Shampoo, conditioner, body wash scent and ingredients?????

seattlegirl42

I am going to be on an Alaska cruise on the Noordam . I have an allergy to mint and menthol. I have seen that the HAL uses Elemis, which is a wonderful brand, but some of their products have mint ingredients.

Are the products provided on the HAL Alaska cruises mint scented?

They're in wall mounted containers so it doesn't list ingredients like a little bottle would. I honestly don't remember it being minty at all- like 99% sure. The hand soap they provide was definitely not minty- I remember that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Quite honestly, if I had an allergy like yours, I would bring my own soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. You don't want your vacation ruined because of an allergic reaction to something you thought was safe. Bring along a couple of travel sized bottles of each to carry you through your trip and you'll be comfortable and happy.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

They're not minty, but I would follow ger_77's advice and take my own to avoid the risk. I'm not allergic to soap, but I always pack a full size bar of soap. (I don't trust little soaps. There's something sinister about them.)

Going slightly off-topic but wanted to mention that the new hand/body lotion provided has a very strong scent. I much preferred the previous Elemis lotion as it had a much softer scent.......I hope the new one is short lived.

And I think it smells like anise. Wonder what's REALLY in it???? I just know I don't like it.

I always travel with my own soap, shampoo, and conditioner. We have a few days in Seattle before our cruise and I plan to run to a CVS or Walgreens and pick up the shampoo and conditioner that we normally use. It's an inexpensive brand, so I don't mind leaving the leftover amount behind. It saves me having to pack liquids.

Quite honestly, if I had an allergy like yours, I would bring my own soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. You don't want your vacation ruined because of an allergic reaction to something you thought was safe. Bring along a couple of travel sized bottles of each to carry you through your trip and you'll be comfortable and happy.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Exactly. It isn't that big of a deal to bring your own.

Going slightly off-topic but wanted to mention that the new hand/body lotion provided has a very strong scent. I much preferred the previous Elemis lotion as it had a much softer scent.......I hope the new one is short lived.

Haven't heard about this. Any idea what the new one is? Is it still Elemis but a different kind?

Haven't heard about this. Any idea what the new one is? Is it still Elemis but a different kind?

It is Elemis. I had bottles of it in my cab in but I brought my own body lotion. I dont ' care for HAL's Elemis body wash.

I

It is Elemis. I had bottles of it in my cab in but I brought my own body lotion. I dont ' care for HAL's Elemis body wash.

I

If I recall correctly, you get bottles in a suite and the dispensers everywhere else. (Dispensers in the shower though.) My DFIL was in a regular balcony and I didn't notice a big difference. Then again, I didn't sniff him. But if I did, that wouldn't have helped per my previous post where I couldn't detect the mint/eucalyptus/anise.

The body wash definitely has a "zing" to it - whether mint, menthol or eucalyptus, not sure, but I definitely reacted to the zing the first and only time I used it. I requested bar soap, and got it, and since then I bring my own.

I hope HAL sticks with whatever they've had since I started cruising in 2012. There are too many body washes and shampoos out there, not to mention laundry detergents, which the public is forced to smell long after the scent should have rinsed off the user. The Elemis, or whatever it is, rinses off well enough.

Definitely bring your own. I have issues with the provided body wash and shampoo. I pack Lush solid shampoo bars (so much easier than worrying about leaking bottles) and bars of mild goats milk soap.

I do not have problems with the provided white round bar soap, but it can sometimes be difficult to get or have replaced when the bar is getting low. And I never know if they will be using a different kind so traveling with my own safe soap is the best thing. I buy small travel bars when I see them and leave them when I head home.