Hurricane Irma Watch

Captain just made an announcement on the Adventure that rather than leaving Aruba tomorrow and getting to St Kitts Friday, we are going to Bonaire Thursday then at sea Friday back to San Juan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Safe travels back! We are on Adventure departing Saturday. Hopefully we will travel as planned.

OMG lol. I don't know if I could watch him again :eek::D:D:p. Let me find his name: Jeff Piotrowski. Follow him on twitter.

His name is CAR WARSH

I shared his Harvey Periscopes and he did a review of Irma tonight which I shared on Twitter. I have a great respect for Jeff and have been following him on Periscope for almost three years. He also chases tornadoes and that gets pretty crazy.

OMG lol. I don't know if I could watch him again :eek::D:D:p. Let me find his name: Jeff Piotrowski. Follow him on twitter.

Jeff was amazing. I didn't sleep all night watching his coverage!

Wonder if he will be going to Florida?' I think is was periscope/video wasn't it?

I shared his Harvey Periscopes and he did a review of Irma tonight which I shared on Twitter. I have a great respect for Jeff and have been following him on Periscope for almost three years. He also chases tornadoes and that gets pretty crazy.

I watched hours of his feed live on that Friday night, and came to two conclusions:

1) That I was possibly about to watch someone choose to die live on the internet.

2) That if I were his wife, the divorce papers would have been in the mail the next day after that one phone call.

Van Fleet said the other day that he doesn't cancel cruises, he just advises the company. It's not his call. People should take some comfort in the fact that RC's head office is right in the middle of all this so they can't really ignore the fact that this is serious. I felt like they weren't really familiar enough with Houston weather, or the logistics of how cruisers get to port to understand how Harvey would impact passengers, which was why they made the decisions they did.

The dangly part that is going to get hit. I vacation often in the panhandle; I am aware it exists ;p
I am up in Tallahassee and they are freaking out back home. Meanwhile I am scheduled to walk off Anthem in NJ on Saturday to fly down to Orlando and drive home. Not sure how that's gonna happen yet.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Interesting tidbit, the first 9/6 00Z models to be released (the three Trajectory and Beta models and some of the consensus models) are all showing big right shifts. That, along with the slow slide of GFS eastward, might be further evidence that the ridge that has been holding this down is weakening and it might escape east of FL.

Euro and the official NHC forecast aren't there yet, but it's at least an encouraging sign for FL.

So NCL cancelled Escape 7 day and Sky 3 day on 9th, offering full refund plus 50% refund on next reservation. RCI only offering 25% off and a one month booking time limit ??? Why isn't RCI offering the same?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carnival isn't offering ANY future cruise credits!! Like I said on another post, I'm not looking for a handout by any means, but the difference in how the companies is handling this is making me raise an eyebrow.

Carnival isn't offering ANY future cruise credits!! Like I said on another post, I'm not looking for a handout by any means, but the difference in how the companies is handling this is making me raise an eyebrow.

Says a lot. NCL has been penny pinching, raising costs and cutting back on the product and compensation for the crew contracts, so I'm a bit surprised. I'm hoping RCI follows suit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My friend that lives in Houston was supposed to board Carnival the Saturday after Harvey hit and she was given a future cruise credit.

Maybe they gave away too much already.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So I just called RCL asking to see if there were any other offers for switching from the Harmony on 9/9. They said they just worked something up about 10 minutes ago. They are going to have Harmony sail on the 12th, for 4 nights to Cozumel and back, they are offering 50% refund and 50% off future cruise.

They said since they are not canceling it, the only other offer was 100% future cruise credit....so if you paid $2000, you have $2000 credit towards another cruise, but no additional discount.

Not sure what I think about that.... on one had, seems like a nice offer, other than the fact I would have to pay another $250 for airfare difference...which I assume trip insurance would cover.... but still.