Tickets for 18+ comedy shows?

lizzyplague

Yes, on Magic 6/17-23. Had to go to Vibe lounge to get a ticket 1 hour before showtime. Limit 2 tickets per person - it was a bit of a madhouse & kind of annoying to have to be there an hour ahead of time. We had a party of 5 so 3 of waited in line to get a total of 5 tickets. Then 10 minutes before showtime they called your ticket number (similar to zones when boarding) & the masses all tried to squeeze through 2 doors into the theater... it was, im my opinion, organized chaos :/

We had it on the Magic in May and it worked well. The previous situation with a line up that blocked the passageway and couldn't have been beneficial to the piano bar customers was eliminated. We waited a few minutes in the lounge and soon they only had SRO tickets left. Better to find that out then, than to wait in the line only to have no seat. There was no mad dash to the door. as they called each group number, those folks went out a side door to the comedy club and handed over their tickets at the enntrance. It was a nice setup we thought. We were able to get seats where we usually sit.

Seems unnecessary. The room is pretty big and why make you run around the ship for a ticket. They could do like NCL and let you reserve on the app when you board

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree there should be some sort of reservation system. Whether its a ticket or thru the TV in your cabin. Now be prepared to wait a few nights if you want to see a show. When I was on the Epic, the first night I was able to see the headline show was the 3rd night of the cruise....the first 2 nights were sold out. I think that is a much better system then the lemmings who stand around for 2 hrs outside a venue

I sincerely hope they don't roll this out to all the ships. Because that would suck. Sometimes we don't always KNOW we want to go to a show until about 15 min or so before and if we don't get a good seat, then that's on us because we didn't get there 30-45 min ahead of time. I noticed (and they may have done it on other ships, IDK) that on the Breeze once a comedy show was over, you got kicked out of the lounge and were made to go stand in a line that went from the door of the comedy lounge, through the piano bar and three quarters of the way down the promenade. If you went to show #1 and wanted to attend show #2, there was absolutely NO chance of getting a half decent seat. Period. If you're in the lounge and you want to stay for the second show, they shouldn't kick you out. You showed up early, you got a good seat and you shouldn't have to give it up. It's not like you're chair hogging on the Lido..your butt is in that seat.

I sincerely hope they don't roll this out to all the ships. Because that would suck. Sometimes we don't always KNOW we want to go to a show until about 15 min or so before and if we don't get a good seat, then that's on us because we didn't get there 30-45 min ahead of time. I noticed (and they may have done it on other ships, IDK) that on the Breeze once a comedy show was over, you got kicked out of the lounge and were made to go stand in a line that went from the door of the comedy lounge, through the piano bar and three quarters of the way down the promenade. If you went to show #1 and wanted to attend show #2, there was absolutely NO chance of getting a half decent seat. Period. If you're in the lounge and you want to stay for the second show, they shouldn't kick you out. You showed up early, you got a good seat and you shouldn't have to give it up. It's not like you're chair hogging on the Lido..your butt is in that seat.

But what about the people that haven't seen the show yet? They are lined up like you did for show #1, but you want to just keep the seat at their expense? Really? A bit selfish, don't you think?

This is a tough one. I love the comedy shows, but the turnover issues are huge and annoying. The long line is ridiculous, but I am not sure the tickets would be a better option. I think the real solution is to offer more shows (re-runs even) so that all guests who want to enjoy a show can do so. I would imagine that with tickets, there will be a mad rush wherever the tickets are distributed, rather than the show, and the result will be the same. To be fair, DW and I have not failed to get into a show after waiting in line yet.

I so remember on our second cruise, we noticed a lot of people found sneaky ways to cut in line. One was pretending to wait for an elevator and then kind of weaseling in. What bothered me was that security saw this happen and didn't say anything to the cutters. On a more recent cruises, I have called out the cutters (politely), everyone in line kind of tightened up preventing the cutters from doing so. While this worked, I would much rather have security staff do the enforcing.

But what about the people that haven't seen the show yet? They are lined up like you did for show #1, but you want to just keep the seat at their expense? Really? A bit selfish, don't you think?

The comedy shows don't repeat one after the other. If I get there early for the 1st show, it is not selfish of me to want to stay for the second, and different. show.

The comedy shows don't repeat one after the other. If I get there early for the 1st show, it is not selfish of me to want to stay for the second, and different. show.

I respectfully disagree....people are lining up for certain shows. After the show you are attending is over, you should have to exit the area and get back in que

The only problem with having to get back in line is not that I don't want to wait..that part I don't even really care about. But if I leave and go get in line for show #2, I have ZERO chance of getting a half decent seat. There were a couple of adult comedy shows that I attended on our last cruise that were so full that people were forced to sit in a small area that was practically BEHIND the stage. You couldn't see back there for sure so I'm sure some of the jokes that a physical element to them were lost on those guests.

