Hurricane Irma Watch

We were informed on RCCL web site that we would know at 6pm if our Harmony cruise leaving on Sept. 9th would be cancelled and guess what was posted, another wait until tomorrow at noon. People, like us, that live in Florida(northwest), can't drive down because there is already a gas shortage in south florida and by Sat., there probably won't be any gas to get, also by Sat. they probably will turn the interstate into going north only. :mad: We live on the gulf coast, so praying it does a sharp right at least and not get in the gulf. Stay safe everyone.

The models are getting more uncertain rather than less. GFS now has no FL landfall for the eye (heading out east). Some have it going into the Gulf and hitting the panhandle. The Euro model still has a hit near Naples and the storm crossing the state.

It's hard for RCI to make a call when the experts don't have any firm idea of where the thing will go.

We're all going to have to just wait for more info about the track of the storm.

We were informed on RCCL web site that we would know at 6pm if our Harmony cruise leaving on Sept. 9th would be cancelled and guess what was posted, another wait until tomorrow at noon. People, like us, that live in Florida(northwest), can't drive down because there is already a gas shortage in south florida and by Sat., there probably won't be any gas to get, also by Sat. they probably will turn the interstate into going north only. :mad: We live on the gulf coast, so praying it does a sharp right at least and not get in the gulf. Stay safe everyone.

We're on Harmony too. The statement said no later than two days before departure. That's Thursday.

An update is not the same as a final decision. Living in Florida you know how rapidly hurricane tracks can change. I don't blame them.

We're in Orlando and have one car with a full tank set aside to drive down if we get a "go". But frankly, it looks doubtful.

Again no answer on Sat sailing of Harmony so I guess there gonna wait until Thurs before they say Cancel so we have no idea when/if we need to cancel our flights SMH!

I want them to wait. I want to go on this cruise if it all possible.

The models are getting more uncertain rather than less. GFS now has no FL landfall for the eye (heading out east). Some have it going into the Gulf and hitting the panhandle. The Euro model still has a hit near Naples and the storm crossing the state.

It's hard for RCI to make a call when the experts don't have any firm idea of where the thing will go.

We're all going to have to just wait for more info about the track of the storm.

Even if the eye misses, Hurricane and Tropical Storm force winds extend well outside of the eye by hundred of miles. Remember Hurricane Harvey actually hit Rockport TX 200 miles away from Houston. Just because the eye doesn't hit Ft. Lauderdale, doesn't mean it's a safe area to travel.

Again no answer on Sat sailing of Harmony so I guess there gonna wait until Thurs before they say Cancel so we have no idea when/if we need to cancel our flights SMH!

Probably BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS WHERE IT WILL LAND!

Friday's cruises cancelled today. Probably tomorrow you will know for Sat because forecasts should be a little more accurate

I want them to wait. I want to go on this cruise if it all possible.

We want to go too but won't be able to if they wait until Fri to say Yay or Nay, Our flight leaves Thurs afternoon and My hubby can't miss extra days from work then there's the flight issue if it can't be changed to make it should they still go etc. :( :mad:

Even if the eye misses, Hurricane and Tropical Storm force winds extend well outside of the eye by hundred of miles. Remember Hurricane Harvey actually hit Rockport TX 200 miles away from Houston. Just because the eye doesn't hit Ft. Lauderdale, doesn't mean it's a safe area to travel.

Absolutely. There's still no reason to believe that cruises will be operating from Miami, FLL, or Port Canaveral this weekend.

Captain is making an announcement on Harmony of the Seas. We are going to Cozumel. We are delaying our arrival into Fort Lauderdale. They will let us know the date of our arrival ASAP. They will update tomorrow at noon.

Enjoy your extra sea day or two. Getting a couple of free days on the end of a cruise isn't the worst thing that could happen to someone :D

There was plenty of gas here in Ormond Beach. There was lines for the cheaper priced gas like SAMS but the 7/11 on the corner had gas with no lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoy your extra days at sea! I do feel so badly for those who are supposed to cruise this weekend...just waiting for a decision from RCCL. We know how exciting it is to count the days down until you get to go on a cruise. Hopefully, 11 more for us!!!...unless storm JOSE acts up!!

Enjoy your extra days at sea! I do feel so badly for those who are supposed to cruise this weekend...just waiting for a decision from RCCL. We know how exciting it is to count the days down until you get to go on a cruise. Hopefully, 11 more for us!!!...unless storm JOSE acts up!!

It would take a really strange set of circumstances for both Irma and Jose to threaten the SE U.S.

The same conditions that will steer Irma North are predicted to kick Jose up too.

BC cruiser...know that so many people feel badly for you that you still don't know if your cruise is a "go." It does look like it will be shortened because a previous poster said they are on Harmony now and the captain will let them know soon when they will dock at FL.

Unfortunately the models are so different that it's too early to make a decision regarding the weekend sailings. I want answers too. We just have to be patient

The Mayor of Miami called for voluntary evacuation to start tomorrow. Let's hope RCCL don't turn this into another Galveston fiasco by trying to bring people into a disaster area. They need to cancel out of an abundance of caution, like NCL did hours ago.

We are scheduled to cruise out of Tampa on Thursday September 7th 2017 going to Cuba. As of now a cruise has not been cancelled but there are mandatory evacuations in Tampa. We're not sure why our cruise has not been cancelled.

I can't find any information about mandatory evacuations in Hillsborough County. Do you have a link that shows the information.

So far I've only seen info about evacuation for the Keys and some targeted evacuations in Dade County. So if you have seen anything else, would be interested in seeing the specifics.

Captain is making an announcement on Harmony of the Seas. We are going to Cozumel. We are delaying our arrival into Fort Lauderdale. They will let us know the date of our arrival ASAP. They will update tomorrow at noon.

Please post as soon as you know when you will be arriving, as we are supposed to board when you get off, and they haven't told us anything, including they it will arrive later than scheduled for us. We live in northwest Florida and we have hotel reservations for Thurs. night in Ft. Pierce and had planned on arriving around 1pm, so I guess at noon tomorrow we will know if we are cruising and when. They posted earlier today that they would make an announcement at 6pm today if it would be cancelled, instead they just postponed it until tomorrow at noon. Thank you and be safe out there.

The Mayor of Miami called for voluntary evacuation to start tomorrow. Let's hope RCCL don't turn this into another Galveston fiasco by trying to bring people into a disaster area. They need to cancel out of an abundance of caution, like NCL did hours ago.

Absolutely. I feel bad for those that have flights and such. They need answers as quickly as possible. I'm in Miami so the port is just a short drive away from me.