upsell question

akeasley

Hello,

I just received an upsell to a suite for my 5 day cruise! Oddly enough, I had this same suite booked, changed to a mini suite and then received the upsell.

If you book an upsell to a suite, do you receive 2 cruise credits? I know you don't for an upgrade but wasn't sure about an upsell.

TIA!

It's unclear. You "should" receive double credits but some have reported not getting them. I would ask Princess directly and make sure they know you want the double credits. If you are working with a TA ask them to make sure it happens.

Hello,

I just received an upsell to a suite for my 5 day cruise! Oddly enough, I had this same suite booked, changed to a mini suite and then received the upsell.

If you book an upsell to a suite, do you receive 2 cruise credits? I know you don't for an upgrade but wasn't sure about an upsell.

TIA!

IMWTK - what was the time frame between changing to a mini and the upsell?

Also, will the upsell save you $$ from the previous price you booked at first?

IMWTK - what was the time frame between changing to a mini and the upsell?

Also, will the upsell save you $$ from the previous price you booked at first?

I originally booked the cruise last October and decided to downgrade to the mini-suite in March. I saved a little over $2,000 by rebooking to the mini. The upsell was $299 each for me and DH plus $99 for my daughter.

I had two Lido suites to choose from, one Riveria across from the elevator, and one on Aloha that was near a vent. I chose the Lido deck.

I originally booked the cruise last October and decided to downgrade to the mini-suite in March. I saved a little over $2,000 by rebooking to the mini. The upsell was $299 each for me and DH plus $99 for my daughter.

I had two Lido suites to choose from, one Riveria across from the elevator, and one on Aloha that was near a vent. I chose the Lido deck.

That's great!! You made out like a bandit in the night.:D

On our last cruise we took an upsell to a suite and I just went and saw the captains circle rep on board and told her we were in a suite and had taken an upsell, not an upgrade, and she made the changes right there and gave us the extra credit. The really good thing was the cruise was a 21 day Panama Canal which could have been booked as a 15 day and a 6 day, which I also mentioned and she worked her magic and we got credit for 4 cruises. We have also taken an upsell for our next cruise to a suite and I have noticed we are only credited for 1 cruise on our cruise history so I will be taking another trip down to see the captains circle rep again on a sea day, seeing how it worked so well last time. Good luck, but you should get the credit. ;p

Good you you.....we took an upsell to a suite in March that was actually a B2B but booked as one cruise. We received 4 cruise credits. Had originally booked a balcony, then the prices dropped for that balcony so we re-fared ....then the price for the mini dropped to the price we originally booked for the balcony room.....so we changed to the mini.

I did have to call Princess to get the extra cruise credits....already elite so important toward loyalty OBC...so now working our way to $50 OBC.

Enjoy your time and benefits that come with the suite life...... favorite perk was the breakfast in Sabatini and getting to know and interact with staff. They were so helpful with port advice that enhanced our cruise.

We booked a mini for a 4-day "Alaska Sampler" (aka quasi-repositioning) and took an upsell to suite. After the cruise, we only had one point, so an email to Captain's Circle took care of it. Oddly, it shows up in our history as an additional but 0-day cruise.

Wow! Major score!! I would be sooooo stoked with that kind of deal. You did good. :D

We were offered an upsell to a WS after booking a premium view. While onboard we contacted the captains circle rep, who said she couldn't change it to 2 cruise credits. When we got home, I called and it as a PAIN to get the double credits, but I eventually prevailed.

Have fun in your suite!

We were offered an upsell to a WS after booking a premium view. While onboard we contacted the captains circle rep, who said she couldn't change it to 2 cruise credits. When we got home, I called and it as a PAIN to get the double credits, but I eventually prevailed.

Wow! Sorry you had such a problem. Our Captain's Circle hostess had no problem giving us the extra credit. It looks odd on our cruise history as it shows up as 1 credit with no days.

Hello,

TIA!

We have had to call and ask for the double credits following each of the cruises where we have taken an Upsell.