MTD reservation now "at your leisure" ?

karaloo

There's no set time for reservations to open. Keep checking your Cruise Planner.

But it’s looking like they “know how to take the reservation but they don’t know how to hold the reservation, and that’s the most important part of the reservation” lol....Seinfeld’s always relevant!

For all of you who have My Time Dining on the Anthem of the Seas and your reservations are no longer on your Cruise Planner they might show up on their system once you get onboard. This happened to me last May where I thought they were cancelled but actually they weren't. Good luck and I hope they are there at your cruise time....

For all of you who have My Time Dining on the Anthem of the Seas and your reservations are no longer on your Cruise Planner they might show up on their system once you get onboard. This happened to me last May where I thought they were cancelled but actually they weren't. Good luck and I hope they are there at your cruise time....

I noticed I couldn’t see my reservations for my December cruise on my calendar. It said, “at your leisure.”However, I can see them when I click orders with the correct reservation time. So it looks like they’re still reserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The time you book for mtd does not matter. There are 2 lines at reception. 1 for those with mtd printed on their cabin card and 1 for those without.

I saw a guy came to reception and said, Excuse me I have book 8 pm for 12 persons. The girl told him these people have booking for 8 pm also and told him to get to the back of the line.

I looked up my reservation and saw the at your leisure as well and called. They can see it on their end, she did say it is happening with a lot of calls...so maybe just call and double check?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also booked all of our “my time dining” times and today it said “at your leisure “. I called RCCL and my times are listed at their end - just not on the cruise planner for me. It doesn’t really make any sense!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Whomever is in charge of their website should be fired immediately. I can't believe all the glitches they have with it. Being a Carnival cruiser as well I can say that they rarely have troubles. It seems like when we cruised on the Oasis in 2015 there was lots and lots of website issues and apparently still having troubles. Unbelievable....:rolleyes:

The time you book for mtd does not matter. There are 2 lines at reception. 1 for those with mtd printed on their cabin card and 1 for those without.

I saw a guy came to reception and said, Excuse me I have book 8 pm for 12 persons. The girl told him these people have booking for 8 pm also and told him to get to the back of the line.

I hate to see this happen though. It hasn't happened to me - yet.

All you know is you turn up on time 8pm booking and see a queue. That queue might be people who haven't booked? - or they might be there early for an 8.15 booking So, should the person stand at the back and wait and wait until they get to the front, and then be late for their own booking. Sometimes, it's difficult to know what to do for the best.

I know there are separate queues - but I have also seen people in the wrong queue!

Saw this thread and checked mine for our upcoming Navigator cruise...All are still there at the time I booked...

But I really HATE this reservation thing...

When we started cruising, everyone was on a traditional dining schedule--early or late...to which we adjusted fairly well...

But, when they started doing the "My Time" or anytime thing, we moved to that...largely for three reasons:

1) Times in port varied and, sometimes, we might be on a tour or excursion that would conflict with early seating.

2) We could check the night time program and adjust our dining to be able to see a show or take part in an activity.

3) We like to go for drinks in the Diamond Lounge pre-dinner...and, if we got into an entertaining conversation, didn't want to have to run off to a predetermined dining time.

We enjoyed that it was truly "any time"...and we could show up at the dining room and get a table...And RCCL was pretty good in getting us a table fairly quickly no matter what time we made it to the MDR.

So, when they started taking reservations, we figured "What's the point?" It was too hard to figure out when we might want to go to dinner each night far in advance of the cruise. We don't know the schedule, don't know the show times, don't really even know when we are getting back to the ship in all cases. Having a set dinner time sort of takes away the allure of that anytime dining thing. And, until recently, never had a problem with it...

But, when we took our most recent back-to-back cruises on Jewel of the Seas, we found that, without reservations, we were treated like second class citizens. We were forced to stand in a line that, for the most part, had NOBODY attending to it. We'd be constantly told that "We have NO tables" or "You should have made reservations" or "Try the buffet". No, not even "We have no tables right now, but wait a few minutes and one will open"...Often, we were just flat out ignored. (BTW, we always told them that we'd be very willing to share with others). One night, we were told there were no tables...and we pointed out that there were empty tables in full view of us. The woman said, "Yes, but that is a table for six and you'd be there with just the two of you"...I replied "What about the couple standing behind us in line?" (I already knew from our conversation while in line that they also were open to sharing)...So, the woman reluctantly sat the four of us at that open table...leaving two empty seats which, of course, they never filled. I complained to Guest Services. They said someone would contact me...they never did. I mentioned it to the Crown & Anchor hostess in the Diamond Lounge...and, from there on, she took it on herself to arrange for our having a table each night.

But, we were so frustrated that, for the second leg of the back-to-back, we bought a 3 night specialty restaurant package...and on formal night, we were invited to the Captain's Table...so, at least, on that second leg, we had to deal with the My Time Dining system only 3 times...

So, because of that, for our upcoming Navigator cruise, I went to the website to make reservations. But, when I got there, the only reservations to be had were 6:30 and before or 8:45 and after (though I would prefer 7:00)...I went ahead and booked 6:30 every night. From our experience on Jewel, I am guessing they will seat us at the same table with the same waiters each night...So, what I have is, in essence, traditional fixed seating dining with a 6:30 dinner...Of course, I could have opted for that 8:45 late seating as well! Sort of kills the whole idea of "My Time Dining", doesn't it?

So, now, how do I "push" the system? Can I talk to someone on board and try to get some of those 6:30 reservations moved around? If I don't show up until, say 6:45 or 7:00, will they seat me from the "with reservations" line anyway?

