Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

I thought I read somewhere its going to be a new Q class that was coming to Southampton

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

You will get Quantum or Anthem in 2020 that will homeport in Southampton. Not that new but it will work out!

On another note, it could be Quantum. As Spectrum will be replacing Ovation and Quantum. But she will need a refit to suit her to the UK market.

^ might happen is she's delivered early - there seems to be quite a bit of that going around.

Early delivery is okay IF the ship is finished and fully ready to go. The last time Royal gave the UK a brand new ship it wasn't fully ready, and got no end of bad press, hopefully they learnt from that fiasco.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

You will get Quantum or Anthem in 2020 that will homeport in Southampton. Not that new but it will work out!

On another note, it could be Quantum. As Spectrum will be replacing Ovation and Quantum. But she will need a refit to suit her to the UK market.

Does this mean that China is going from 4 ships to 2 with Spectrum and Voyager based in Asia?

Just this morning I was thinking that if she comes back to the USA, she might be doing short cruises out of Galveston. Florida already got her Voyager Class ships for short cruises.

I know that Mariner eventually ends up in Port Canaveral doing 3/4 day cruises, but which Voyager class ship will do those out of Miami?

That’s good news. We loved our Anthem ex Southampton Cruise in her maiden season and she suits the mixed climate cruises that many ex Southampton cruises are. Indy is great but not so good on the 2 day journey across the Bay Of Biscay in rain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Voyager would seem to be the likely ship for the 5/9 sailings out of Miami, but Explorer or even Quantum could be wild cards here, with that ship then going to Bayonne for Anthem to cross to Europe for the 2020 season. Or if Indy is replaced by Anthem at Southamton, Indy could go to Bayonne.

RCL has confirmed Navigator for short cruises from Miami and Mariner for short cruise out of Port Canaveral on the deployment summary. Enchantment has the short cruise market out of Galveston covered.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2019_2020/2019_2020_DEPLOYMENT_SUMMARY_GUIDE

Port Bookings confirm

Empress with short Cuba sailings out of Miami

Majesty with short Cuba sailings out of Port Everglades.

Brilliance with 4/5 day sailings out of Tampa

Rhapsody with 7 night sailings out of Tampa

Vision with 7 night sailings out of NOLA

Jewel out of San Juan

INDY with 4/5 night out of Port Everglades.

Serenade longer sailings out of Port Everglades.

Explorer or Voyager are both looking to sail to Europe at this time (Quantum could be a wild card for one of them)

Port schedules show Exlplorer with the following ports on its mini season in Europe.

End of World voyage from Asia via Dubai.

10 May 2019 Gibraltar

Cadiz/Lisbon likely.

15 May 2019 Southampton

15 May 2019 Southampton Canary Island

17 May 2019 Funchal Madeira

19 May 2019 Tenerife

20 May 2019 Gibraltar

24 May 2019 Southampton

24 May 2019 Southampton to ?

25 May 2019 Havre Ports

26 May 2019 Vigo Spain

Destination unknown......

The other ship Voyager would most likely take over all the other calls booked under Voyager, Explorer and Navigator and do MED, Canary Island and Norway sailings out of Southampton with a TransAtlantic.

Voyager would seem to be the likely ship for the 5/9 sailings out of Miami, but Explorer or even Quantum could be wild cards here, with that ship then going to Bayonne for Anthem to cross to Europe for the 2020 season. Or if Indy is replaced by Anthem at Southamton, Indy could go to Bayonne.

RCL has confirmed Navigator for short cruises from Miami and Mariner for short cruise out of Port Canaveral on the deployment summary. Enchantment has the short cruise market out of Galveston covered.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2019_2020/2019_2020_DEPLOYMENT_SUMMARY_GUIDE

Port Bookings confirm

Empress with short Cuba sailings out of Miami

Majesty with short Cuba sailings out of Port Everglades.

Brilliance with 4/5 day sailings out of Tampa

Rhapsody with 7 night sailings out of Tampa

Vision with 7 night sailings out of NOLA

Jewel out of San Juan

INDY with 4/5 night out of Port Everglades.

Serenade longer sailings out of Port Everglades.

With all the work RCI did on Quantum to send it to China and the commotion around that move, do you think they will bring her back West? I will admit, they have done one strange deployment moves including Quantum herself and in some other cases reacting to the competition. Some of those reactions have benefited some areas and ports including Ovation to Alaska and ship adds and changes to PC, Miami and PEV. I guess anything I possible from RCI. The other area that I not accounted for yet is, 9 Nt Southern Caribbean from Florida. Since Navigator is doing the short cruises out of Miami, which ship do you think will do S. Caribbean?

Thanks for all the insight you share here.

Personally, i feel that either Voyager or Explorer will stay in Asia and not having both ships return to US/Europe. Voyager may sail over for the refurbishment dued next year but I believe she will be back.

RC has been advertising their ships heavily in Singapore lately with advertisements and sponsorships for dramas to film segments on board the ships. I do not think they will be planning to pull out so many ships from Asia market after all the money they spent on them.