$100 Carnival E-cards now on AARP

villagenut

I ordered one and got the e-mail confirmation but no e-mail with the actual e-gift card as of yet. I've ordered these from Verizon Rewards and got the e-gift card very quickly, almost immediately after receiving the confirmation. How long has it taken to get them from AARP in your experience?

I ordered one and got the e-mail confirmation but no e-mail with the actual e-gift card as of yet. I've ordered these from Verizon Rewards and got the e-gift card very quickly, almost immediately after receiving the confirmation. How long has it taken to get them from AARP in your experience?

I got my confirmation and gift card email at the same time, one right after the other. Maybe check your spam.

This is my plan exactly. How did you do it?

You login to your Carnival account and access your booking. On that Cruise Manager page for your booking there will be a "Cheers and Bottomless Bubbles" section, click on the "Purchase Package" button adjacent. You will have the option of using a credit card or gift card to pay.

You login to your Carnival account and access your booking. On that Cruise Manager page for your booking there will be a "Cheers and Bottomless Bubbles" section, click on the "Purchase Package" button adjacent. You will have the option of using a credit card or gift card to pay.

Thank you! 3 cards to go, then :)

isnt this like me buying an olive garden $50 gift card and using it on myself when i can just forego buying the card and just pay $50 for the meal?

I dont see the advantage..i do see the advantage if someone knew i was cruising and bought 2 gift cards for me to apply towards my cruise..what am i missing?

isnt this like me buying an olive garden $50 gift card and using it on myself when i can just forego buying the card and just pay $50 for the meal?

I dont see the advantage..i do see the advantage if someone knew i was cruising and bought 2 gift cards for me to apply towards my cruise..what am i missing?

It's as if you paid $45 for the $50 gift card. :)

You don't pay $50 for the card, you pay $45. All the gift cards get a 10% discount when you use your AARP (or Verizon, if you're a Verizon customer) points for the purchase.

The advantage is it took about a minute and a few mouse clicks to save $20. That may not seem like a lot to many people, but it adds up. I bought a few of the larger amounts to pay off my last Carnival Cruise and saved $200. I'll take a 10% discount any day.

Does anyone know how often these are available from AARP?

I never really timed the days between gift cards being sold out and then becoming available again, but I'll guess every 10 to 14 days. I check more often than that, it's not that hard to do.

On an upcoming Horizon cruise, I have used a variety of price drops, AMEX 20% discounts and Verizon Wireless/AARP to shave about $800 off a spa balcony cabin fare.

That is great. I wondered if this was a once a year kind of thing but sounds like they are around often and if you are good about looking you can get them! I got 4 yesterday and would love to get a few more in the coming months to cut up to 350.00 off my final cruise payment! Thanks for your reply!

I never really timed the days between gift cards being sold out and then becoming available again, but I'll guess every 10 to 14 days. I check more often than that, it's not that hard to do.

On an upcoming Horizon cruise, I have used a variety of price drops, AMEX 20% discounts and Verizon Wireless/AARP to shave about $800 off a spa balcony cabin fare.

I picked up my 3rd one this morning to pay off my cruise balance and pre pay gratuities. Total $30 saved with all 3 bought which can now go towards paying for the shuttle from MCO to Pt. Canaveral. Yay.

I've never seen them stay available for so long. Every time I would check AARP, they've always been sold out and I bought my first 2 on Monday and here it is Wednesday and they're still available. Not complaining of course....I just wish I had enough on my CC to snatch up more of them.