Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Brisbane is getting a new cruise terminal late 2019/early 2020.

I wonder if Royal Caribbean will release Brisbane itineraries when the Australia and Asia itineraries are released in a couple months time. :confused::D

Brisbane is getting a new cruise terminal late 2019/early 2020.

I wonder if Royal Caribbean will release Brisbane itineraries when the Australia and Asia itineraries are released in a couple months time. :confused::D

I would really like to see Brisbane return to the list of Homeports. Could Radiance do a spilt Auckland/Brisbane/Melbourne schedule alongside at least one Voyager class ship and one Quantum class ship in Sydney?

That would be great! But any source for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing official but there is a reason why Southampton departures are published later than the rest of North Europe and that is not Brexit or a change from Navigator to Explorer. In the past years Southampton always came first.

MSC has released its Southampton deployment. But not NCL yet.

Nothing official but there is a reason why Southampton departures are published later than the rest of North Europe and that is not Brexit or a change from Navigator to Explorer. In the past years Southampton always came first.

I don’t know if this has something to do with Spectrum? Months ago there were also reports going through the www that Voyager comes back to Europe, and now several cruise call lists have conflicting information whether Voyager comes back to Europe, Explorer or even both.

Maybe RCI still needs to allocate those ships and their deployments are not finalized yet.

As such, Spectrum is more or less confirmed for Far East, but so was the final NCL Breakaway Plus new build as well, to be delivers by the end of 2019.

Now it’s going to sail out of Miami instead of Far East, as originally planned.

Maybe same will happen to Spectrum as well that she will sail Western waters and not go to Far East?!

China cruise business growth recently slowed down so many cruise lines udjust their strategy.

However, the biggest argument for Spectrum in North Europe is that she is LNG powered. Something that is benefical or even required in the near future in this area but not in China and most of Asia yet.

The issue is that Spectrum is not able to enter some ports and fjords in North Europe. Navigator is already at the edge and has to bypass some nice stops so for Spectrum a lot of routings have to be different. E.g. no Stockholm or Bergen or Geiranger.

China cruise business growth recently slowed down so many cruise lines udjust their strategy.

However, the biggest argument for Spectrum in North Europe is that she is LNG powered. Something that is benefical or even required in the near future in this area but not in China and most of Asia yet.

The issue is that Spectrum is not able to enter some ports and fjords in North Europe. Navigator is already at the edge and has to bypass some nice stops so for Spectrum a lot of routings have to be different. E.g. no Stockholm or Bergen or Geiranger.

Independence can probably do Bergen and Geiranger. Navigator did attempt Stockholm in 2007, but there was an issue there hence why she hasn't returned in subsequent Southampton seasons.

Why wouldn’t it be possible for her to call at Bergen? Other huge ships can do so as well: MSC Meraviglia, Preziosa, P&O Britannia, Independence And Navigator otS. And Geirangerfjord should be possible as well, and if not, there’s several cruises excluding Geirangerfjord.

I agree with Stockholm and Bergen, but since 2013 RCI deploys two ships from Southampton, the other one is a Voyager ship, which certainly could do the Baltic runs.

What’s the latest on ships out of Southampton for summer 2019? Any ideas on release dates too?

No defintie release dates yet, but it's speculated to be released by March or so.

The ships currently speculated for the Southampton deployment are Independence and Voyager or Explorer (conflicting information between the latter two).

Apart from Saab944's comments, currently there's absolutely no evidence that Spectrum is going to spend a full Southampton season in 2019.

Apart from Saab944's comments, currently there's absolutely no evidence that Spectrum is going to spend a full Southampton season in 2019.

I seriously doubt Spectrum will spend a season in Southampton also

Don’t get me wrong, if that was an Apple like “Oh one more thing” bombshell announcement I would welp with joy for approximately 3 weeks straight!!

I seriously doubt Spectrum will spend a season in Southampton also

Don’t get me wrong, if that was an Apple like “Oh one more thing” bombshell announcement I would welp with joy for approximately 3 weeks straight!!

One should not forget that RCI is deploying two ships out of China between April and October roughly, one of them even year-round.

Now that Ovation is going to leave Far East during the summer season 2019 and appears to sail Australia/NZ after that, one Quantum Class ship disappears.

So I am sure Spectrum is the one to replace Ovation on the Far East deployment, so that RCI keeps on having two Quantm Class ships in summer for Asia.

Time will tell where she sails during winter 2019/20.

One should not forget that RCI is deploying two ships out of China between April and October roughly, one of them even year-round.

Now that Ovation is going to leave Far East during the summer season 2019 and appears to sail Australia/NZ after that, one Quantum Class ship disappears.

So I am sure Spectrum is the one to replace Ovation on the Far East deployment, so that RCI keeps on having two Quantm Class ships in summer for Asia.

Time will tell where she sails during winter 2019/20.

Agree with you on this. Since Ovation is gone, I think Spectrum will replace her.