ours. Then we heard one of our table mates say to the other, "This tuna's raw!" The other one replied, "And where's the tartar sauce?"

Good one! Thanks for the chuckle. ;p

Boarding one of the Carnival ships in Long Beach.

Following a midTeen up the gangway, who was bouncing and pointing,"Look! They have submarines!" She was pointing to the lifeboats. smh

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Overheard wife speaking at buffet: I can't believe all this food we're getting. And its all FREE!!!

Husband: Its not free, Elaine.

Wife: But we aren't paying for any of this!

Husband: We paid for it - Its all included in the price of the cruise.

Wife: But its all FREE!!

Overheard wife speaking at buffet: I can't believe all this food we're getting. And its all FREE!!!

Husband: Its not free, Elaine.

Wife: But we aren't paying for any of this!

Husband: We paid for it - Its all included in the price of the cruise.

Wife: But its all FREE!!

Sounds like an NCL cruiser - they seem to believe NCL's pitch that, because drinks or specialty restaurants are included in the price they paid for the cruise , they are FREE. Sort of like the man who bought a car and felt he got a great deal because he got a spare tire FREE.

Wandering around Quebec we overheard a woman, obviously a cruiser based on her HAL bag and togs. She was telling her companion that they needed to shop and spend the rest of thei cash before they boarded their ship. They had "French Canadian money" and they needed "English money" for the next port.

Wandering around Quebec we overheard a woman, obviously a cruiser based on her HAL bag and togs. She was telling her companion that they needed to shop and spend the rest of thei cash before they boarded their ship. They had "French Canadian money" and they needed "English money" for the next port.

I love "French Canadian Money" A Loonie with cheese curds and gravy on top. :D

I wonder if she's related to the lady I heard complaining in a gift store in Victoria, BC that she didn't want her change in Canadian money. Said she wanted "real money" as change.

I met a very nice gentleman on our Adventure of the Seas Cruise my husband and I were on last year. We had several conversations. He was from the US east coast. We were sailing from Puerto Rico. I asked how he was enjoying his cruise. He replied that he loved the ship, but he probably wouldn't sail out of Puerto Rico again as 75% of the cruisers were Spanish speaking....... I had to just smile and chuckle to myself, not sure what he expected as most of the people in Puerto Rico speak Spanish.

This one is strange but true...

About 25 years ago we were doing a Mexican Riviera cruise on Carnival and didn't realize it was the week just after high school graduation in California and in those days you didn't need somebody over 25 in each cabin. Through our cabin wall one night came a clear female voice: "But I already danced naked for you!"

This one is strange but true...

About 25 years ago we were doing a Mexican Riviera cruise on Carnival and didn't realize it was the week just after high school graduation in California and in those days you didn't need somebody over 25 in each cabin. Through our cabin wall one night came a clear female voice: "But I already danced naked for you!"

I think you win with this one! ;p

I once overheard someone at the purser desk asking when they could change their money into Alaskan Money.