Taking alcohol on board

Host Sharon

People are confusing room service with Duty Free. Different prices different products, different people. The DF is a separate company running the outlet for P&O

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That`s not so bad then at least you can enjoy a tipple at your leisure then. I will just bring the Tia Maria as I didn`t see it on the room service menu.

Thanks again

Regards to all

W&P

• 2 months later...
So, it`s still ok to order a bottle of spirts from the Room Service drinks menu and drink it in your cabin? We were under the impression this had also stopped, can anyone clarify please. We are on Arcadia in October for 28 nights and it would be nice to be able to have a drink on the Balcony.

Regards to all

W&P

Just returned in the past week from Oceana and unfortunately the option to buy a bottle of spirits is no longer available. Room service now only relates to miniatures and pre mixed single measures of G&T etc

Neil

:rolleyes:

Just returned in the past week from Oceana and unfortunately the option to buy a bottle of spirits is no longer available. Room service now only relates to miniatures and pre mixed single measures of G&T etc

Neil

Ouch, now that does seem to be penny pinching. Changing the alcohol policy was quite a big move earlier this year for many cruisers and then now to change this one as well seems like too many changes in a short time to me.

Why don't they just move to an AI package and get on with it and stop messing about. We all know where this is leading ---- its called "Let's make it look expensive and then the AI will look better". :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Ouch, now that does seem to be penny pinching. Changing the alcohol policy was quite a big move earlier this year for many cruisers and then now to change this one as well seems like too many changes in a short time to me.

Why don't they just move to an AI package and get on with it and stop messing about. We all know where this is leading ---- its called "Let's make it look expensive and then the AI will look better". :rolleyes:

I saw a P&O tweet last week that they are going to be trailing AI soon. We have already decided that we don't want AI because we are both very light drinkers. AI is one of the reasons that we rarely book Celebrity because we feel the prices are high to take account of the drinks (nothing is truly free)

Neil

Neil were you refused a bottle as I have seen reports like this before but when I have been on a ship it was always available.

Neil were you refused a bottle as I have seen reports like this before but when I have been on a ship it was always available.

I asked my cabin steward and also rang room service and the answer was the same that the option to buy a bottle was no longer available.

I did not make further enquiries at reception but accepted it as a change of policy.

Neil

I asked my cabin steward and also rang room service and the answer was the same that the option to buy a bottle was no longer available.

I did not make further enquiries at reception but accepted it as a change of policy.

Neil

Thanks.

I saw a P&O tweet last week that they are going to be trailing AI soon. We have already decided that we don't want AI because we are both very light drinkers. AI is one of the reasons that we rarely book Celebrity because we feel the prices are high to take account of the drinks (nothing is truly free)

What I was thinking was an AI option ..... not an AI cruise as I agree this would be unfair. We are on Celebrity soon and have a drinks package included with the option of topping up to a premium package with out OBC.

Neil

Thanks for the update.

It will be interesting to hear from others over the coming weeks if this is a permanent policy change or just a one off glitch on one ship.

The cynical among us did suggest that this would be the next step when this all started with the alcohol restrictions.

If this does turn out to be a policy change across the fleet then yet again the change will have been imposed without notice and done after people have booked many months / years ahead. It appears to be becoming a habit with P&O however I will reserve judgement until more information is available.

Can anyone on a cruise in the next few months report back please.

We got off Ventura on 1st July and we were allowed to buy a bottle of Gin from Room Service. The price has gone up I think as the price list on this thread said that Gordon's Gin was £19 but we actually paid £22 for it.
Thanks Pat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

We got off Ventura on 1st July and we were allowed to buy a bottle of Gin from Room Service. The price has gone up I think as the price list on this thread said that Gordon's Gin was £19 but we actually paid £22 for it.

Thanks. That’s still a reasonable price even with a slight rise.

I also heard by e-mail last week that P&O were going to trial AI. The e-mail was from a well known cruise club. I tried to find out more from the P&O website but couldn’t find anything so thought it might have been incorrect.

Heard from P&O. They are trialling AI on one ship at the moment. They don't know yet if they will roll it out to the rest of the fleet.

I think the important word is “going” if it were happening we would know about it.

I think the important word is “going” if it were happening we would know about it.

I'm just repeating the answer I got from P&O. They are trialling AI at the moment on one ship. I guess if they don't get any problems they will consider rolling it out.

I'm just repeating the answer I got from P&O. They are trialling AI at the moment on one ship. I guess if they don't get any problems they will consider rolling it out.

Given how emotive an issue this would be (there are many of us who would not welcome AI on P&O), I am staggered that if it is being trialled on a ship that news hasn’t reached this forum!

Given how emotive an issue this would be (there are many of us who would not welcome AI on P&O), I am staggered that if it is being trialled on a ship that news hasn’t reached this forum!

Or any forum.

So, it`s still ok to order a bottle of spirts from the Room Service drinks menu and drink it in your cabin? We were under the impression this had also stopped, can anyone clarify please. We are on Arcadia in October for 28 nights and it would be nice to be able to have a drink on the Balcony.

Regards to all

W&P

There was some confusion about this on a recent cruise on the aurora. They had the room service laminates in all the cabins but trying to order a bottle was an entirely different issue. Spoke to a few people who weren't able to order bottles and were just told "we're not doing that". Bit strange, but that whole trip had a load of issues.

Or any forum.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I asked P&O about the rumours that they were trialling AI. They replied that they are trialling it on one ship but have not made a decision to roll it out to others. This was a reply from P&O to my question on Twitter. Sorry if it's hard to believe but that's what they said. :)

As I mentioned in my previous post, I asked P&O about the rumours that they were trialling AI. They replied that they are trialling it on one ship but have not made a decision to roll it out to others. This was a reply from P&O to my question on Twitter. Sorry if it's hard to believe but that's what they said. :)
Which ship and when?.

What I was thinking was an AI option ..... not an AI cruise as I agree this would be unfair. We are on Celebrity soon and have a drinks package included with the option of topping up to a premium package with out OBC.

Be aware that the upgrade price on Celebrity has increased quite significantly ($10pd to $14 pd), happened to us in June. It maybe just out of Soton though. As the increase happened after we had booked I successfully argued this with Celebrity and they refunded the $4pppd as OBC so we upgraded for the $10 price. Worth checking out before you go if you intend to upgrade - we always do, better wine, spirit and Martini choice.

Which ship and when?.

They didn't tell me that but said if I wanted further information, to DM them. I wasn't interested enough to do that. I am beginning to slightly resent the implication that I'm making this up! Why not ask them yourself?

they didn't tell me that but said if i wanted further information, to dm them. I wasn't interested enough to do that. I am beginning to slightly resent the implication that i'm making this up! Why not ask them yourself?

👍👍👍