Do we get lanyards when we check in?

I can't believe people get all up in arms over lanyards lol. I just bought a cute one with ID holder from Vera Bradley for my upcoming cruise. I think its cute as can be. :hearteyes:

I worked with a nurse a few years ago who kept calling them "lanards". I'm like what the hell is a lanard? :confused:

I love my rhinestone encrusted lanyard, but I also wear my camera (AKA cell phone) around my neck on vacation and it WAS de-magging my SnS card. I didn't believe it but after several days of trips to the desk for re-magging the card, I tried the clip-on ID holder I'd brought along for my DH and lo-and-behold, no more trips to the desk.

The clip-on are more a pain to get off to hand to bartenders or drink servers. I'm going to try a wrist-holder -- thanks to poster above for the heads-up about dipping it in the food at buffet!

It's an enormous Samsung Note3 (takes excellent photos and has user-swappable battery). I have leatherette neck wallet and water-resistant if not -proof case for rainy days. Probably makes lanyard-haters break out in hives!

Hardly my style, I prefer my Canon [emoji2] , but I wouldn't compare that to a lanyard.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Back on the subject of lanyards, we bought these from Target this week for $3 each. They have a nice sturdy strap and SeaPass cards should slide in and out of the pouch easily without falling out accidentally.

lanyards.jpg

Edited by PlanetX

Back on the subject of lanyards, we bought these from Target this week for $3 each. They have a nice sturdy strap and SeaPass cards should slide in and out of the pouch easily without falling out accidentally.

lanyards.jpg

These might create an issue as it is the info imbedded in the magnetic strip on the back side or the bar code to properly us your sea pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's funny to see so many people bothered by others wearing lanyards. I think it's great. Maybe next time I'll wear two, just to ruin someone's cruse.:')

I have several different ones that I have beaded. Since I'll be coming off a trip to WDW on my next cruise, I'll likely be wearing my black, red and white one that I made for my Disney Annual Pass :-) Hope the fashion police like it. :'):'):')

These might create an issue as it is the info imbedded in the magnetic strip on the back side or the bar code to properly us your sea pass.

It'll require taking the card out to use, but that's pretty easy with these.

I like wearing a lanyard. Easy. Who carriers a handbag around a ship? My grandmother would have as she wouldn't trust the ships safe. While I do not wear fanny pacs, if from an a list designer like gucci or prada, I might change my mind ��lol

I am happy to wear a lanyard, particularly during the day. No fussing about, looking for my Sea Pass card in my handbag as I exit the ship on port days (I do carry a handbag on port days -- it contains all manner of things, from my CC to cash to migraine meds to a small water bottle to body sunscreen to face sunscreen to lip sunscreen (pattern here?) to my sunglass case (sunglasses being on my face) to my phone). I'll be darned if I am going to put my Sea Pass card in there, and try to find it quickly when we need to debark/embark (not to mention the fact that one is so often asked for the Sea Pass card at shops as evidence that one is entitled to avoid local taxes, so having it handy is an advantage).

When just hanging around the ship, I will often have the Sea Pass card on my lanyard, and perhaps a lipstick and phone in my pocket. No need for much else.

In the evenings, I will put my Sea Pass card, sometimes still on the lanyard, into a small evening bag, along with a lipstick and phone.

Bottom line: I find the lanyard useful, both on the ship and off. I will take it off for photos sometimes (but with so many of my tops being navy blue, it wasn't even necessary this time). It's not a fashion statement, not an accessory. Just a tool for use during the trip.