Packing/Luggage Cubes

I think you will find that your packing will be more efficient, which means that you can likely fit more in the same total space.

We use space bags (which allow for air to be sucked out from the clothes in each bag). Even without a vacuum, we can get a ton of air out from squeezing/compressing the bags. We can fit almost 2x what we would otherwise in the same suitcase! Of course, that also means that the weight is 2x [emoji50]. We now have to weigh our bags to make sure that they aren't over the airline limits.

They are very handy. Makes unpacking your bags on a cruise ship super easy. Simply take the packing cell out of your bag and place it into the draw. If travelling with two people with two bags, get 2 different colours. Then pack half and half. If the airlines or cruiseship loose one of your bags then at least both of you have some clothes.

I have been using packing cubes for many years now, and I wouldn't dream of going on ANY trip, long or short, without them. Besides keeping everything beautifully organized, it keeps everything clean and wrinkle-free--especially when TSA goes through my bags (which happened as recently as this spring!) Originally, I purchased two sets in two different colors for DH and myself (3 different sizes,) but found the large packing cube to be the most efficient. So I bought another set of 3 large cubes. Best travel money I ever spent.

Make the one time investment. You will be glad you did!

https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/large-packing-cubes-3pc-set/48438?productid=1234149

Been using them for year - one color for "his stuff" and one color for "my stuff"..........makes efficient use of suitcase and makes unpacking easy. We purchased our from both eBags as well as TJ Maxx/Marshalls. Highly recommend them!

Anyone care to share your thoughts and experiences with cubes? Do they help you get anymore space or just organize what you have?[/quot

Both. Easy to just put into drawers. Clothes don't end up in a jumble from you looking for a particular item. I always use them.

For cruising, I used to pack everything into ziploc bags of different sizes, extra large 11" x 17" available at big department stores. The bags provide an air cushion so clothes don't wrinkle much.

I since discovered packing cubes, found some at Winners/Marshalls on discount. Even though I roll items, some still wrinkle. We used them on a two-week coach tour and I should have put certain items in ziploc bags. However, it was really handy when I could direct my husband to his 'underwear' cube, lol... I do all the packing. They really save time searching for like items in your suitcase and it will be the neatest suitcase you ever packed!

For an overnight or weekend land trip, or if you have wrinkle-free clothes, packing cubes are the greatest! They take less space and organize your things... so easy! They do act like 'drawers'. Un-zip... and you see everything at a glance in a compact space. Clever.

For a longer trip where we may be living out of a suitcase for a few days pre-cruise, ziploc are great as you can pull items out without disturbing others.

For our next cruise on RCI, that doesn't have a self-serve laundry/ironing room, and two nights pre-cruise in a hotel, I'll be using a combination of ziploc bags and packing cubes.

I just used them for the first time, my wife didn't. My suitcase was organized and easy to manage, hers was a hot mess. It took her much longer to unpack upon arrival, and then pack before departing. I just took my cubes out and put them in the closet. In reverse, I took them out to the closet and put htem in my suitcase. In between, my suitcase, located under the bed, was my clothes hamper. I was very impressed with them and will now use them every time I travel. Very much worth it.

I used to wonder the same thing. My theory was "Isn't my suitcase one big packing cube?" Then, I tried them. Now I won't take any long trip without them. As others have said, they allow you to keep things organized, and roll clothes a little tighter. I also put labels on each cube when packing (T-shirts, shorts, dressier shirts, underwear, etc.), and I print/take labels that say "clean" or "dirty" to put on cubes before returning home. It's easier knowing that everything in a "clean" cube can just be put right back into my dresser, the dirty cubes go right to the laundry, and there's no chance of mixing them up. I used to put dirty clothes in large plastic bags, but this works so much nicer.

They have been great. Just started using them past couple of trips. The cubes have me getting the same amount of clothes in less space. Clothes wrinkle less, pack neater and suitcase is more organized. Just got new ultralight weight cubes from ebags, will be testing them out next week.

We love packing cubes. I haven't used them much for cruising (mostly because we mostly travel on land) but we have used them for several trips including moving overseas. We try to travel light, we mostly travel overseas and utilize public transportation, so it is is important that everyone can handle their own luggage (except my youngest). With careful packing we use 5 (one per person) 20 inch suitcases and 1 backpack/small duffle per person, even when we are gone for 2-3 weeks. We always have a packing cube with one days worth of clothing, plus something comfortable to sleep in, in a carry on bag if we check luggage in case our luggage is misplaced or late. We also mix cubes up in bags if needed, each person has their own color.

Can't say enough about how great our packing cubes are. We have used them for years and they are still in great shape. Also really love the pack-it garment folders from Eagle Creek! They come in several sizes, medium for my shirts and large for DH's, and a super-large size for dresses and pants. If I fold everything according to the instructions, it is amazing how few wrinkles there are when we take stuff out to hang in the closet.

And re: cubes, once an airport managed to slash our (new!) luggage clean through, top to bottom. If we had packed everything loosely (not in cubes) I am sure we would have lost a lot of stuff ... as it was, nothing slipped out because it was all in cubes. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been a pretty sight on the carousel, that's for sure!

\\ Also really love the pack-it garment folders from Eagle Creek! They come in several sizes, medium for my shirts and large for DH's, and a super-large size for dresses and pants.

We like these also. We have 2 mediums and 1 large one plus the foldable garment holder/bag. That usually gets us by for most trips Occasionally, if all 5 of us need to dress up, we bring along a traditional garment bag as well.

My other half doesn't use them and I do. My clothes arrive at their destination less creased than his, and I unpack 10x quicker than he does. He huffs and puffs every time, but does he want some? Nope! He's just a martyr to the suitcase!

Another bonus of them is they provide another layer underneath the clothes if you're using those metal shelves in the wardrobe. I always find the bottom item ends up with shelving lines otherwise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought my first set a year ago, ultralight from Ebags, and was skeptical - but found that I can get more into the suitcase with the cubes than without, and everything is not as wrinkled and a lot more organized! Bought a second set for upcoming cruise in Med, will be first time using for a 2 week trip.

I love my e-bags! I have my clothes sorted and when my luggage arrives I simply take my cubes out and put them in my closet. I wash my clothes when I get home and repack them for the next cruise. My husband and I have different colors so we know whose is whose when they are in the closet on the ship. I also got a laundry bag and our clothes are put in the laundry bag once worn. It makes packing up to get off the ship so easy. I would not like to cruise without them!

Love our packing cubes. We pack light so it keeps us organized and cuts down on space. I cut the larger ones in half and sew in zippers. I also have made a few cube shape ones that fit an odd space in my rolling underseat bag. I cut 3x5 cards in half and write a label in magic marker what is inside. We use them for everything from cords to extra swimwear. We use them on all trips, land and sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bought my first set when we went to Hawaii this year. My husband thought I was wacky and just did an impulse purchase. My bags were so organized and easy to unpack. This was also the first time I have ever rolled my clothes and I could not believe how much I could fit into the bags. I don't think Ill travel any other way. It was easy to grab what I needed right away when we got to the hotel. I was very happy with them.