Saw this thread and checked mine for our upcoming Navigator cruise...All are still there at the time I booked...

But I really HATE this reservation thing...

When we started cruising, everyone was on a traditional dining schedule--early or late...to which we adjusted fairly well...

But, when they started doing the "My Time" or anytime thing, we moved to that...largely for three reasons:

1) Times in port varied and, sometimes, we might be on a tour or excursion that would conflict with early seating.

2) We could check the night time program and adjust our dining to be able to see a show or take part in an activity.

3) We like to go for drinks in the Diamond Lounge pre-dinner...and, if we got into an entertaining conversation, didn't want to have to run off to a predetermined dining time.

We enjoyed that it was truly "any time"...and we could show up at the dining room and get a table...And RCCL was pretty good in getting us a table fairly quickly no matter what time we made it to the MDR.

So, when they started taking reservations, we figured "What's the point?" It was too hard to figure out when we might want to go to dinner each night far in advance of the cruise. We don't know the schedule, don't know the show times, don't really even know when we are getting back to the ship in all cases. Having a set dinner time sort of takes away the allure of that anytime dining thing. And, until recently, never had a problem with it...

But, when we took our most recent back-to-back cruises on Jewel of the Seas, we found that, without reservations, we were treated like second class citizens. We were forced to stand in a line that, for the most part, had NOBODY attending to it. We'd be constantly told that "We have NO tables" or "You should have made reservations" or "Try the buffet". No, not even "We have no tables right now, but wait a few minutes and one will open"...Often, we were just flat out ignored. (BTW, we always told them that we'd be very willing to share with others). One night, we were told there were no tables...and we pointed out that there were empty tables in full view of us. The woman said, "Yes, but that is a table for six and you'd be there with just the two of you"...I replied "What about the couple standing behind us in line?" (I already knew from our conversation while in line that they also were open to sharing)...So, the woman reluctantly sat the four of us at that open table...leaving two empty seats which, of course, they never filled. I complained to Guest Services. They said someone would contact me...they never did. I mentioned it to the Crown & Anchor hostess in the Diamond Lounge...and, from there on, she took it on herself to arrange for our having a table each night.

But, we were so frustrated that, for the second leg of the back-to-back, we bought a 3 night specialty restaurant package...and on formal night, we were invited to the Captain's Table...so, at least, on that second leg, we had to deal with the My Time Dining system only 3 times...

So, because of that, for our upcoming Navigator cruise, I went to the website to make reservations. But, when I got there, the only reservations to be had were 6:30 and before or 8:45 and after (though I would prefer 7:00)...I went ahead and booked 6:30 every night. From our experience on Jewel, I am guessing they will seat us at the same table with the same waiters each night...So, what I have is, in essence, traditional fixed seating dining with a 6:30 dinner...Of course, I could have opted for that 8:45 late seating as well! Sort of kills the whole idea of "My Time Dining", doesn't it?

So, now, how do I "push" the system? Can I talk to someone on board and try to get some of those 6:30 reservations moved around? If I don't show up until, say 6:45 or 7:00, will they seat me from the "with reservations" line anyway?

A big part of the limit on times (from 6:30 to 8:34) for reservations is because they still need to have that table used twice each night. If they let people get a reservation at say 7pm, then they cannot get a seating in before them, and depending on the table, may not be done in time to seat a second set. This severely limits the times they can take reservations.

What we found on Jewel earlier this year, was that once we had reservations, if we told them we would be a little late, they usually figured it out, but we were usually going around 6, so even with 20 minutes late, it could still be turned around for the later crowd.

You may not be able to get them to do 7-8:45 for these reasons. Maybe they might be able to figure it out onboard for say 8:15pm (make sure to seat somebody there before 6, so they get a full 2 hours and can turn over the table), but then you may still have to wait until it is available if the first shift sits longer.

The benefit of MTD is that you are pretty much guaranteed a table for just your party, and they have the capability to change it up some for times, but when you do, it may mean waiting while a table is cleared.

I think if they truly went to at your leisure (no reservations), it might help alleviate some of the issues, as I am sure that soem that make reservations end up missing them, or going to another venue, and then the table sits empty.

Hi. I dont remember the exact times for set dining only the early too early for my family and late too late for my sisters family. Can anyone please give me the early and late seating times. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. I dont remember the exact times for set dining only the early too early for my family and late too late for my sisters family. Can anyone please give me the early and late seating times.

Varies by ship and itinerary but typically 5:30 or 6 and 8 or 8:30.

Wait, isn't MTD "My Time Dining", meaning when you choose, rather than a fixed time?

If they've renamed it to "At Your Leisure", isn't it the exact same thing, just using different words?

Why is this a problem? I mean, if you had MTD in the first place and they've just renamed it? Am I missing something here?

Wait, isn't MTD "My Time Dining", meaning when you choose, rather than a fixed time?

If they've renamed it to "At Your Leisure", isn't it the exact same thing, just using different words?

Why is this a problem? I mean, if you had MTD in the first place and they've just renamed it? Am I missing something here?

I think the folks who are disappointed had MTD reservations for a specific time, which it appears they may have lost.

I think the folks who are disappointed had MTD reservations for a specific time, which it appears they may have lost.

Yes, I had scheduled all my my time dining for my upcoming trip and when I checked back today those reservations are gone and in the place of the scheduled time it says "at your leisure"

My reservation for the Jan. 28th Anthem sail still says Dynamic Dining.:DWill have to contact RCL's dining room people and try to reserve the Grande for early seating. I believe at the 45-60 day range

I do/will miss DD.