Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Which means they will let you book the same category stateroom (should any still be available) on a very small number of selected alternate cruises for the same price as you had on the cancelled cruise.

And most cabins and categories are gone

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hmmm. So much to consider.

Since Jewel is still sailing from Rome on May 11th, what is the supposition as to where it's arriving from? I really wanted to disembark in Rome.

Wonder if they'll offer the Serenade TA. That might console me a bit.

Given that the Jewel spring TA has been withdrawn from sale for a couple of days, but the Europe cruises that follow are still on sale, it seems likely that a different ship will do the cruises from Rome. They can move passengers booked on the TA to another ship. Disappearance of the Caribbean cruises from Jan to April 2019 is harder to explain. Maybe just a Royal stuff up? Best guess is Jewel to Alaska after April to replace Explorer, then to Australia after September to be home ported at Brisbane (when new terminal opens) or shared with Sydney.

Voyager goes to Rome perhaps. She currently appears in Kai Tak regularly from Mar to Oct 2019. Maybe Quantum will replace her in HK for that season, then she goes to Sydney for the southern summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Given that the Jewel spring TA has been withdrawn from sale for a couple of days, but the Europe cruises that follow are still on sale, it seems likely that a different ship will do the cruises from Rome. They can move passengers booked on the TA to another ship. Disappearance of the Caribbean cruises from Jan to April 2019 is harder to explain. Maybe just a Royal stuff up? Best guess is Jewel to Alaska after April to replace Explorer, then to Australia after September to be home ported at Brisbane (when new terminal opens) or shared with Sydney.

Voyager goes to Rome perhaps. She currently appears in Kai Tak regularly from Mar to Oct 2019. Maybe Quantum will replace her in HK for that season, then she goes to Sydney for the southern summer.

Is there some port booking that shows Jewel or a second Radiance Class ship in the Pacific?

Best guess is Jewel to Alaska after April to replace Explorer

Ovation is already doing exactly Explorer's Alaska itineraries, home ported in Seattle just like Explorer.

I don't see RCL putting another ship in Alaska to "take away" revenue/bookings from Ovation.... there's already a huge increase of berths including the new NCL Bliss but who really knows?

How about this for a very wild unsubstantiated idea....

7 day coastals Vancouver to San Fran intermixed with a few Hawaii cruises to/from Vancouver throughout the summer :)

Is there some port booking that shows Jewel or a second Radiance Class ship in the Pacific?

None found. Just speculation, based on Brisbane's new terminal planned to be completed late 2019 and Explorer leaving Alaska and probably Australia (I'm assuming she will be replaced in both markets).

BTW, Royal is a financial partner in the Brisbane port terminal so it's highly likely they will home port a ship there for the full southern summer season.

Also expect more visits and perhaps turnarounds for other ships in the Royal stable, including Celebrity and Azamara.

Carnival is also a fnancial partner.

None found. Just speculation, based on Brisbane's new terminal planned to be completed late 2019 and Explorer leaving Alaska and probably Australia (I'm assuming she will be replaced in both markets).

What I am seeing now is that 2 ships will depart Hong Kong bound for Southampton a week apart based on port bookings. It would seem that Explorer would depart from Hong Kong on the 18th of April and arrive at Gibraltar on the 10th of May, 2019.

It would seem that Voyager would leave the 23rd of April and arrive at Gibraltar on the 17th of May, 2019.

Both Voyager and Explorer would port at Southampton on the 24th of May, 2019.

One of them would depart from Southampton that day and head eastbound again or to a brief dry dock or further revitalization and then return eastbound to Hong Kong and arrive back in Hong Kong on the 8th of July. A ship in class has sailings from Hong Kong during August and September and then would move to Singapore for October and November and could also call in Australia following that. The ship could even stay in Singapore.

I had always thought that Quantum would dry dock in Europe, but that may not be the case unless one of these ships were Quantum.

What I am seeing now is that 2 ships will depart Hong Kong bound for Southampton a week apart based on port bookings. It would seem that Explorer would depart from Hong Kong on the 18th of April and arrive at Gibraltar on the 10th of May, 2019.

It would seem that Voyager would leave the 23rd of April and arrive at Gibraltar on the 17th of May, 2019.

Both Voyager and Explorer would port at Southampton on the 24th of May, 2019.

