Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

As the above poster mentioned, it is assumed they will come out in March. The official word from Royal is that remaining 2019-2020 deployment will be released "Spring 2018".

I just don't understand why you can't enjoy Indy. We had Freedom for almost 10 years in PC. No complaints. Many actually miss her.

Quoted wrong person, sorry. Meant to quote Belfast

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I just don't understand why you can't enjoy Indy. We had Freedom for almost 10 years in PC. No complaints. Many actually miss her.

Miss Mariner much more.

I agree....patiently waiting on the Southampton Sailings with the anticipation of a new ship other than Indy and Nav for 3 years in a row!!

Now that would be lovely if Ovation did a few West Coast runs...a bucket list sailing for me. :)

I did see something in our local paper that RCI would add a third ship most probably a quantum class halfway through the season in 2019, but we will have Anthem for 2020.

Is that true that Anthem in 2020 for Southampton?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Southamton were hoping for the new Spectrum as expected next year RC said no but still looking for options to increase ex UK deployment in 2019 by adding a third ship for a partial season, Anthem will then return to So,ton in 20-20

PS i will be joining TUI Discovery ex Splendour o t sea for the second time in Barbados next week i know she getting on a bit but what a lovely little ship :halo:

Southamton were hoping for the new Spectrum as expected next year RC said no but still looking for options to increase ex UK deployment in 2019 by adding a third ship for a partial season, Anthem will then return to So,ton in 20-20

PS i will be joining TUI Discovery ex Splendour o t sea for the second time in Barbados next week i know she getting on a bit but what a lovely little ship :halo:

So you mean for 2019 , Indy explorer and voyager in Southampton ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seriously doubt that!

I think I read in the CEO's statement about Anthem coming to UK in 2020 that whilst RCI revenues were immediately down 50% after Brexit, they are now 15% up and rising so I think (hope) they have expansion plans for us over here :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I knew you meant it for me! :D There is nothing wrong with Indy my point being that Southampton has had Indy for many years and a change would be nice. I have to fly to England to sail from Southampton or Mainland Europe for other sailings and would like a bit of variety. The last few years I have sailed from US as the ships are different and the itineraries aren't same old same old for me.

I did see something in our local paper that RCI would add a third ship most probably a quantum class halfway through the season in 2019, but we will have Anthem for 2020.

Now wouldn't that be nice...is Quantum due her Dry Dock in 2019?

For those of you that have been talking about the lack of ships in the West Coast we have a series here in UK called Cruising with Jane McDonald, a TV personality who made her name singing on the cruise ships. In one episode she sailed from LA, went up to San Francisco, down to San Diego and somewhere beginning with an E in Mexico and back up to LA. Now that would be a bucket list sailing for me but she was sailing on the Ruby Princess!! My very 1st cruise was with Princess (the rest have been with RCI) but maybe it is time to look elsewhere. :(

I knew you meant it for me! :D There is nothing wrong with Indy my point being that Southampton has had Indy for many years and a change would be nice. I have to fly to England to sail from Southampton or Mainland Europe for other sailings and would like a bit of variety. The last few years I have sailed from US as the ships are different and the itineraries aren't same old same old for me.

Now wouldn't that be nice...is Quantum due her Dry Dock in 2019?

For those of you that have been talking about the lack of ships in the West Coast we have a series here in UK called Cruising with Jane McDonald, a TV personality who made her name singing on the cruise ships. In one episode she sailed from LA, went up to San Francisco, down to San Diego and somewhere beginning with an E in Mexico and back up to LA. Now that would be a bucket list sailing for me but she was sailing on the Ruby Princess!! My very 1st cruise was with Princess (the rest have been with RCI) but maybe it is time to look elsewhere. :(

I agree. For us the ship is a destination so we enjoy trying different ships. Loved Anthem when she had her maiden season from Southampton and that class is perfectly suited to mixed climate cruises whereas on Indy on a bleak bay of biscay crossing is packed indoors as there is no solarium or indoor pool area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I read in the CEO's statement about Anthem coming to UK in 2020 that whilst RCI revenues were immediately down 50% after Brexit, they are now 15% up and rising so I think (hope) they have expansion plans for us over here :)

First of all he did NOT say Anthem was coming 2020!

Second things might change dramatically once the Brexit hits the UK economy and sales drop again.

Third he might not even be the CEO by 2020....it is a long ways... I predict many changes by then..

The UK should worry why the 2019 sailings are not even released yet.... not a good sign! :eek:

We sailed from San Pedro many times on Monarch, Legend, Radiance, Viking Serenade and Mariner. The "E" port is Ensenada, Mexico. Some day RCI may come back. I just read that Carnival is launching a brand new ship Long Beach in 2019. RCI....are you listening?

Second things might change dramatically once the Brexit hits the UK economy and sales drop again.

Third he might not even be the CEO by 2020....it is a long ways... I predict many changes by then..

The UK should worry why the 2019 sailings are not even released yet.... not a good sign! :eek:

True, he said Quantum class was coming to the UK in 2020 so it isn’t necessarily Anthem, apologies for that.

..... as far as I know the CEO Michael Bayley has a 30 year career with RCI so personally his imminent departure would surprise me slightly but you may be right.

It would be strange though after the last result announcements.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After Brexit, we will be still be able to go on holiday. Tourists will still come to Uk and cruise from Uk

I will be still working, earning money and it will still be my choice what I do with it.

I started cruising in 2011 and the release date has always been March. Don't see a problem with this, and it's nothing to do with Brexit.

Then ££ to the $$ has stabilised a bit but it's not really a big deal. We now have the technology and ability to book through a Us agency if the ££ drops in the future.