Adventure 9/23 sailing out of San Juan

johnrobert57

Thoughts as to why RCCL has not made an announcement of the Saturday sailing out of San Juan? The island is devastated, relief efforts are the priority....why wait? Know they want to return people to San Juan but the new sailing makes no sense.....can't imagine bringing people to the island for a cruise departure under the circumstances.

Thoughts as to why RCCL has not made an announcement of the Saturday sailing out of San Juan? The island is devastated, relief efforts are the priority....why wait? Know they want to return people to San Juan but the new sailing makes no sense.....can't imagine bringing people to the island for a cruise departure under the circumstances.

They probably have not yet decided where Adventure will disembark it's current cruise. I read that Miami is a possibility.

In the overall scheme of life this cruise is not that important considering what PR is facing. That being said this is gonna be one big mess for the cruise lines because of the scale of what happened there. If the airlines do not make more planes available for flights to south Florida, how will the many passengers get there. When we sailed from PR in late July on the AOS, easily about 40% of the passengers appeared to be locals (that might be different now that school would have been in session). A cruise departure from Florida will the the last thing on these people's minds. And where will the ships go.........assuming that AOS does cruise from Florida, they will cruise past the destroyed islands (St.Martin and St.Thomas) that were each a stop on 2 of the 3 routes sailing from PR making those sea days to get down to the Southern Islands. Lots of irons in the fire for the cruise lines.

My teenage sons made lots of friends who reside in PR and all had been so relieved when Irma side swiped the island. We are anxiously going to be waiting to here how these families made out.

Praying for all impacted by these disasters.

In the overall scheme of life this cruise is not that important considering what PR is facing. That being said this is gonna be one big mess for the cruise lines because of the scale of what happened there. If the airlines do not make more planes available for flights to south Florida, how will the many passengers get there. When we sailed from PR in late July on the AOS, easily about 40% of the passengers appeared to be locals (that might be different now that school would have been in session). A cruise departure from Florida will the the last thing on these people's minds. And where will the ships go.........assuming that AOS does cruise from Florida, they will cruise past the destroyed islands (St.Martin and St.Thomas) that were each a stop on 2 of the 3 routes sailing from PR making those sea days to get down to the Southern Islands. Lots of irons in the fire for the cruise lines.

My teenage sons made lots of friends who reside in PR and all had been so relieved when Irma side swiped the island. We are anxiously going to be waiting to here how these families made out.

Praying for all impacted by these disasters.

Old San Juan is destroyed and most of San Juan is badly flooded and the port is just as bad. The airport is also closed with roofs collapsing and no power. They will not be able to restore power for a long time. I have not heard from my family and friend and I am very scare since some lived in Comerio where the town webt under water. FEMA has not been able to acccess anything since there is so much damage. My sister works for FEMA but not in San Juan so we will see what comes up on their wire. Lets all pray!

Old San Juan is destroyed and most of San Juan is badly flooded and the port is just as bad. The airport is also closed with roofs collapsing and no power. They will not be able to restore power for a long time. I have not heard from my family and friend and I am very scare since some lived in Comerio where the town webt under water. FEMA has not been able to acccess anything since there is so much damage. My sister works for FEMA but not in San Juan so we will see what comes up on their wire. Lets all pray!

The news last night stated that the airport hopes to resume flights by Friday. I saw on another thread that a beachfront restaurant is expected to reopen on Saturday. Hearing so many different things. If they know they are planning to cancel, then why the delay? We are set to sail on 9/30 and at this point I don't care where we sail out of.....just want to sail. Hopefully today's announcement will shed some light on not only this weekends sailing but for those of us on other sailings as well.

My thoughts and prayers are with the wonderful people of Puerto Rico as they try and rebuild their beautiful island and their lives. :(

We are booked on the November 11th sailing, and at this point it is a wait and see situation - my hope is that they can restore power as soon as possible for the residents of the island. I cannot even imagine what life is like without it.

I am donating to the relief fund, it is the least I can do for an island that has brought me and my family so much joy over the last 10+ years....

The captain just announced some news about noon. He is still waiting for SJ damage assessment from RCCL.

Please also remember how many ships just RCCL is managing schedules for. Try to understand the big picture.

And try to understand the people who have to scramble to change their air arrangements. For people who live in rural areas, it's not that easy.

And try to understand the people who have to scramble to change their air arrangements. For people who live in rural areas, it's not that easy.

Seriously? They aren't withholding information from you in order to be mean or difficult. They are likely trying to sort things out and don't have any definitive information to give you.

Some people are really starting to annoy me. I think it's time for people to take a step back and realize there are much more important things in life then your vacation. What's the worse case? You can't go on your cruise because it's cancelled? Or because they change ports and you can't get to the port? Well that's what insurance is for. Don't have insurance? Then suck it up. That was the risk you took.

