FLL Airport to Miami Hotel - Looking for Your Expertise!

Vinnie1

Hi! Our Equinox Aug 27 cruise is getting closer! We're looking for advise around a transportation service from the FLL airport to the JW Marriott Marquis in Miami. We're looking for a company that is reliable, prompt and economical. We're flying in on Sat., Aug 26 arriving approx. 10am. Thanks much! :)

Hi! Our Equinox Aug 27 cruise is getting closer! We're looking for advise around a transportation service from the FLL airport to the JW Marriott Marquis in Miami. We're looking for a company that is reliable, prompt and economical. We're flying in on Sat., Aug 26 arriving approx. 10am. Thanks much! :)

I just realized we'll be on the same President's cruise! Did you sign up for the free party in the afternoon at San Juan?

Also you should use Uber or Lyft to get from your hotel to the ship's pier.

Before these services we used to use shuttle services between FLL & our Miami (we usually stay 1 night in South Beach prior to the cruise, but this time we'll be in Coconut Grove neighborhood)

Hotel but now it's so much easier and less expensive to use the ride sharing service. You didn't say how many people you have. More than 2 persons you'll need Uberxl due to luggage space.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

We have used SAS Transportation quite a few times and have found it to be fantastic. The cost is $15 per person and you pay when dropped off at your hotel ( or the Miami cruise port ). It is a van that you share, I think around 10 passengers. It's usually happy cruise goers and we've had great conversations on the way to Miami.

You will be giving your flight information to SAS. They have always called us when we are at the baggage claim to tell us where to meet.

Enjoy your cruise!

We have used SAS Transportation quite a few times and have found it to be fantastic. The cost is $15 per person and you pay when dropped off at your hotel ( or the Miami cruise port ). It is a van that you share, I think around 10 passengers. It's usually happy cruise goers and we've had great conversations on the way to Miami.

You will be giving your flight information to SAS. They have always called us when we are at the baggage claim to tell us where to meet.

Enjoy your cruise!

Before the advent of ride sharing we had used SAS. While everything went OK I didn't like the fact that we had to wait around for other passengers until we can leave. Then of course depending on where everyone was going you're not necessarily going to be dropped off first. Ride sharing definitely has lowered the cost of transfers in the FLL-MIA area.

Head over to the Florida departures board.

Uber is easy and runs under $40. ( in an UberX)

Shared shuttle with SAS,QLS,JIFFY JEFF etc. will run around $15 per person. All are reputable.

Cab or Uber XL runs closer to $75.

All commercial transportation options at FLL are required to pick you up at the commercial pickup zones. They are located on the baggage level between the terminals. Be sure to look for the signs when you exit the terminal. The good new is it's on the lower level and sheltered from the sun and weather. Bad news is the lower level usually is one big traffic jam during busy times.

A couple of shuttle websites I've looked at mention that pickup must be before 3pm (or something like that). Our flight will likely be later than that. Have I misunderstood that?

Perhaps they are quoting a rate that is only good until 3pm, and it goes up after due to the horrific rush hour traffic that will be encountered between MIA and FLL? I don't know, just taking a guess

I'd probably do an Uber for that trip.

When I saw you had Miami hotel in your subject line, I was actually going to recommend the JW Marriott Marquis in Miami. :) We've stayed there 3 times this year for cruises. Lovely hotel!

I too recommend Lyft/Uber from FLL and the JW Marriott Marquis in Miami. Did that exactly that for my 7/23 Equinox cruise. I'm looking at my Lyft receipt and it cost $35, which included the express lane toll. If you see a lot of traffic on the 95, hopefully your driver will have a transponder for the express lane. For an additional $2 or $3, it can save you a good 30-45 minutes sitting in traffic. It was well worth it for us! Enjoy!