Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Thanks for info. Just have to wait and see. Might book a back up though
I would recommend getting that back up ASAP and working Royal for price protection after they "officially" do something.

Come join the fun on Serenade....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I would recommend getting that back up ASAP and working Royal for price protection after they "officially" do something.

Come join the fun on Serenade....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It's very expensive now. Oasis or Vision aren't a bad deal. Southampton ones still have to be released. Not sure about Spectrum and Explorer from Dubai to Barcelona might be an idea.

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

When Royal cancels a cruise they usually give price protection on a replacement

Which means they will let you book the same category stateroom (should any still be available) on a very small number of selected alternate cruises for the same price as you had on the cancelled cruise.

Which means they will let you book the same category stateroom (should any still be available) on a very small number of selected alternate cruises for the same price as you had on the cancelled cruise.

Thank you both for your explanation. I do hope this works out for our group. We weren't planning on cruising at this time but couldn't say no to the price + itinerary. Looking at alternative sailings, they not only are several hundred dollars more, but the itinerary is less desirable (to me). If the price was still right, maybe those other itineraries would be more attractive. Do they generally offer same types of cruises? --i.e. a Transatlantic for a cancelled Transatlantic?

Thank you both for your explanation. I do hope this works out for our group. We weren't planning on cruising at this time but couldn't say no to the price + itinerary. Looking at alternative sailings, they not only are several hundred dollars more, but the itinerary is less desirable (to me). If the price was still right, maybe those other itineraries would be more attractive. Do they generally offer same types of cruises? --i.e. a Transatlantic for a cancelled Transatlantic?

Yes, they normally gve you choices of the same types of cruises.

It's very expensive now. Oasis or Vision aren't a bad deal. Southampton ones still have to be released. Not sure about Spectrum and Explorer from Dubai to Barcelona might be an idea.

Alex...there is a large group of ex-HOTs TAers on the Oasis Spring TA...come join the fun!

When Vision Repo canceled I only had one choice, Serenade Repo. Got very lucky, acted quick when found out at 2am on CC and was able to go from corner Aft Jr suite to a corner Aft Jr Suite. Price protection saved me over $700 also got very generous OBC. Sure won't ever get this lucky again...

When Vision Repo canceled I only had one choice, Serenade Repo. Got very lucky, acted quick when found out at 2am on CC and was able to go from corner Aft Jr suite to a corner Aft Jr Suite. Price protection saved me over $700 also got very generous OBC. Sure won't ever get this lucky again...

Wow, you were lucky! Did you buy that corner aft from Shelton?

I have 9256 on Jewel. No Aft's on Oasis. If I booked a D6 on Oasis it would be £700 more expensive.

It's only £75 deposit, so wouldn't be much of a hit

There is a couple Aft's on Vision but a lot more expensive and it's 17 days. O' is 14 days, same as Jewel

If the closing of sailings for Jewel from San Juan is in fact a re-deployment, my guess would be the ship would sail to Dubai for a winter season in 2019 and then still sail from Europe for the summer season.

I have found no port bookings to support this yet, though. I just know that UAE ports have been very aggressively giving incentives to attract more capacity. This could make it worthwhile to redeploy a ship.

Spectrum of the Seas has just shown up with a Gibraltar port call on the 19th of April, 2019 and appears to head eastbound directly.
Thanks for the info. Will Spectrum maybe start from Southampton.

As for Jewel, a lot of Ta's are now showing 'sold out' prior to April 19 Ta.

Hoping to do the same thing as i got a JS corner on the Rhapsody TA booked the day before my JS corner booking on the Jewel TA leaves San Juan.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk