Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

I wonder if they will release spectrum cruises next week?

We are interested in spectrum and we had also said if quantum was sent to Alaska then that would be on our potential list - better get the credit card ready !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Royal just posted on their Instagram story.

They’re releasing 2019-2020 cruises.

The one image shows Quantum Class in Alaska...

?ui=2&ik=85545f8ac9&view=fimg&th=15f7e18509203421&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=15f7e184abe54087f271&attbid=ANGjdJ9iryEZxP4glk-BcpzmYPl2ny1l6JT5rAMZce9q8JZTEvgIm4mwhMZziNtb3cbsT3og9-ArAJH7C52GI9YjQvowNHuJ4_H_XPECVGV4uUI2wf2Q0Ae1X26KQTs&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1509649871239&rm=15f7e18509203421&zw&atsh=1

I wouldn't be surprised if Royal is changing plan by sending Spectrum to Alaska and leaving Quantum in China. They can easily change the layout and fitout of Spectrum to suit Western rather than Eastern tastes. My reasoning is twofold: 1. NCL Bliss and 2. The Chinese economy is weakening and a new ship could generate more profit in Alaska.

I'm not up to date on the expected delivery date of Spectrum, but it would have to be early Q2 2019 for this to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going to be hard to decide which to do. Re-Positioning Cruise on the Spectrum or Quantum to Alaska. Give me a good price and great itinerary Royal!

Of course we could have the best of both worlds if they send spectrum to Alaska ! Definitely a bucket list cruise , especially if we could get on the cruise from Europe to Alaska .

As discussed already, Explorer and Radiance are set to return to Alaska in 2019 but that can certainly change. there is also the possibility of a 3rd ship.

As we talked about it already...

Although the April/May 2019 cruises of both Radiance and Explorer ending

up in Alaska are already open for sale, they could be cancelled and re-scheduled to any time.

Although I don’t see this happening,

let’s see.

But a third ship in Alaska would be very fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As we talked about it already...

Although the April/May 2019 cruises of both Radiance and Explorer ending

up in Alaska are already open for sale, they could be cancelled and re-scheduled to any time.

Although I don’t see this happening,

let’s see.

But a third ship in Alaska would be very fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing will change with Radiance, but replacing Explorer is a possibility in my opinion. I'm just trying to figure out why they would photoshop an image to show a Quantum Class ship in Alaska, if one wasn't going to be there. But who knows, this is Royal Caribbean we are talking about after all...

Quantum class to Alaska........be still my beating heart <3 <3

The only thing that would top that would be Quantum class to Southampton instead of the the same old same old Indie...

I'm with you on this one! I love the Quantum class but hate, hate, hate the port of Bayonne.

Save

Nothing will change with Radiance, but replacing Explorer is a possibility in my opinion. I'm just trying to figure out why they would photoshop an image to show a Quantum Class ship in Alaska, if one wasn't going to be there. But who knows, this is Royal Caribbean we are talking about after all...

Read this article the other day re:Alaska's growing tourism via cruise. I have a feeling we will see a 3rd ship. Celebrity is replacing Infinity with Eclipse (a larger ship) in 2019 . they have traditionally had 3 ships for a while now.

https://www.adn.com/business-economy/2017/10/30/projections-show-alaskas-cruise-industry-just-had-a-record-breaking-season/

Read this article the other day re:Alaska's growing tourism via cruise. I have a feeling we will see a 3rd ship. Celebrity is replacing Infinity with Eclipse (a larger ship) in 2019 . they have traditionally had 3 ships for a while now.

https://www.adn.com/business-economy/2017/10/30/projections-show-alaskas-cruise-industry-just-had-a-record-breaking-season/

Interesting!

3 ships sound good to me.

If Alaska is such a lucrative and growing market surely it would make sense to send their newest quantum class ship there for a bit of a splash - especially as China seems to have stagnated a bit. Fingers crossed.