Steakhouse

dvdisney

We will be cruising the Carnival Vista over Christmas. We are considering doing the steakhouse one night (possibly the 1st night) I see the MDR is offering my fave strawberry bisque. Would I be able to request it in the steakhouse? Also hubby is asking if he can request more than one lobster tail in the steakhouse as we can in the mdr?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-S920L using Forums mobile app

We ate in the steakhouse just one time & it was on our last cruise. We loved it and will definitely eat there again. I do not remember being able to request anything that wasn't on the menu. You have to pay for the dinner. Ours cost approximately $70. So I would imagine if you wanted another lobster tail you could get it b\c you'd be paying for it. To be honest the steaks were huge. There was so much food served we couldn't eat the dessert that came with the meal & my husband never met a dessert he didn't like!

we will be cruising the carnival vista over christmas. We are considering doing the steakhouse one night (possibly the 1st night) i see the mdr is offering my fave strawberry bisque. Would i be able to request it in the steakhouse? Also hubby is asking if he can request more than one lobster tail in the steakhouse as we can in the mdr?

Thanks!

Sent from my sm-s920l using forums mobile app

no & no.

While your question has been answered I thought I'd share that we have had two meals in the steakhouse and my wife has had the filet both times and I had the surf and turf and the ribeye. All of the meals were excellent and honestly I never knew that a ribeye could be so tender and flavorful. I don't think you will be disappointed. :)

Yes, you can order it for an extra charge, but you can only get 1 appetizer and 1 salad/soup (or any 2 from either section) 1 entree and 1 dessert for the included charge. So the limitation is not just for the entree but for all the courses.

That said, I can usually eat a couple of appetizers, sometimes I will get a second entree at dinner. But I was sooooo full after the steakhouse meal I didn't feel like I could eat any more than what they included in the standard meal. It was the best specialty restaurant we have eaten at. The surf and turf was excellent.

The lobster tail in the steak house is 9oz so 2-3 times the one in the MDR. I often order it as it is outstanding. The surf and turf is a 4oz tail and 4 oz filet if you want the combo. DH gets the rib eye and it's about 20 oz so very easy for me to share a few bites of lobster and have some nibbles off his steak. Win win.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
And I believe you can order any of the steakhouse entrees and have them delivered to your table in the MDR for that same $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not quite. There are a few "steakhouse selections" available in the MDR for a $20 upcharge. I don't believe that it is the entirety of the steakhouse entree menu.