One of them would depart from Southampton that day and head eastbound again or to a brief dry dock or further revitalization and then return eastbound to Hong Kong and arrive back in Hong Kong on the 8th of July. A ship in class has sailings from Hong Kong during August and September and then would move to Singapore for October and November and could also call in Australia following that. The ship could even stay in Singapore.

Explorer arrives in Singapore on April 13, from Sydney.

To arrive in Gibraltar on May 10 (per port bookng), 27 days later, she'd have to go take a more direct route wouldn't she? (Ie not to HK and back first).

Also, perhaps Spectrum is the ship that goes eastbound.

Ovation is already doing exactly Explorer's Alaska itineraries, home ported in Seattle just like Explorer.

I don't see RCL putting another ship in Alaska to "take away" revenue/bookings from Ovation.... there's already a huge increase of berths including the new NCL Bliss but who really knows?

7 day coastals Vancouver to San Fran intermixed with a few Hawaii cruises to/from Vancouver throughout the summer :)

You can dream.

I hope you are correct as this would mean a Pan Can for Jewel

Novel idea. You never know. [emoji846]

If the categories are gone, might get better Obc???

They are giving everyone the same thing!

It is a standard process!

They are re-booking thousands of passengers - they are not going to haggle with every single one of them! :rolleyes:

You get the offer they want to make - you can choose A, B or C end of story!

If the closing of sailings for Jewel from San Juan is in fact a re-deployment, my guess would be the ship would sail to Dubai for a winter season in 2019 and then still sail from Europe for the summer season.

I have found no port bookings to support this yet, though. I just know that UAE ports have been very aggressively giving incentives to attract more capacity. This could make it worthwhile to redeploy a ship.

Now this would be perfect...how many times have I asked about Dubai sailings? Hopefully I will get my wish!! :ship:

If the closing of sailings for Jewel from San Juan is in fact a re-deployment, my guess would be the ship would sail to Dubai for a winter season in 2019 and then still sail from Europe for the summer season.

I have found no port bookings to support this yet, though. I just know that UAE ports have been very aggressively giving incentives to attract more capacity. This could make it worthwhile to redeploy a ship.

Well, I could still book her fall 2019 TA to San Juan, so I don’t see any signs RCI is going to cancel her San Juan deployment. Further RCI would need another ship to fit in for her on the San Juan winter sailings, so I hardly believe this is going to happen... ;)

Nevertheless I would be very happy to see RCI returning to Dubai and UAE. Don’t know if Rhapsody or Vision would be realistic candidates?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are giving everyone the same thing!

It is a standard process!

They are re-booking thousands of passengers - they are not going to haggle with every single one of them! :rolleyes:

You get the offer they want to make - you can choose A, B or C end of story!

Thanks. Makes sense.

Never had a cancelled cruise before. This one isn't yet but not looking good

Well, I could still book her fall 2019 TA to San Juan, so I don’t see any signs RCI is going to cancel her San Juan deployment. Further RCI would need another ship to fit in for her on the San Juan winter sailings, so I hardly believe this is going to happen... ;)

Nevertheless I would be very happy to see RCI returning to Dubai and UAE. Don’t know if Rhapsody or Vision would be realistic candidates?

Greek Islands and Eastern Med is commanding high prices for 2018,

Friends was going to book Rhapsody and it was £3000 for 8 nights with direct flights from Edinburgh.

Maybe they will move Rhapsody to Dubai and Jewel to Venice and Voyager to Civitavecchia.

Just a thought

Indy and Navigator are shown in Gibraltar a few times over the 2019 summer. so I assume Med sailings out of UK on them.

Vision, Jewel, Brilliance and Rhapsody shown at French riviera ports over the 2019 summer, so assume Med runs on those.

Jewel shows return on TA to San Juan but mother after that. Possibly moving Jewel as Freedom already shows.

Jewel shows return on TA to San Juan but mother after that. Possibly moving Jewel as Freedom already shows.

Now for many many years RCI deploys two ships from San Juan during winter season. Just because Freedom will replace Adventure there’s no reason to move Jewel or another Radiance-Class ship away from that port. [emoji6] further NCL invades San Juan with Epic in 2019/20, so RCI needs to protect their SJU winter home with two ships.

The 2019/20 winter Caribbean deployment is not out yet, so it could just be the winter SJU cruises in Jewel and Freedom just will be released soon.