LIVE from GRANDEUR of the Seas - July 8, 2017

Thanks everyone for following along and for all the great comments. I'll have some more crab cakes photos later on after our lunch at G&M Restaurant and then some final thoughts tomorrow or Saturday. Thanks again!

52c24c929b8e7a34749c579605355b33.jpg

I can see you from my office window! I love looking out at the Harbor and seeing the ship that I plan to cruise on in October. Enjoy G&M's (mmm - crab cakes!) and the rest of your time in (HOT) Bawlmore, Hon!

Could you put a towel and a book on one. I'll be there in 3 hours.

Thanks York. It left like I was on board with you every step of the way. I am sitting in my office patiently waiting on my turn. August 10th just can't get here fast enough. Who is sailing with me?

Just overheard a guy in the Windjammer say: "I want to go on the Harmony because they have waverunners on that ship".

They are fun, but about the time you get them up to speed in the solarium pool, you have to slow down and turn around. Too many no-wake zones.

Coneyraven and BillOH, do not look below. You're not going to like it.

A yinzer a few tables away brought his own napkin to Chops.

2878831216652bf1059c8b7ad187c064.jpg

I warned you guys.

Unfortunately you gotta do what you gotta do when cruising from Baltimore.

Mike

Bridgeport, WV

I'm still back in the middle of your 5 days, but as this is the first of your reports I've caught in almost real time, I just wanted to say thanks for taking us along. The intro to your first Grandeur trip report made me an instant fan...in reading your other reports (trip logs? blogs? certainly more than the typical "review" since you take us on the adventure with you!) I've found only more of the same...informative yet full of fun-tastic wit! Many thanks!

Post-cruise lunch at G&M's.

d983ef7f4869d8bcc50d935bef673aea.jpg

Tossed salad - why not

cb3fccd1b94fd062d909f78b3a040687.jpg

Crab dip - delicious!

e914138961b199a27e23b506da6be74d.jpg

Double crab cake platter

925d3bf3d959d05e19cbd148603d17bc.jpg

Verdict- G&M's crab cake was very good but a little dry and had some kind of herb that I didn't care for. Would I get it again? Heck, yeah. But if I had to choose, I would take Pappas crab cake in a heartbeat. Pappas blew me away and is now my official "go to" crab cake place.

Have you run across the Northstar shopping bags yet.

I won a Northstar bag in a bag last cruise. I never got it out. I cant believe it is large enough to be a shopping bag. About 4" in diameter and 4" tall on a string.

Thanks to Courtney for not throwing Tim and/or Tim's phone overboard, and allowing us all to enjoy this review.

This was a great and really fun live review. I enjoyed it however, I'm wondering if there really are a Tim and Courtney. Saw a lot of pictures of food but I don't recall seeing either of them. Hmmmmm?

This was a great and really fun live review. I enjoyed it however, I'm wondering if there really are a Tim and Courtney. Saw a lot of pictures of food but I don't recall seeing either of them. Hmmmmm?

I can personally vouch for the existence of Tim and Courtney!

Post-cruise lunch at G&M's.

d983ef7f4869d8bcc50d935bef673aea.jpg

Tossed salad - why not

cb3fccd1b94fd062d909f78b3a040687.jpg

Crab dip - delicious!

e914138961b199a27e23b506da6be74d.jpg

Double crab cake platter

925d3bf3d959d05e19cbd148603d17bc.jpg

Verdict- G&M's crab cake was very good but a little dry and had some kind of herb that I didn't care for. Would I get it again? Heck, yeah. But if I had to choose, I would take Pappas crab cake in a heartbeat. Pappas blew me away and is now my official "go to" crab cake place.

You have not had a crabcake until you try the ones at Boxhill in Harford County.

Just awarded the Best in Baltimore