LIVE from GRANDEUR of the Seas - July 8, 2017

I'm trying to remember when I originally made that frito quote. Was it it one of your reviews?

Not sure, could have been Ricks too. Just remember that you made a comment that you were at the gym (ship or land) and the guy beside you had a toe nail that looked like a giant Frito. That imagery alone should slow down Frito sales.

I'm trying to remember when I originally made that frito quote. Was it it one of your reviews?

I was trying so hard to remember too. I keep bringing it up ...lol I even did a search of the word Frito, which turned up nothing.....grrrrrr

PARTING THOUGHTS

-What can I say about Cruise Maryland? Just a fantastic port to sail from. Check-in was very fast once again, the staff is extremely friendly and there is just so much to do in the Baltimore area that I hope to sail from there at least once a year going forward.

-This was my first cruise where I left my suit at home and it will definitely not be my last. Courtney was worried that I would look out of place in my khaki pants and buttoned down shirt. Not even close. We went to Giovanni’s on formal night. The gentleman sitting on my left was wearing shorts. The man on my right was wearing white New Balance sneakers. Yeah, I didn’t look out of place.

-If good water pressure in your stateroom shower is your top priority when deciding on which cruise to book, grab room #3094 on the Grandeur immediately. Seriously, it’s amazing. Definitely the best we ever had. You could probably even fight off some Somali Pirates with that shower hose if you ever find yourself in that situation.

-If you read my Grandeur review last year you might remember that I thought that the staff was not very friendly and slow (and this coming from someone who hardly ever complains about anything). It was better this year. Everyone seemed very friendly. The service was a little slow in the Schooner Bar at times but overall it was better than last year.

-The upselling is out of hand but thankfully I’m now used to just saying “no, thanks” over and over. There was one instance that was rather rude however. Courtney was lying by the pool one day with her ear buds in and listening to her music. Someone with a Chops menu came behind her, reached over, stuck in the menu in front of her face and asked her if she would like to book Chops for dinner.

-Speaking of Chops. Both Giovanni’s and Chops were very good this trip. Chops has been hit or miss for us lately but this time it was delicious and we even went back a second time on night 5.

-The wifi was pretty slow at times. That surprised me considering it was rather fast last year.

-I’m a fan of Cruisin Susan Adams. I thought she was hilarious and a very good cruise director.

-Please Royal, don’t ever completely get rid of the Vision class. I know, wishful thinking. My opinion has changed a lot in the past few years but I think I can now say that the Vision class is my favorite RCI class. I’m sure the Radiance class will eventually be my favorite once I give that a shot (I’ve never been on Radiance class or Empress) but for now I think I like the Vision class the best on Royal. The Norwegian Escape is still my favorite ship on Planet Earth.

Thanks for following along. I appreciate EVERYONE that posted or just quietly read along.

NEXT UP: Harmony of the Seas on September 30th with A&L_Ont, CruiseLifeRick and maureencruiser. That could get ugly.

e571db17a1abd19efa46eb609ac3ae2a.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

Haha. Nice! Hope you're having a blast.

We are having a great time. There's something about this ship. It has such a friendly vibe.

We have the same stateroom attendant that we had 2 years ago. He even remembered us.

And I almost didn't pack my suit. Glad I did though as we had the honor of dining with the Staff Captain last night and I had something appropriate to wear.

I wish we had more time in Bermuda. We leave tomorrow afternoon. It goes by too quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Enjoyed the review. Thanks for doing it. Couldn't agree more on Cruise Maryland. It seems to very well run and efficient coming and going. We've done Grandeur once and Pride three times. That being said though...NYC is still my favorite place to sail from. Looking forward to your week on Harmony. Take care.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

PARTING THOUGHTS

-Please Royal, don’t ever completely get rid of the Vision class.

Thanks for following along. I appreciate EVERYONE that posted or just read along.

NEXT UP: Harmony of the Seas on September 30th with A&L_Ont, CruiseLifeRick and maureencruiser. That could get ugly.

Thanks for letting us tag along. I agree, love the vision class. Sailing again on the Grandeur in September, 3rd time. We sailed on her when she was brand new, one of my favorite cruises of all time.

Ok Harmony, you've been warned. :cool:

Laurie

Thanks for following along. I appreciate EVERYONE that posted or just quietly read along.

I've been following and should start by saying thank you for yet another great review. I had to catch up a couple of days in and was able to kill 40 min on the treadmill without even thinking about it. [emoji4]The Grandeur was my first cruise ship so she holds a special place, it was great to follow along!

The Norwegian Escape is still my favorite ship on Planet Earth. [/font]

She is my happy place and she has my heart. I can't really explain it but I totally agree with you. 14 days and I'm back home (not Doug's specific home [emoji12]). Thanks for the great review!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

988895aaec194a504467a96ae48721cd.jpg Hey Yorkvillain. We found these at horseshoe beach. Are they yours? [emoji23]

Oh, i think we were on the Anthem together last October. I guess we both made it to Bermuda after all

Haha! Great picture.

Yeah that was brutal walking on the Anthem in October and being handed the letter saying "we have to skip Bermuda". That was still a great cruise though and to this day still the best service/staff/cruise director we ever had.

Hi, all! I'm new to CruiseCritic, but I wanted to thank YorkVillain for posting all of this. My wife and I are going on our first ever cruise over Labor Day in September on Grandeur, and this detailed review was incredibly helpful.

Thanks so much for your review. Having never cruised out of Baltimore or on Grandeur, I'm really looking forward to it after reading your review, although our cruise is a 12 night. This will be our longest cruise so far.