The only problem with having to get back in line is not that I don't want to wait..that part I don't even really care about. But if I leave and go get in line for show #2, I have ZERO chance of getting a half decent seat. There were a couple of adult comedy shows that I attended on our last cruise that were so full that people were forced to sit in a small area that was practically BEHIND the stage. You couldn't see back there for sure so I'm sure some of the jokes that a physical element to them were lost on those guests.

But here is the thing....the people that are waiting, want those seats too. So its about choices. You decide what show is more important, Show #1 or Show #2. You choose to wait and secure what you believe will be a good seat for Show #1. Heck you lined up early and possibly missed some other activity that was going on in order to line up and secure a spot to increase your chances for a good spot for Show #1. These people lined up for Show #2 probably have the same sort of mindset. You have seen your show now, a new event will be taking place. For you to bypass those people and continue to camp out essentially is like cutting the line. What would happen if you are standing in line for Show #1 and all of a sudden they took people from another line, who got there after you and let them in first and the reason the attendant gave was "these people really wanted a good seat"....I am sure you wouldn't like that

But here is the thing....the people that are waiting, want those seats too. So its about choices. You decide what show is more important, Show #1 or Show #2. You choose to wait and secure what you believe will be a good seat for Show #1. Heck you lined up early and possibly missed some other activity that was going on in order to line up and secure a spot to increase your chances for a good spot for Show #1. These people lined up for Show #2 probably have the same sort of mindset. You have seen your show now, a new event will be taking place. For you to bypass those people and continue to camp out essentially is like cutting the line. What would happen if you are standing in line for Show #1 and all of a sudden they took people from another line, who got there after you and let them in first and the reason the attendant gave was "these people really wanted a good seat"....I am sure you wouldn't like that

If I get there early for show number 1 and I want to also see show number 2, then I shouldn't have to leave my seat. Just because you only want to see number 2, doesn't mean I can't see both without getting back in line.

I don't know why carnival can't have the comedy shows in the main theater. Tons of seating there.

Just adjust the scheduling so that it doesn't interfere with the theatrical productions.

They always seem to hold the Bingo in there and most times that I have attended the Bingo it was mostly just the lower level (deck 3) that was utilized so move the Bingo to the lounge where the Comedy shows are and hold the Comedy show in the larger theater. Have the comedy shows running in the afternoons and not just at night if it is too hard to schedule shows and comedy into the one theater location. There always seems to be dead space somewhere in the schedule where it seems there is nothing going on except some silly seminar on buying tanzanite stones! (That was just an example)

If they cannot schedule the comedy shows in the main theater then have an online reservation available which opens up perhaps a day or 2 before sail date - to be fair to late bookings. I would HATE to have to stand in line to get a ticket and then get in line again to enter the venue. I also hate lines where everyone is trying to cut in and you are not guaranteed whatever it is you are standing in line for. (First come first served). It lends a kind of desperation to line and makes people turn cutthroat and crazy. (Line cutting, lining up way early, sneaking friends or family into the line etc)

Just my 2 cents!

I never did understand why they held the comedy in such a relatively small room when there is always such a long line of people to get in and then people standing with no seat and people being turned away because there wasn't even a spot left to squeeze somebody in standing. I've only been on 3 ships (Magic, Liberty, Valor) but it was universal among all of them that the lines were long and the venue too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't like a ticket system for the Comedy Club, just another line to stand in and like a PP said you might not even know if you WANT to go to a show until 15-20 minutes before it starts.

I think we have been on 3 Carnival ships with Comedy Clubs (Conquest, Freedom and Dream) and only 1 of them emptied out the room after each show. Thankfully the other two did not do that. Apparently it is up to the Comedy Club host/hostess if they want to do that or not. It's nice to be able to keep your seat if you choose to see the next show, which is always a different show. I could understand emptying out the room if the second show was the very SAME one as the first, in order to let as many people as possible see THAT show. But when it's always a different one I prefer to be able to stay in my chosen seat for the next show. There are always people who leave the show, people who are in line for the next show can take their seats.

I do agree with a PP that wondered why the comedy shows aren't held in the main theater. If they were there would probably be plenty of seats for everyone, no one standing up in the back, no one not being able to get in to see the show.

So people with late dining shouldn't be allowed to see any comedy shows? It would not be possible for them if they allowed the first show guests to just sit there all night. (which, I'm sure, if why they do this).