Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Yes, and that might also be the catalyst for a Quantum class ship doing the TP between Australia and Alaska each season, depending on conditions in the Chinese cruise market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, seeing that Explorer already has the TP set for 2019, I don't think we'll see a Q Class ship in Alaska then (of course this can certainly change). Maybe 2020

Well, seeing that Explorer already has the TP set for 2019, I don't think we'll see a Q Class ship in Alaska then (of course this can certainly change). Maybe 2020

That does not mean anything per se.

In 2014, same happened Rhaposody.

When her Europe deployment scheduled for 2015 was announced in February 2014, you could also already book a Transpacific schedulued for April/May 2015 (Sydney - Honolulu, followed by Honolulu - Vancouver as a second cruise) - since mid 2013, I think!

Those Transpacific/Hawaii cruises scheduled to end in Vancouver in 2015 were fully cancelled and taken out of Rhapsody's deployment in spring 2014.

A new series for Tranasian/Transarabian cruises were offered, featuring voyages via Australia, Singapore, India, Dubai/Emirates/Arabia up to the Mediterranean - I believe from Sydney to Piraeus via Singapore and Dubai working as embarkation/debarkation ports as well.

And don't forget: This year, Legend was taken out of fleet in March 2017, a lot of her last Australia cruises have been cancelled as well.

Those cruises were released by April 2016, and when her sale to Thomson was announced, the remaining, already bookalbe cruises were taken out of the program as well!

So in theory, same could happen to Explorer.

As for now, there's no evidence that such a thing could happen.

But you never know, since RCI is very well known for last minute mind-games.

However I could believe 2019 could be Explorer's last Alaska season, and another Quantum Class ship might replace her in Alaska, once Spectrum is on the market for the Asian waters.

That does not mean anything per se.

In 2014, same happened Rhaposody.

When her Erope deployment scheduled for 2015 was announced in February 2014, you could also already book a Transpacific (Sydney - Honolulu, followed by Honolulu - Vancouver as a second cruise) - since mid 2013, I think!

This was fully cancelled and taken out of Rhapsody's deployment in spring 2014, and a new series for Tranasian/Transarabian cruises were offered, featuring voyages via Australia, Singapore, India, Dubai/Emirates/Arabia up to the Mediterranean.

So in theory, same could happen to Explorer. But as for now, there's no evidence that such a thing could happen. But you never know, since RCI is very well known for last minute mind-games.

However I could believe 2019 could be Explorer's last Alaska season, and another Quantum Class ship might replace her in Alaska, once Spectrum is on the market for the Asian waters.

as I said, it can certainly change. Not the first time and it won't be the last I'm sure.

Port Bookings are showing the ship with the name "Oasis of the Seas" leaving Barcelona for a Transatlantic sailing on Sunday the 27th of October 2019 via Malaga. This would indicate that this ship would most likely be heading to Florida. While Royal could do some sort of mini-cruise pre- drydock in Cadiz, the timing and port bookings seem to indicate a TA.

With Oasis still open for late April dates from Port Canaveral, it would not make sense that this ship is actually not Oasis, but most likely another vessel. My guess would be that Quantum would do a Voyage from Singapore to Dubai and then on to Barcelona and then do dry dock prior to the 2019 summer season.

With MSC having the MSC Seaview interporting out of Rome and Barcelona during the 2019 season from April to October, this would be a good competitive move.

This is a similar tactic as when they saved Symphony slots using Allure as a place holder.

As Spectrum is stated to be so specifically designed for the Asian market, it would make sense to switch them out in time for Quantum's required dry dock.

This would also allow them to get a Q class into the south Florida market for the 2nd season with MSC Seaside.

A ship with the name 'Voyager of the Seas' is also booked on an intensive set of turn around sailings from Hong Kong Kai Tak Cruise Terminal with 17 sailings in July and August of 2019.

Kai Tak schedule do make mistakes too and usually won't switch till rather closer to the actual date. I'm guessing the July and August schedule is for Spectrum Of The Seas which makes sense as usually during these months, ships are deployed in China.

Regards to the TA(27 OCT) for the supposed Oasis of the Seas, could that be for Voyager instead? Could be she's going back to the Caribbean.

Kai Tak schedule do make mistakes too and usually won't switch till rather closer to the actual date. I'm guessing the July and August schedule is for Spectrum Of The Seas which makes sense as usually during these months, ships are deployed in China.

Regards to the TA(27 OCT) for the supposed Oasis of the Seas, could that be for Voyager instead? Could be she's going back to the Caribbean.

The placeholder bookings are usually for the same class and size of ships but not Oasis for Voyager or Oasis for Quantum. Berthing requirements and costs are totally different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've seen a post on a well known Social Media site saying a rumor Indy may be full time in Southampton to accommodate Symphony coming to America.

Royal never use ship in winter in Europe

Port Bookings are showing the ship with the name "Oasis of the Seas" leaving Barcelona for a Transatlantic sailing on Sunday the 27th of October 2019 via Malaga. This would indicate that this ship would most likely be heading to Florida. While Royal could do some sort of mini-cruise pre- drydock in Cadiz, the timing and port bookings seem to indicate a TA.

With Oasis still open for late April dates from Port Canaveral, it would not make sense that this ship is actually not Oasis, but most likely another vessel. My guess would be that Quantum would do a Voyage from Singapore to Dubai and then on to Barcelona and then do dry dock prior to the 2019 summer season.

With MSC having the MSC Seaview interporting out of Rome and Barcelona during the 2019 season from April to October, this would be a good competitive move.

This is a similar tactic as when they saved Symphony slots using Allure as a place holder.

As Spectrum is stated to be so specifically designed for the Asian market, it would make sense to switch them out in time for Quantum's required dry dock.

This would also allow them to get a Q class into the south Florida market for the 2nd season with MSC Seaside.

Why do you think Oasis might just be a placeholder?

IMHO it's extremely likely to have her overhere in Europe in 2019, due to following reasons:

-Due for dry dock in 2019, easily to connect with a full Europe season.

-Apart from 2017, since 2015 there was always an Oasis-Class ship in Europe in summer - so Oasis would fit here.

-The 7 night Med from Barcelona is a warm-weather-itinerary (perfect for Freedom/Voyager/Oasis-Class), and Quantum-Class is designed for mixed cliamte zones with a lot of expansive indoor areas - so she'd be better feasible for Southampton. Further. Quantum-Class is able to tender, so IMHO RCI would call at Villefranche (Nice) insetad of Palma de Mallorca, where Oasis otS is already listed. Furthermore, no Quantum-Class ship is lsited at Riviera Ports (Villefranche, Monaco, Cannes).

Edited by shipfriend_max

Royal never use ship in winter in Europe

In February 2012 we took an 11 night cruise on the Independence of the Seas from Southampton to Spain and the Canaries. I wouldn't mind taking that cruise again...at the same time of year. The weather really wasn't that bad in the winter.

So your holding one cabin you don’t expect to use? Partial reason for NRD.

I have a cruise booked on Rhapsody next November and fully intend to use my cabin. Unlike the US, here in UK and Ireland we have no refundable deposits and no price drops so if we book and and have to cancel we lose our deposits. If we want to change, we are charged £75 and don't get the published prices as they are only available to new bookings. So in reply to your remark no..I am not responsible for NRD! :mad:

In February 2012 we took an 11 night cruise on the Independence of the Seas from Southampton to Spain and the Canaries. I wouldn't mind taking that cruise again...at the same time of year. The weather really wasn't that bad in the winter.

It would be nice to have the option of later Europe sailings. I sailed from Malaga on Adventure to Canaries in November 2010 and it was great! :ship: