Hurricane Irma Watch

Two hours and two supervisors later, RC is not refunding any bookings with a changed itinerary. I'm weary to even ask but could someone please educate me? Is that legal? I live in Florida and could very well need that money after being hit by a Cat 5 storm. The first woman I spoke to said I would be penalized for cancelling. Then was told my only option was a future credit. I've cruised exclusively with RC several times in the past, family and friends are exclusive to RC too. They have no regard for long time customers? Tears won't work either, I tried! This would have been my husband's very first cruise. Oasis would have been sailing 9/10

If you saw the news this AM, St. Maarten was heavily damaged. Had lots of pics out of there and that means the USVI will also be hit. I expect Coco Cay will also take a glancing blow on the heavy side of it. And then look out Miami. And on Sunday morning yet.

Lets not all hold our breath to see what RCCL will do this weekend! I would at least prepare to have my flight cancelled and just wait it out to see what credit or voucher they hand you.

Absolutely devastating in St Maarten. The pics and videos coming out are horrific damage and flooding. I would imagine it will be a good month if not longer before cruise ships head back and if doing a land vaca it may be longer. Supposedly what they considered there four strongest building/structures are destroyed.

Two hours and two supervisors later, RC is not refunding any bookings with a changed itinerary. I'm weary to even ask but could someone please educate me? Is that legal? I live in Florida and could very well need that money after being hit by a Cat 5 storm. The first woman I spoke to said I would be penalized for cancelling. Then was told my only option was a future credit. I've cruised exclusively with RC several times in the past, family and friends are exclusive to RC too. They have no regard for long time customers? Tears won't work either, I tried! This would have been my husband's very first cruise. Oasis would have been sailing 9/10

Do you have trip insurance? If not look to see if the credit card you used has any trip protection. Mine has coverage if my home is affected by stuff like a hurricane. But are you saying that they offered you a 100% cruise credit? At least you can plan something in the future if you can't get a refund.

Do you have trip insurance? If not look to see if the credit card you used has any trip protection. Mine has coverage if my home is affected by stuff like a hurricane. But are you saying that they offered you a 100% cruise credit? At least you can plan something in the future if you can't get a refund.

No trip insurance. I've risked it multiple times in the past with no issues but lesson learned I guess. Thanks for the tip on the credit card. I will check into that. 100% cruise credit is definitely better than nothing.

Two hours and two supervisors later, RC is not refunding any bookings with a changed itinerary. I'm weary to even ask but could someone please educate me? Is that legal? I live in Florida and could very well need that money after being hit by a Cat 5 storm.

Yes it is legal. If you were on the ship and your home damaged you would still need the money. Insurance and flood insurance handles that, not the cruise line. Insure yourself against unforeseen circumstances that could result in financial shortfall. That's all insurance does is repay you for these events.

Irma is a 400 mile wide storm. Much wider than the state of Florida from west coast to east coast. No matter where you

are in Florida, if it continues on the forecast path...you are not safe. Irma is a bulldozer that would cover the entire state

if it rips up the middle.

RCI (IMHO) is being generous to refund money...though they did not cause the situation. They are having to deal

with this thing also. As are all Florida residents. I just hope I have a home to go back to and am worried about my

friends and family too.

Be safe everyone.

my brother was supposed to have a connecting flight early Monday morning (5am) out of San Juan into Orlando. He's on a cruise right now. I told him I expected every flight out of Florida on Monday to be cancelled. He's scrambling to find another flight that connects elsewhere. Perhaps Atlanta, but I'm not even sure that's safe at the moment.

Two hours and two supervisors later, RC is not refunding any bookings with a changed itinerary. I'm weary to even ask but could someone please educate me? Is that legal?

Yes, it is legal; read your cruise contract. The cruise line may alter the itinerary, for any reason, with no compensation due to the guest.

We have already made the decision to cancel our cruise. I'm very disappointed, but we were supposed to fly into Miami on Sunday for our cruise on Monday and I do not want to be in the middle of a hurricane. I have already changed our flights, but when should I contact to RCI to cancel our cruise? I have insurance, which gives me a 75% refund of my costs, but if they end up cancelling would I be entitled to a 100% refund? Just curious if I should cancel now or wait a couple of days. Thanks for the feedback and please everyone who lives in FL and on the islands be safe.

We have already made the decision to cancel our cruise. I'm very disappointed, but we were supposed to fly into Miami on Sunday for our cruise on Monday and I do not want to be in the middle of a hurricane. I have already changed our flights, but when should I contact to RCI to cancel our cruise? I have insurance, which gives me a 75% refund of my costs, but if they end up cancelling would I be entitled to a 100% refund? Just curious if I should cancel now or wait a couple of days. Thanks for the feedback and please everyone who lives in FL and on the islands be safe.

Yes, you will get a 100% refund if they cancel but they've already made decisions on all sailings scheduled for Sunday. What ship are you on?

Any thoughts on how Sept. 10 NCL Breakaway sailing to Bermuda out of NYC might be affected?

Royal is planning an announcement (according to their website ) at 6pm for their 9/9 cruise from that area. I'll bet NCL is also dealing with Florida and getting ready to deal with NY area soon.

Yes, you will get a 100% refund if they cancel but they've already made decisions on all sailings scheduled for Sunday. What ship are you on?

Great, thanks. Our ship doesn't leave until Monday, 9/11 on the Enchantment of the Seas, as far as I can see this trip hasn't been cancelled yet, since it's still too far away. I'm going to try calling RCI now and hopefully I'm not on hold too long.