Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

I think this may be a reliable (although somewhat vague) source for Spectrum of the Seas spending a summer season sailing out of Southampton.

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/royal-caribbean-boss-the-uk-will-be-getting-a-brand-new-ship-in-next-few-years-4936

Happy to admit its a vague indication but its certainly credible in my eyes.

I think this may be a reliable (although somewhat vague) source for Spectrum of the Seas spending a summer season sailing out of Southampton.

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/royal-caribbean-boss-the-uk-will-be-getting-a-brand-new-ship-in-next-few-years-4936

Happy to admit its a vague indication but its certainly credible in my eyes.

Looks hopeful.

I do think it will be Q4. Spectrum will have limited ports from Southampton and crossing the Bay of Biscay wouldn't be a pleasant journey..

I'm a little late to this thread but have a question which I think pertains to the discussion. I'm looking ahead to summer 2019 cruises out of the US and several ships that are on the calendar for 2018 are only listed for up to March or April in 2019. Some of them being Brilliance, Empress, Explorer, Independence, Majesty, Vision, etc. Are the schedules for those ships what is to come out in Spring 2018?

I’m so excited for it all to be released, but hate it that RC leave it so late!

Me too! I'm so ready to book something but waiting to see if there will be a Norweign fjords out of Southampton in May 2019. The only one I've seen that would work for us so far is on the Sapphire Princess but that ship seems to have quite a few mixed reviews.

I'm a little late to this thread but have a question which I think pertains to the discussion. I'm looking ahead to summer 2019 cruises out of the US and several ships that are on the calendar for 2018 are only listed for up to March or April in 2019. Some of them being Brilliance, Empress, Explorer, Independence, Majesty, Vision, etc. Are the schedules for those ships what is to come out in Spring 2018?

Yes, rest of dates are supposed to come out sometime next month in March...

Hopeful that we'll either get some new itineraries or a Quantum class from Southampton in 2019....... but always the dreamer.

Some chap was tracking ship deployments/predictions last year and he was pretty accurate. He was predicting VOS replacing Navigator, I’ll guess we'll know soon enough. :cool:

Yes sorry I meant a Dubai Winter Season :)

Don’t know if they’ll do that route again. We did a b2b from Dubai with Serenade about 3 years ago and prices were so cheap (even taking into account flight from UK). RC said they were not cost effective which is a shame as a great cruise [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are the chances for RCI returning to Dubai? :confused: It is on my bucket list.

I think the chances are quite high again.

RCI has come and gone 3 times so far, each time taking huge incentives from the regional governments. Dubai is building a second terminal and is projecting very high passenger number growth.

RCL has booked Azamara to the new MSC owned private island, Sir Bani Yas and it would most likely be a part of any plans to return to the region.

Carnival Corp brands Costa, Cunard and P&O have booked a few stops at the island and have increased deployment to the region.

I would think Dubai deployment would possible be with Explorer, Voyager or Quantum.

Edited by MADflyer

I think the chances are quite high again.

RCI has come and gone 3 times so far, each time taking huge incentives from the regional governments. Dubai is building a second terminal and is projecting very high passenger number growth.

RCL has booked Azamara to the new MSC owned private island, Sir Bani Yas and it would most likely be a part of any plans to return to the region.

Carnival Corp brands Costa, Cunard and P&O have booked a few stops at the island and have increased deployment to the region.

I would think Dubai deployment would possible be with Explorer, Voyager or Quantum.

Fingers crossed then! :D

Oooooh...a Quantum Class Ship for Southampton in 2020!

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/quantum-class-ship-for-southampton-13145

Just in time for Anthem's Dry Dock?

Anthems dry dock would tie in very nicely with this announcement.

Perfect timing for us as we already have 2018 and 2019 cruises booked!

Sent from my iPad using Forums