Hurricane Irma Watch

Great, thanks. Our ship doesn't leave until Monday, 9/11 on the Enchantment of the Seas, as far as I can see this trip hasn't been cancelled yet, since it's still too far away. I'm going to try calling RCI now and hopefully I'm not on hold too long.

husky01, please post there answer. My wife and I are scheduled on the Enchantment on 9/11 also. I doubt

I will to go into an area where a hurricane just passed.......we're from south Louisiana, so we have seen a hurricane or two!

Captain is announcing on Harmony the updated itinerary. We are stopping at Costa Maya on Friday and at our regularly scheduled Cozumel on Thursday. The latest we would get back is Tuesday.

My brother and his family are on Harmony in Star Class, the 4 bedroom Suite. I think they are going to enjoy the extra days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

husky01, please post there answer. My wife and I are scheduled on the Enchantment on 9/11 also. I doubt

I will to go into an area where a hurricane just passed.......we're from south Louisiana, so we have seen a hurricane or two!

Just got off the phone with RCI. They told me the same information everyone has been receiving. It's a wait and see game. He did mention since I have the insurance to not cancel yet and to wait and see if they cancel the cruise. I would not be entitled to a refund or any other compensation they would offer, if I cancel before they do. So that's something to keep in mind for everyone who's considering cancelling.

Just got off the phone with RCI. They told me the same information everyone has been receiving. It's a wait and see game. He did mention since I have the insurance to not cancel yet and to wait and see if they cancel the cruise. I would not be entitled to a refund or any other compensation they would offer, if I cancel before they do. So that's something to keep in mind for everyone who's considering cancelling.

Thanks, we have the insurance also.

So we live in Orlando and are going to do the 5 day cruise of oasis now leaving on Tuesday.... how do i reschedule activities on the boat? I read somewhere shore excursions are done once we are on the boat. I'm grateful we can still go... I'd rather be cruising than stuck at home without electricity for the week! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So we live in Orlando and are going to do the 5 day cruise of oasis now leaving on Tuesday.... how do i reschedule activities on the boat? I read somewhere shore excursions are done once we are on the boat. I'm grateful we can still go... I'd rather be cruising than stuck at home without electricity for the week! Lol

You would be able to go to the Shore Excursions desk once onboard to make plans.

Irma is a 400 mile wide storm. Much wider than the state of Florida from west coast to east coast. No matter where you

are in Florida, if it continues on the forecast path...you are not safe. Irma is a bulldozer that would cover the entire state

if it rips up the middle.

RCI (IMHO) is being generous to refund money...though they did not cause the situation. They are having to deal

with this thing also. As are all Florida residents. I just hope I have a home to go back to and am worried about my

friends and family too.

Be safe everyone.

Pat, you and Bucky are like turtles. You carry your home with you. [emoji2]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Pat, you and Bucky are like turtles. You carry your home with you. [emoji2]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

LOL!! Yeah, the home on wheels (turtle shell land yacht :p). Fortunately parked here outside of Bar Harbor Maine right now.

Hope you keep safe, and hope our homes come through without serious damage also.

Feel helpless up here, worrying about our neighbors/families/friends and if we will still have a home

to come home to....but at least we are safe.

Just getting a static picture from St Thomas webcam. St. Croix looks awful and the hurricane isn't even there yet. Water washing up on the boardwalk. Of course, Maho Beach webcam is down.

Seems to have died down some in St Croix- the water isn't going over the boardwalk.

St Croix is much better than I saw it a few hours ago. The center is almost due north of there right now, too. So the worst may have passed them.

Are ships able to even get into St Marten for the foreseeable future? The pics look like the island is wiped out.

Based on some posted videos and photos...it would not be surprising to learn that returning St. Maarten to anything worth a port visit could take months.

We've been there 5 times...a favorite place - the devastation is only starting to be seen (flooding, damage, service outages).

Are ships able to even get into St Marten for the foreseeable future? The pics look like the island is wiped out.

Haven't seen any pictures from the port area- but I'd guess that it's likely to be in ok condition.

After a week, most of that could be cleaned up and add a lot of tarps for the roofs. It looks bad, but having seen the repair work done in Puerto Rico more than once- that can likely be cleaned up pretty fast.

If the pier is damaged, that changes everything- see Cozumel.

IMHO, it's important for the cruises to return, as they can bring a lot of supplies.

We were supposed to be on the 9/10 Oasis cruise (driving from the Ohio valley), but now it's rescheduled for Tuesday. But if this hurricane moves up the coast on Monday as it's now forecast I can't see how they can still do the cruise Tuesday as though nothing is going on. We have reservations Monday night at a hotel in Cocoa beach, but if there are 130mph winds and a 12 foot storm surge on Monday it's going to be very dangerous to be there, if you can even get there at all. I imagine the authorities won't be letting anyone even get close to the coast. Will Royal Caribbean in that case just cancel the cruise completely and issue refunds of what was paid, with a partial credit to rebook a cruise?