Cheers breakdown chart

MasterMason

Thanks for that. It helps to see it from that perspective. We bought it for our upcoming cruise and I've been having my doubts. It probably will be more expensive for us in the end but I'm not going to worry about it. I plan on ordering top shelf liquor on all drinks and the best wine with dinner. I should break even around 5/6 drinks a day which is about my limit.

My biggest fear is being seasick and unable to drink or eat at all. Hopefully that doesn't happen. I got the patches so praying they work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I still have never done it. I'm a beer/cocktail person. If you are strictly a cocktail person it looks like a no brainer. For me break even would probably be about 7-8ish. Beer looks to be 9-10. On a sea day its easy. But port days when you are gone for 5-8 hours it would be really hard. Its a struggle for me, but in the end Ive never pulled the trigger.

Thanks for posting! We had Cheers for our last cruise and I easily hit the 15 mark so yeah it's a winner for us. My wife at least passed the break even point each day. Add that it's already paid for just makes it a more relaxing vacation. Sail on the Miracle in 11 days can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on the fence. I am trying to figure out the chart....

Just pick out what you drink, multiply those by how many you can drink a day. That will give you your cost.

Can be multiple types of drinks.

The last column 57.44 is what Cheers costs per day.

We got the Cheers! package our first cruise last December (a 4 day cruise) and barely broke even so I debated getting it for our next cruise in Feb '18 ( a 5-day cruise). I finally decided to go ahead and get it again. I'm a cocktail or champagne person so they add up fast. And know that I know about the Alchemy Bar, I'll hit it up earlier in the cruise rather than later. (it took me awhile to figure out what it was all about). Add to that the fact that you can get Honest Tea at the coffee bar instead of having to drink the funky tasting stuff available at the self serve stations on Lido, I'll probably get more than my money's worth this trip. While hubby does drink beer, when he's with me he usually goes for the fru-fru stuff that I drink and he likes milkshakes (which he didn't know were included last trip) so he'll probably get his money's worth as well. Even if we fall short a bit like last trip, it's nice not having to worry about how much your spending every time you order a beverage.

My biggest fear is being seasick and unable to drink or eat at all. Hopefully that doesn't happen. I got the patches so praying they work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the WORST motion sickness... I can't even be in the car if I'm not driving or on motion meds. I swear by the prescription patch!!! I have never been sick while on it, except for the very first time, when I didn't realize that they are time-release patches!! Do not switch the patch out daily... you'll end up sick from over-medicating. You'll be just fine! :)

This is extremely helpful, thank you.

I was on the fence with this, my husband doesn't drink, I do. Seeing the cost breakdown/break even amounts I would need to be having a REAL good time the entire length of the cruise, or he'd have to have a potentially sickening amount of specialty coffee/milkshakes to break even for us, so I think it's going to be a pass!

Knowing how I drink, and looking at the price list, it looks for me personally that i'm probably just going to break even. But knowing that though, i'm going to make a point now to remember to try and taste new drinks just for the hell of it. :p

I am on the fence. I am trying to figure out the chart....

My feeling is that if you have cruised before and spent about 50.00 a day on drinks previously you should get it.. Otherwise, you probably should not get it, since you would be spending more then you normally do on drinks. Carnival is banking on people getting the program who normally don't spend that much, so they make more money off of you. I am not against the program as I get the cheers program everytime I cruise, but we also spend over 100.00 a day on drinks, (a couple) so its well worth it for us.

Here is my coffee bar experience on the Magic Sept 3rd thru the 13th.

White chocolate Frap w/ $4.95

shot of Baileys (Mollys Irish Creme) $6.95

total $11.90

and so so so Yummy!!!!

This alone makes it worth it for me. I can easily drink 2-3 specialty coffee's a day along with 4-5 mixed drinks. Being able to add a shot of Bailey's to my coffee is just an added bonus.

On vaca I'm good for 5-10 + Rum And cokes spread out from noon to midnight.

Problem is my wife can not drink alcohol ( meds)...so on an 8 day for just me I guess I pay per drink?

I think I am going to get a bottle for the room and have a few out side would make the most $$ sense?

Also remember to add in the cost of bottled water, sodas, energy drinks, powerade, bottled teas, milk shakes, virgin drinks and specialty coffees. The drink package is not just for alcohol so really the "break even" point is less than 5-6 alcoholic beverages a day.

Here is my coffee bar experience on the Magic Sept 3rd thru the 13th.

White chocolate Frap w/ $4.95

shot of Baileys (Mollys Irish Creme) $6.95

total $11.90

and so so so Yummy!!!!

I like this. This is what we do too, both of us. Its looking like, from what I've seen and based off what we normally drink, We'll make our money on Cheers after 5ish drinks. Plus I am finding that $40 glass champagne.

I like this. This is what we do too, both of us. Its looking like, from what I've seen and based off what we normally drink, We'll make our money on Cheers after 5ish drinks. Plus I am finding that $40 glass champagne.

It's up in the Steakhouse. I forget which reserve label it is but it is NOT the Dom which is only by the bottle.