Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Yes we know.

The question is the actual sail date for the TP

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Somebody posted this on our Roll Call. Whether it is set in stone is the question.

The Ovation will do the TP in 2 legs...Apr 17 2019 Sydney to Honolulu

May 4th 2019 Honolulu to Vancouver

Very disappointed with the offerings in the Mediterranean yet again. Still no decent size ships doing 9+ night sailings there. Only option is B2B on western med route. I don’t include IOS out of Southampton. Tried that and wouldn’t repeat it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Because they are too big for most ports beside the standard western med ports.

Somebody posted this on our Roll Call. Whether it is set in stone is the question.

That would be nice, but I wouldn't have thought Ovation would fit under the Lions Gate bridge in Vancouver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's hoping and would be great if it can do the French Polynesia itinerary as it difficult for us in Oz to get there!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Here's hoping and would be great if it can do the French Polynesia itinerary as it difficult for us in Oz to get there!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Who can get there easily? [emoji33]

I can, however, get to the Polynesian Village Resort @ WDW much easier than you can. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

For the first time since 2014, Oasis of the Seas will spend the summer season in Europe when the ship repositions to Barcelona in 2019.

Further Europe ships will include Brilliance of the Seas, sailing Iberian Peninsula and Baltic/British Isles cruises from Amsterdam and a new fall seven-night Mediterranean itinerary from Barcelona.

Jewel of the Seas will operate Greek Isles and western Mediterranean routes from Civitavecchia (Rome), while Rhapsody of the Seas will sail from Venice to the Greek Isles or Greece and Croata.

Barcelona-based Vision of the Seas will offer 12-night Mediterranean and Venice or Mediterranean and Greek Isles cruises.

Serenade of the Seas will sail seven-night cruises to the Norwegian Fjords from Copenhagen, and to Scandinavia and Russia between Copenhagen and Stockholm.

In other Europe news, Royal Caribbean will chart four new destinations in 2019: Visby, Sweden; Zadar, Croatia; Portofino on the Italian Riviera; and Porto, Portugal.

From Barcelona, Oasis of the Seas will sail seven-night itineraries, visiting Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Marseille, France; and Florence (though the port wasn't specified), Civitavecchia and Naples, Italy.

After its Mediterranean summer, Oasis of the Seas will reposition to PortMiami for the fall and winter seasons. The ship currently sails year-round from Port Canaveral.

Europe cruises will be available to book the week of Dec. 11.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

Very disappointed with the offerings in the Mediterranean yet again. Still no decent size ships doing 9+ night sailings there. Only option is B2B on western med route. I don’t include IOS out of Southampton. Tried that and wouldn’t repeat it.

I'm confused - what is it that you are expecting? A lot of the Med ports can only accommodate smaller ships. Plus, Explorer could come back to Europe. Voyager is likely taking over Southampton.

Do you know where they got the info from?

From RCI - in the letter I received from my TA we can transfer to one of below sailings:

Select Sailings: (These sailings will be released on 12th December 2017)

Ovation of the Seas 17th April 2019 – Transpacific Sydney to Honolulu Ovation of the Seas 4th May 2019 –Transpacific Honolulu to Vancouver

Who can get there easily? [emoji33]

I can, however, get to the Polynesian Village Resort @ WDW much easier than you can. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Just saying there are more options from Hawaii to FP! We have to do TP.

I bet you can get to Wally World easier than us too![emoji56]

But I can walk out my front door and see kangaroos, wombats and echidnas.[emoji12]

From RCI - in the letter I received from my TA we can transfer to one of below sailings:

Select Sailings: (These sailings will be released on 12th December 2017)

Ovation of the Seas 17th April 2019 – Transpacific Sydney to Honolulu Ovation of the Seas 4th May 2019 –Transpacific Honolulu to Vancouver

Wow that’s interesting. I didn’t think Quantum Class could get under the Lions Gate.

Unless something is in the works for Vancouver that we don’t know about

Any idea what date Ovation will arrive in Vancouver?

Edited by atgood

If it's the same as Radiance it will be a 10 or 11 nights

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

It probably will be shorter. Ovation cant get to Kauai (as Explorer couldn’t) then again, I didn’t think Ovation could get to Vancouver [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

My head is going to explode with all of this. Lol

I...I didn’t think Ovation could get to Vancouver [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

My head is going to explode with all of this. Lol

I don't think so either. I'm no expert but I understand that the air draft of Quantum class ships is around 215 feet or 65.5 metres. Clearance under the Lion's Gate is around 61 metres.

Perhaps they have a one-off arrangement to offload passengers at another dock and then sail to Seattle non revenue.

The (much) higher revenue to be gained from the double hop is good motivation to find a way to make it happen.

I don't think so either. I'm no expert but I understand that the air draft of Quantum class ships is around 215 feet or 65.5 metres. Clearance under the Lion's Gate is around 61 metres.

Perhaps they have a one-off arrangement to offload passengers at another dock and then sail to Seattle non revenue.

The (much) higher revenue to be gained from the double hop is good motivation to find a way to make it happen.

non-revenue won't be necessary. It will most likely do an open-jaw sailing from Vancouver to Seattle (and Seattle to Vancouver in the fall). Similar to what Celebrity Solstice does every year.

I'm with ya on the bridge but apparently someone at Royal knows something we don't. We shall have to see.

Wow that’s interesting. I didn’t think Quantum Class could get under the Lions Gate.

Unless something is in the works for Vancouver that we don’t know about

She might dock at the cargo port at Tsawassen .

I'm confused - what is it that you are expecting? A lot of the Med ports can only accommodate smaller ships. Plus, Explorer could come back to Europe. Voyager is likely taking over Southampton.

I was on an excellent 12 night cruise on Mariner out of Rome in 2011 with varied ports of call. They now have Brilliance and Vision doing the longer cruises in the Mediterranean which won’t cut it for holidaying with kids. I had hoped they’d give us at least one voyager class. Southampton is, in my opinion, not a runner. Too many sea days to get to the sun and, in my opinion, too much alcohol in the people on board.