Taking alcohol on board

Host Sharon

But where oh where is the menu! [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry I don’t have one, it’s a booklet with 30 to 40 + wines I suppose we now know what we like so don’t need the menu.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry I don’t have one, it’s a booklet with 30 to 40 + wines I suppose we now know what we like so don’t need the menu.

Not to worry I’ll take some pics when we’re onboard end of May - it’s the sort of thing that’s always available on other lines pages

But where oh where is the menu! [emoji30]

On the other hand this is the one on the website. I take it that it is up to date.

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/main_wine_list_no_price.pdf

But no prices. From memory they start at about £16.50 with a good selection under £20. Including my Billi Billi.

Whats Billi Billi daiB?.

I just drink the Old Speckled Hen on board.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Billi Billi is a very nice Sharaz, I think ( we don't look too closely at the price because we like it ) that it was around £20 per bottle in the MDR.:wine-glass::wine-glass:

Billi Billi is a very nice Sharaz, I think ( we don't look too closely at the price because we like it ) that it was around £20 per bottle in the MDR.:wine-glass::wine-glass:

That’s the one, I think it was £18.95. Less 10% of course or if we had OBC, free.

Whats Billi Billi daiB?.

I just drink the Old Speckled Hen on board.

As you have seen it’s a Shiraz with a silly Australian name. I am by far more likely to be drinking Anderson’s gin with Fever Tree tonic and of course a slice of pink grapefruit.

Thanks,i buy lots of bottles of red wine for my niece at home Malbec, Shiraz etc.

On the other hand this is the one on the website. I take it that it is up to date.

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/main_wine_list_no_price.pdf

But no prices. From memory they start at about £16.50 with a good selection under £20. Including my Billi Billi.

Thanks - I’m sure we’ll be pleasantly surprised at the reasonable prices compared to all of our previous cruises [emoji847]

Thanks - I’m sure we’ll be pleasantly surprised at the reasonable prices compared to all of our previous cruises [emoji847]

Ouch,I know it depends on what you are used to paying but when my Wife loves the Shiraz I buy from a guy in work who goes abroad a lot for £16 for a case of 6 bottles I can see why she won't touch wine on board!

We buy the Captains choice wine selection. That gives you 12 bottles for £200 less 10% discount. We only use it for the Billi Billi or the Stoneburn Sauv Blanc. Excellent value for money.

We buy the Captains choice wine selection. That gives you 12 bottles for £200 less 10% discount. We only use it for the Billi Billi or the Stoneburn Sauv Blanc. Excellent value for money.

Mmmm interesting.... the De Loach Chardonnay retails at approx £14 per bottle which, if I bought the 9 bottle package, is only £17.50 per bottle onboard!

Mmmm interesting.... the De Loach Chardonnay retails at approx £14 per bottle which, if I bought the 9 bottle package, is only £17.50 per bottle onboard!

Yes we found the mark up on the Shiraz is equally low.

Agreed. As I said before, the cabin spirits and wine prices are reasonable. Its the bottled beer prices that are extortionate, even with a package, if they have one, a bottle of beer costs over 3 times the UK supermarket price.

Just got off Aurora yesterday. Checks at Southampton or any port were hit and miss. Some people were asked to hand in alcohol especially in Gibraltar where it's cheap. One lady had 3 bottles and they took 2 but left her one! In the other ports they often didn't check. I didn't get any in port though I did take a bottle of brandy on at Southampton. I also ordered some gin and tonics from Room Service; cheaper than Tesco!

Agreed. As I said before, the cabin spirits and wine prices are reasonable. Its the bottled beer prices that are extortionate, even with a package, if they have one, a bottle of beer costs over 3 times the UK supermarket price.

Didn't think the bottles were too bad really,I was paying £5.50 for 2 bottles of alcohol free,ok somewhat more than I would pay in a supermarket but have often seen the same priced at £8 & more in restaurants & hotels,lets face it you would be hard pressed IME to find any pub selling beer as cheap as you can find it in supermarkets where you can often find multipacks which work out at only around £1 a pint.

This is the in cabin price list, they are all Ltr bottles and generally export strength

d80969e332dda0661501cb3de9c5b860.jpg

So, it`s still ok to order a bottle of spirts from the Room Service drinks menu and drink it in your cabin? We were under the impression this had also stopped, can anyone clarify please. We are on Arcadia in October for 28 nights and it would be nice to be able to have a drink on the Balcony.

Regards to all

W&P

So, it`s still ok to order a bottle of spirts from the Room Service drinks menu and drink it in your cabin? We were under the impression this had also stopped, can anyone clarify please. We are on Arcadia in October for 28 nights and it would be nice to be able to have a drink on the Balcony.

Regards to all

W&P

The above is current our latest experience was in January

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Regards to all

W&P

There are no restrictions whatsoever on what you can buy from room service.

Many thanks for the clarification to my question. We read somewhere that you could buy a bottle from room service but it would be held till the night before the end of the cruise.

Must have been someone scare mongering.

Regards to all

W&P

Many thanks for the clarification to my question. We read somewhere that you could buy a bottle from room service but it would be held till the night before the end of the cruise.

Must have been someone scare mongering.

Regards to all

W&P

People are confusing room service with Duty Free. Different prices different products, different people. The DF is a separate company running the outlet for P&O