Dream leaving NOLA

tortuga1975

Just got off of it this morning. Had a great week. Couldn't be happier with the service!

Do you have any recommendations on hotels with free shuttles to port in New Orleans? And do any of the ports have beaches within walking distance so you don't have to do an "excursion"? We are going in January and want beach time.

Do you have any recommendations on hotels with free shuttles to port in New Orleans? And do any of the ports have beaches within walking distance so you don't have to do an "excursion"? We are going in January and want beach time.

No beaches in NOLA. Closest are in Mississippi.

As of this post, I have 216 days, 3 hours until we sail out on the Dream as well. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

We will be on this ship 01/14/18.....111 days, 15 hours and 56 minutes.......not that my countdown clock is on my phone or anything like that, LOL. She's a beauty to see sailing down the mighty Mississippi.

I'll be on that sailing too! We are celebrating my 50th on the 15th

We stayed at the Westin pre cruise and at Embassy Suites post cruise and walked to or from the port to each hotel with our luggage and kids in tow. We did have to lug everything up/down some stairs outside between the mall and the port. Someone told us there was an elevator somewhere but we never found it.

Thank you for the picture!! We were on her and loved her! :hearteyes:

Our ports were Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel.

Mahogany Bay: we booked Victor Bodden tours. Did the Best of Roatan and LOVED IT!! We had a private bus and driver for our group of 13. He took us anywhere we wanted. It was $25/person. We went to the see the monkeys and sloths at the rescue park. That was $10/person and so worth it. We got to hold sloths, monkeys and parrots. Was the favorite excursion for everyone! After driving and see all of Roatan, which we really enjoyed-even the kids enjoyed, we went to the beach. It was $10 for a beach chair and worth it. There was an awesome reef very close by to snorkel. We all loved it!! We tipped our wonderful driver another $5/person. Our total was $560 for 13 of us to have an awesome day in Roatan!! Can't beat that!

Belize: We had not planned anything before leaving for this port. We took our group and got a group picture at the Belize sign. Then talking to one of the taxis out there, we found a bus that would take us around Belize and to the beach for $10/person. Hubby and I ended up not going since 2 of our kids were not feeling good. But they had a the best time. They went to this private beach that was close by and said it was amazing. They had an obstacle course in water and lots of fun stuff to do. Said the beach was amazing.

Cozumel: Most of our group had been here several times, so we stayed in port at Fat Tuesdays and enjoyed. ;p Did hear people talking about a beautiful beach close by that was a $10/taxi ride. There were plenty of taxis outside the port. You just got in line and waited.