People have DIED and others have lost everything. Yet people are wining about not getting on their cruise. Get some perspective people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seriously? They aren't withholding information from you in order to be mean or difficult. They are likely trying to sort things out and don't have any definitive information to give you.

Some people are really starting to annoy me. I think it's time for people to take a step back and realize there are much more important things in life then your vacation. What's the worse case? You can't go on your cruise because it's cancelled? Or because they change ports and you can't get to the port? Well that's what insurance is for. Don't have insurance? Then suck it up. That was the risk you took.

People have DIED and others have lost everything. Yet people are wining about not getting on their cruise. Get some perspective people.

So nobody should care about their own issues then? Is that your advice? People can both care about those affected by the hurricanes as well as their own lives. They're not mutually exclusive. Not everyone has unlimited flexibility in their time off work and unlimited funds to reschedule something they've already paid for. This is CRUISE CRITIC where people go to ask question about their cruises and learn the latest information. Not a place to be judged by how much people like you think they care about the needy people in the world.

Not cool. This is a hostile post. [emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone

So nobody should care about their own issues then? Is that your advice? People can both care about those affected by the hurricanes as well as their own lives. They're not mutually exclusive. Not everyone has unlimited flexibility in their time off work and unlimited funds to reschedule something they've already paid for. This is CRUISE CRITIC where people go to ask question about their cruises and learn the latest information. Not a place to be judged by how much people like you think they care about the needy people in the world.

I'm talking about the people whining about royal not giving information on this particular cruise.

Are people too dense to realize that royal must first figure out if they can even use the port? If the airports will be open? Then if not they have to figure out where to go. It's a lot of moving parts. And royal needs information from people who have more important things to worry about then people's vacations.

Sorry but you and your cruise are not that important to the people in charge in Puerto Rico.

What do you want royal to tell you? That they have no idea what port they will be able to use? Because that's very likely.

I'm talking about the people whining about royal not giving information on this particular cruise.

Are people too dense to realize that royal must first figure out if they can even use the port? If the airports will be open? Then if not they have to figure out where to go. It's a lot of moving parts. And royal needs information from people who have more important things to worry about then people's vacations.

Sorry but you and your cruise are not that important to the people in charge in Puerto Rico.

What do you want royal to tell you? That they have no idea what port they will be able to use? Because that's very likely.

But...part of the reason they are getting that information is for those people worried about their vacations. So those people do matter to Royal. If they have to keep refunding people for cancelled cruises they are going to lose money. So all those worried people are important en masse.

I imagine they would have to cancel the 9/23 cruise; anything official yet?

Adventure of the Seas: September 23

Due to the uncertainty of the timing of the port re-opening in San Juan, we anticipate our new departure date will be Wednesday, September 27, sailing a 3-night itinerary to Antigua and St. Kitts.

We know these changes are disappointing, and we are truly sorry for the storm’s impact on your vacation. Should you choose to sail with us we will provide you with a refund of 60% of your cruise fare paid in the form of a refundable onboard credit, and an additional 50% future cruise credit, for a cruise booked within the next year.

If you are unable to travel and need to cancel your cruise, we will provide you with a 100% future cruise credit, for a cruise booked within the next year. Pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment, and you will have the ability to book excursions in our new ports of call once onboard.

Adventure of the Seas: September 23

Due to the uncertainty of the timing of the port re-opening in San Juan, we anticipate our new departure date will be Wednesday, September 27, sailing a 3-night itinerary to Antigua and St. Kitts.

We know these changes are disappointing, and we are truly sorry for the storm’s impact on your vacation. Should you choose to sail with us we will provide you with a refund of 60% of your cruise fare paid in the form of a refundable onboard credit, and an additional 50% future cruise credit, for a cruise booked within the next year.

If you are unable to travel and need to cancel your cruise, we will provide you with a 100% future cruise credit, for a cruise booked within the next year. Pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment, and you will have the ability to book excursions in our new ports of call once onboard.

That's...nuts

I can't fathom how Puerto Rico is going to be able to handle tourists starting next week.

And to fly all the way to PR for a 3 night cruise seems crazy!!!

Boggles my mind too. I wonder how many hotels and restaurants will be open next week.

I wonder how they are going to provision the ship. Presumably they already had frozen and refrigerated provisions ready to go in the port of San Juan. Hopefully they have backup generators to keep these provisions cold.

Another thought, the fact that they are only offering a FCC to those that can't sail on Wednesday is ridiculous.

They took away over half of the cruise but aren't willing to just refund your money, just doesn't seem fair.

I love Royal but this is insane.